[APPROVAL REQUEST] concentrationcz-gizmo

[APPROVAL REQUEST] concentrationcz-gizmo

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 15 October 2019, 11:00

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: Gizmo X610
- Map ID: concentrationcz-gizmo
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=concentrationcz-gizmo&id=956086
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=concentrationcz-gizmo

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: It has 10 players, red vs blue, pretty much it’s own map with small inspirations from xfrostbytex-towers.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It was created for that.
- Any other comments: None whatsoever. I believe the map can be approved since problems are fixed.
Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 20 October 2019, 12:45, edited 3 times in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] concentration-gizmo

Postby Jason Eden » 15 October 2019, 12:33

1) What is this?:

2) What is that?:

3) Did you seriously add a pixel teleport to a non-pixel map?:

-EDIT- 4) And why do you always make maps for 10 players? There is no even such option when you create a match in multiplayer:

Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] concentrationcz-gizmo

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 15 October 2019, 19:16

XD the decor says *NON PIXEL* and yeah it isn’t pixel and staff approved it :P

Map for 10 players is kind of a balance between 16 and 6.

Aesthetic reasons for the 2 hologram BNG’s.

That is a CS vehicle Lostmydollar

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 16 October 2019, 14:49

Star Fox McCloud wrote:XD the decor says *NON PIXEL* and yeah it isn’t pixel and staff approved it :P

This portal is so god damn low quality that it is hard to even tell if it's pixel or not. Either way it looks out of place and thus should be changed because now it looks not right in combination with all those high quality base backgrounds. Also why did you add "staff approved it" part to your response?

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Map for 10 players is kind of a balance between 16 and 6.

How does it even explain anything? You add 2 more players to 8 to balance things that don't even need to be balanced. 8 players is enough for any map in PB2 including this one. And like I already said there is no even such option in multiplayer. You either pick 8 or 16 when you're making a match. So why can't you just use 8? Not 10, not 12, not 6. Just 8. It is simple and comfortable for anyone. Don't you think this way?

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Aesthetic reasons for the 2 hologram BNG’s.

This console is almost the same sized as the player. It is put on the floor and not on the table. You think you are going to teach me aesthetics? Are you serious? Don't make me laugh. Also why does it show 2 BNGs instead of 1? 1 was not enough for the guy who uses that console everyday? Does the guy who works there like using giant console and sit on the floor while looking at two BNGs holograms? [sarcasm]Yeah, that makes sense.[/sarcasm]

Star Fox McCloud wrote:That is a CS vehicle

That is a "I can't take a closer look at the image before respoding to someone's post". Do a second attempt to answer this please. It has visible doors inside (fixed), and it also looks so out of place due to this decoration being so huge, monotonous and low detailed. And why are its wheels inside the ground?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a second look and noticed more issues. Will you simply sillently fix them or will you respond with nonsense reasons why you are not doing this again?

5) Wrong elevator background shade:

6) PC goes inside the table and it is too huge for it. Also that poster should be placed higher:

7) Glowing edges:

8) Visible doors inside of decorations:

9) Overall many decorations (if not all) you added are placed incorrectly. Use X and Y offset to move them so they won't be floating or stuck inside the ground like this:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby ConcentrationCz » 17 October 2019, 13:13

Updates

- Fixed glowing edges
- Replaced CS car decor with 2 OEDA ATC/301 Snowdrop All Terrain Car
- Removed Non Pixel teleport with Apex Echolocator Ship interior
- Replaced and Fixed some decors
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 17 October 2019, 13:18

Okay Mr.Eden it has been changed!

But we still are keeping the holograms. No need to apply so much logic cause Phsc may appear here before you know it lol.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 17 October 2019, 13:39

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Okay Mr.Eden it has been changed!

You're welcome.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Jason Eden » 18 October 2019, 09:08

You missed #9! The one where I said that your map has issue with decorations being stuck in the ground or floating in the air.

You're the map creator. How come you did not notice that?:

Add an engine mark that will switch the gamescale to 300% and then do the X and Y offset for EACH decoration, including the ones that I did not mention in this post. Take your own look.

