How can I download custom decorations from ALE to my PC?

How can I download custom decorations from ALE to my PC?

Postby Astarte » 28 June 2020, 23:40

Hello. How can I download custom decorations from ALE to my PC? The ones that regular users are uploading from time to time. In original resolution if possible.

I need this because I want to create a map with a big amount of details. I know that if decorations are set as separated pieces it makes the map laggier. Therefore I want to download some decorations from ALE to my PC, combine them together in graphics editor and upload back to ALE as a completed decorations "preset". This should make the map gameplay more smooth.
Astarte

Re: How can I download custom decorations from ALE to my PC?

Postby Nyove » 29 June 2020, 09:08

With the power of google chrome's developer tool, you can! :)

Let's say I want to download this beautiful battleaxe created by Silk2 (*ahem* Silk1 *ahem*)

Step 1. Press F12 to open the developer tool shown on the bottom of the picture.
Step 2. Press the TOP and LEFT-MOST icon (one square with a cursor) of the developer tool.
(or press CTRL + SHIFT + C)

Step 3. Hover over the picture like shown below. (until you see "IMG")

Step 4. Click it. Notice in the ELEMENT SECTION a line of code is highlighted.

Step 5. Copy the url in src="" by doubling clicking the text there - in this case we will copy /mimage_cache.php?image_id=17211

Step 6. Add this string to the back of "www.PlazmaBurst2.com" - so in this case we get www.PlazmaBurst2.com/mimage_cache.php?image_id=17211

Step 7. Use a browser to open this URL. Right-click the image and click "Save Image As".

P.S : You can have some fun navigating through the custom images by changing the number in id=? :P
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Return to Bug Reporting Archive