[APPROVAL REQUEST] Stryde-underground

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Stryde-underground

Postby Stryde » 4 July 2020, 19:29

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: Underground
- Map ID: Stryde-underground
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=260332
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=s ... nderground

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: A battle set in an underground cavern/mine. Two elevators allow players to travel between the lower level connected by hanging platforms and an upper level of the underground cavern.

Each player is equipped with a CS-OICW combat rifle, defibrillator and 2 HE grenades.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: The map approval team and playtesters should define why the map deserves to be approved. I've playtested the map for movement with a few players in the PB2 community before making this topic and to me and other playtesters, map seems to be suitable for fluid combat.
- Any other comments:
Triggerworking effects: In COOP mode only, HEX modifiers applied to one team to fit map theme
One-switch elevators are synchronized between player gamestates in DM, TDM, and COOP

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Stryde-underground

Postby mingo1 » 5 July 2020, 02:04

I recognize that the open areas of the bottom part of the map you can fall through add to the theme of the map, but I can see players falling too often by accident. When I played the map with you and a group of people in multiplayer the other day, this kept happening. In ranked when players play for player points, it might frustrate them to spawn then take the wrong step to their death

Other than that, the map certainly flows well. The doors open quickly, which I like. Same goes for the speed of the elevator, just smooth. Nice work overall
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Stryde » 5 July 2020, 02:35

mingo1 wrote:When I played the map with you and a group of people in multiplayer the other day, this kept happening. In ranked when players play for player points, it might frustrate them to spawn then take the wrong step to their death

I would agree, but I have playtested wall placements for map alone while spamming the rifle left direction and right direction to try and account for this and have found that platforms are still reachable when people are spamming weapons. When weapons are spammed, movements are slowed, meaning if weapons spam slows movement and lower level of map still functions with proper fluidity for gameplay, I wouldn't worry about players utilizing swords to travel this area, as it would be much easier with higher movement speed. This is something that would have to be checked though with a legitimate playtest however

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 5 July 2020, 17:55

Map is now approved.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Return to Approval Request Archive