As for the vehicles and streetlights being stuck inside the grass, you can replace them with backgrounds that use the same model. Here, take a look. I did a quick demonstration map (map that isn't published, so don't look for it).

When placed as decoration:

When placed as background with X and Y offset:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10) Replace that little square door with a wall to remove climb points of the nearby walls on the sides:

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to take a second thought about the #1? Why don't you make that console sized for HUMANS and not for GIANTS FROM SKYRIM.

Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 18 October 2019, 14:03

Everything seems to have been fixed.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby kubakuba » 18 October 2019, 14:16

Replace this door with a wall.
https://prnt.sc/pl38oz
We are only human

kubakuba
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Jason Eden » 18 October 2019, 14:42

kubakuba wrote:Replace this door with a wall.
https://prnt.sc/pl38oz

Good job, Kuba! I didn't even see that.

Also:

- Decoration inside the wall:

- You were supposed to reduce the size of the console (computer), not the size of BNGs. That "table wall" is now too small for it:

- Forgot to remove test guns?:

- Replace this with backgrounds as I described earlier. Would look better:

- Wrong wall material:

- Why do you need two differently sized streetlights in one place? One is too huge, one is too small. They look ridiculous in combination with each other. How about picking only one model? I would suggest the big one:

- Glowing edges:

- Glowing edges 2:

- Decoration inside the wall. Do the Y offset:

- Wrong elevator background shade:

- This PC is too big for this small table. Why don't you make this computer smaller?:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 18 October 2019, 17:06

Okay Kubs and Lostmydollar try it again changes were done.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby kubakuba » 18 October 2019, 17:14

Invisible door here ?
Why?
https://prnt.sc/pl62qj
We are only human

kubakuba
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 18 October 2019, 17:27

kubakuba wrote:Invisible door here ?
Why?

Not..sure? I can’t view the map since I am not on a PC and CZ tired and fell to sleep but Il tell him about that door later, thx

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 18 October 2019, 17:28

kubakuba wrote:Invisible door here ?
Why?

Also the teleport decoration is stuck inside the ground. It needs a Y offset.

Ok, my turn:

- Floating lamp and floating flag. I can see it even without zooming in trigger:

- Table legs are inside the wall and console is still HUGE:

- Floating PC:

- Floating lamp and flag 2:

- This needs a Y offset too:

- Does this little elevator background piece really belong here? Look at the opposite side, there are only 3 "stairs" there:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 19 October 2019, 03:02

More issues fixed tell us more team mates

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 19 October 2019, 07:18

Star Fox McCloud wrote:More issues fixed tell us more team mates

That's the spirit!

Fine, please take it:

- Small gap between teleport and the wall. I think you can rescale it a little. Make it a little bit bigger. Don't try to do the offset here. It won't work. Just change the decoration size:

- Gravitator inside the door:

- I think this floating wall needs some additional backgrounds to explain why is it there. Maybe add an elevator background like you did with the other platform?:

- Left side of this grass is growing in the air. Plus, don't you think that it's weird that a deadly killing ray is coming from grass? Shouldn't there be some sort of a wall or decoration to explain where did the laser come from?:

- Same with this laser. It grows from grass?:

- Ok, the size of this console is acceptable now, but are you still sure that adding 2 BNGs in one place is a good idea? Because the console is now smaller than before and also take a look at where the screen is facing. There can be only one BNG there:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby ConcentrationCz » 19 October 2019, 11:24

Other issues fixed, but I couldn't fix the gravitator in the wall problem because the Y offset doesn't work.
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 19 October 2019, 11:34

ConcentrationCz wrote:Other issues fixed, but I couldn't fix the gravitator in the wall problem because the Y offset doesn't work.

No, I meant move it one block to the left so it wouldn't cross the door to its right.

Please let me know when you're done with this fix. My PC is off and I don't want to turn it on before I make sure it is worth to do so.

Also yeah, for some reason offset doesn't work for original decoration models that were added with the update and not uploaded by players as custom decorations.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby ConcentrationCz » 19 October 2019, 11:59

The gravitator issue has been fixed.
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Next

Return to Approval Request Archive