No, I don't like it
13%
No, I don't like it
13%

Total votes : 16

[APPROVAL REQUEST] yizhe-hillmp

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 14 August 2020, 01:59

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: King Of The Hill
- Map ID: yizhe-hillmp
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/index.php? ... zhe-hillmp
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/index.php? ... zhe-hillmp

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: pretty unique map, I do like its classic moderned design. It has 4 levels, a bit tunneled gameplay. You can clearly see the idea of the hill, so this map isn't randomly builded.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It has own idea, architecture wise, unique design with some new features & tunneled gameplay, it follows all new requirements for approval (need to be playtested if there're any issues), it doesn't laggy: for my weak pc and I can say it's good optimized map due to its size. Players like this map - [Rated: 4.82 of 5 // 169 vote(s)]. Seems votes are clear and fair, our community won't rate the map which don't like.
- Any other comments: In my opinion this map Must be reviewed again.

Last edited by CreeperHunter55 on 14 August 2020, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] yizhe-hillmp

Postby Stryde » 14 August 2020, 02:20

This map shouldn't be considered again so soon in my opinion. Here's why:

1. This map was reviewed for one month and was finally rejected two weeks ago by Kiriakos. viewtopic.php?f=180&t=24381 You can check all approval requests in archived section of this forum
2. By requesting to review this map, limiting playtests to maps has no meaning and you might as well let everyone request all of their maps for approval at once and leave their topics open indefinitely.
3. The map still lacks changes that were addressed after continuous playtesting in the previous topic to get it to where it needs to be for approval. I even requested an open-sourced version to help yizhe during his last attempt for approval, but he failed to playtest my changes after (I had to leave so I couldn't help) and see how other areas of the map played due to the changes.

In between playtests it was also difficult because minor changes would drastically effect gameplay, like switching the slot4 to an archetype or to the falkokian sniper. Changes like these were extremely counter-productive and also led to the map being rejected as yizhe wasn't able to take advantage of the feedback from playtesting and direct feedback from map editing.

Edit: Kiriakos is currently on vacation but gave his input on how previously rejected approval requests should be handled.
Spoiler: Show More

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Approval Request Archive