[APPROVAL REQUEST] creeperhunter55-tdm

[APPROVAL REQUEST] creeperhunter55-tdm

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 1 February 2020, 11:34

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: <DMBase>
- Map ID: creeperhunter55-tdm
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=967836
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=c ... nter55-tdm

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: Main description on the map page. Synchronization for doors, Parkour tricks with or without weapons, The author's handwriting continuing my series, May be possible gameplay on many tactics, Ability to adjust to the individual gameplay (except camping) of each player.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I did this for people who prefer to play in pvp modes. I took into account all the features and subtleties of the gameplay (sound, movement, space, workarounds), for their comfort. The weapon most suitable for competitive mode, after sniper rifles, of course. When creating a map, the features of weapons are also taken into account. For example, you will definitely not regret using railjump on this map. Bullet holes, thin walls for alien shotgun, ricochet-walls/zones for railgun to make sure there are no campers (If its possible).
- Any other comments: Open Source. About mechanisms: Closing certain zones prevents (protects of) spam from weapons for some time. The speed is 1.5 (except for the Elevator) so that those who did not close the doors had a chance to at least throw a grenade if they did not get through. Make sure that when you re-enter the door was still in the same place as the others, in order to avoid abuzz.
When I tested this map for physics, balance and syncing mechanisms in multiplayer (3 days), people asked me if this map was approved and how soon it would be approved (I'm also interested).
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] creeperhunter55-tdm

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 13 February 2020, 15:41

After a playtest we noticed the map is good but it need a few edits.

Spoiler: Show More

Make sure that the end of the map is not visible here because it does not look good.

Also make the dark backgrounds a bit brighter because they look like doors and they may confuse players.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 13 February 2020, 16:26

Kiriakos Gr96 wrote:After a playtest we noticed the map is good but it need a few edits.

Make sure that the end of the map is not visible here because it does not look good.

Also make the dark backgrounds a bit brighter because they look like doors and they may confuse players.

Thank you! Issues was fixed.
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ditzy » 15 March 2020, 07:36

Overall it's pretty good. Map layout and design is nice. I really like the modernized classic look.

One thing I've noticed however is that there are a lot of black platforms against concrete. They look a bit jarring and I'm not sure if it's intentional

I know the issue of roof was brought up earlier, and I think the left side of the map is now looking better. Only possible issue I see with the roof at the moment is this area here, since the only way to fight is to pop out of cover and spray across (realwar style).

My current opinion the roof is a bit of a non-issue, though this will require more playtesting.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Approval Request Archive