[APPROVAL REQUEST] Pixelbyte-PSI

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Pixelbyte-PSI

Postby Pixelbyte » 20 April 2020, 09:46

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: PSI Cutters
- Map ID: Pixelbyte-PSI
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=977173
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=pixelbyte-psi

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: The Falkoks fight in a simulation where they test out the new PSI Cutter's which should kill anyone with a single hit.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It's a great DM map that utilizes a weapon with characteristics not seen before in-game and will make ricochets a more viable skill.
- Any other comments: No

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Pixelbyte-PSI

Postby Girl_Power » 20 April 2020, 22:53

The map is a good idea and I like the layout but I'm afraid having only PSI Cutters in the map would make it a spam-fest. There would be PSI Cutter's projectiles flying in every direction and the match would be over all too quickly. On an extra note, I just tried out the map and the bullet could slice through 3 players easily. If you can, maybe add a bit more health to the players so a one-shot kill to 3 players wouldn't be as easy...
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Pixelbyte » 24 April 2020, 19:54

Girl_Power wrote:The map is a good idea and I like the layout but I'm afraid having only PSI Cutters in the map would make it a spam-fest. There would be PSI Cutter's projectiles flying in every direction and the match would be over all too quickly. On an extra note, I just tried out the map and the bullet could slice through 3 players easily. If you can, maybe add a bit more health to the players so a one-shot kill to 3 players wouldn't be as easy...

When I played the map in DM and COOP it wasn't very spammy but I can see that being an issue. If it does become an issue I'll limit the map to only 6 players.

As for the 3 players killed thing, I see where you're coming from but when playing the map people tanked shots anyway, so I don't think that's a really big issue.

I could be wrong, and in that case I'll request the map to be edited, but as far as I can see now, these aren't really an issue as they seem.

Thank you!

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pixelbyte » 25 April 2020, 21:53

updated map: changed background to "bright panel" and added decoration lamps similar to those that the falkoks had in the original pb, i hope it doesn't add a lot of lag.

edited map to change position of lamp and edit wall textures on kiri's request

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pixelbyte » 3 May 2020, 22:39

topic locked; need to switch map ID

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Approval Request Archive