[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a0

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a0

Postby Yex » 5 July 2020, 01:28

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name:Heavy Sniper War [All-Modes][MP]
- Map ID:yex-a0
- Link to Map Page:https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=yex-a0&id=985582
- Link to Map Demo:https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=yex-a0

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map:Heavy sniper war in real time.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved:Was specifically made for approval and also was inspired by stryde-sniper. I just hope that this map isn't too much of a clone but an inspiration instead.
- Any other comments:This map has active variables that change the layout of the background for the map as well as decorations such as flags depending on multiplayer match mode for example if it's TDM/COOP then it will have a red vs blue layout while the DM will have a natural layout for the map but doesn't change gameplay at all only the map layout.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a0

Postby Stryde » 5 July 2020, 11:59

Bottom of map is a hybrid of Stryde-sniper2 and Stryde-sniper3, middle of map seems really similar to Stryde-sniper3, bases/spawnpoints in COOP seem really similar to Stryde-sniper

yex wrote:- Why you think the map deserves to be approved:Was specifically made for approval and also was inspired by stryde-sniper. I just hope that this map isn't too much of a clone but an inspiration instead.

It feels like you just threw my sniper maps together and used a heavy sniper + variable triggerwork to call it unique

Do not need 3 types of every grenade, too many grenades in general = grenade spam
Too many shield grenades can just encourage camping - remove them entirely https://prnt.sc/tc7lw9
These wall textures look bad combined with the background not being aligned in the map, end blue background at red line, not green line https://prnt.sc/tc52dx
Also feels like way too many decorations (flags and lights)
Medic pistol is bad for COOP as it sends enemy into dying state with one bullet. Easy to run around and troll instead of going for kills/may drastically affect gameplay.
The issue is with your approval requests is you are using variables to change backgrounds/decorations based on the gamemode which map was hosted. This is nice feature, but is no longer unique when you do it to every map of yours. It is also difficult because changing these things between gamemodes, the map preview will not be reflective of every gamemode.

Stryde

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 5 July 2020, 15:37

Bad symmetry
Not unique overlay
Too many unnecessary lamps
16 max players is too many, better 3vs3 or 2vs2
Too many grenades, shieldnade is a bit op for sniper map
Minimal 150hp for sniper/ray (and another instagib guns) maps
Wall textures look bad combined with the background not being aligned in the map
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 5 July 2020, 18:04

Plus the feedback above^
On of the main requirements for a map to be approved is to be unique (this map seem way to similar to strydes sniper maps)

One other issue is that if you play in coop you can insta hit the other team once the round starts

Map request not accepted.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Return to Approval Request Archive