I want my map of PB:FttP approved please

I want my map of PB:FttP approved please

Postby KbroN » 22 May 2018, 00:10

- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: (MP) PB:FttP 1-2
- Map ID: kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp
- Link to Map Page: [url]http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp&id=452979[/url]
- Link to Map Demo: [url]http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp[/url]

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Red vs Blue in the PB:FttP levels 1 and 2
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I think this could be cool fight in the old PB:FttP 8)
- Any other comments: I worked very hard to have a big resemblance with the original, Any suggestion is welcome 8)
Last edited by KbroN on 25 May 2018, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Show More
http://www.hackedonlinegames.com/game/818/plazma-burst-forward-to-the-past
KbroN
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: I want my map of PB:FttP approved please

Postby gani » 22 May 2018, 10:32

KbroN wrote:- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: (MP) PB:FttP 1-2
- Map ID: kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp&id=452979
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=kbron-plazmaburst_ftp1mp

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Red vs Blue in the PB:FttP levels 1 and 2
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I think this could be cool fight in the old PB:FttP 8)
- Any other comments: I worked very hard to have a big resemblance with the original, Any suggestion is welcome 8)

o hi there bro! good luck with it :)

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby BLAST3R » 22 May 2018, 13:16

Did you even read the approval requirements?
This is torture to my eyes, it will never get approved when it is like this.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

literally what

Postby thetoppestkek » 22 May 2018, 13:42

We're off to a great start.

This is what I got the second I loaded up the map.

Since the map so spectacularly freezes up and renders the game unplayable, I'm going to (inaccurately) judge the map's structure from the map preview. Open spoilers for images.

My first complaint - height advantage. This is my biggest gripe about this map, and honestly I've never seen such bias like this before in a multiplayer map. Red is basically fish food for the Blues, who can simply camp their spawn and rain hell from above. This wouldn't differ in DM/TDM, where one team/player can simply camp the upper part and decimate their opposition.

My second complaint - amount of open space. The space is so open that everyone can just simply spam bullets and get free kills. There's literally no cover to hide behind in case that happens - and as we all know that never ends well with 10 gopniks running around spamming bullets.

And finally, my second biggest gripe about this map - the amount of camping spots. This is, again, a very big issue for the Red team in COOP mode (see height advantage complaint) and also DM (see height advantage complaint again). There's also some camping spots in Red spawn and at other spots. (see supplied screenshot)

I would also complain about the size of the map - but since I can't play it myself due to it spectacularly failing to load I choose not to complain about it.

In conclusion - this is an easily exploited, horrible and biased map that shouldn't be approved at all. Next time you make a map - try not to base it around a campaign level that's MEANT to give the player a ton of advantages.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby gani » 22 May 2018, 14:32

oh wait, this is pb fttp coop map for approval?
this is should be trolling

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KbroN » 22 May 2018, 19:07

silverteen11 wrote:Why did you add the random trigger sounds? Specially the "Fantastic!" everytime somebody dies... there's also a bunch of desync factors so this definitely shouldn't be approved...

i dont know, i just use them as joke... only that :P

gani wrote:oh wait, this is pb fttp coop map for approval?
this is should be trolling

only works fine in DM/TDM, COOP does not works fine as i want. :nope:

thetoppestkek wrote:We're off to a great start.

This is what I got the second I loaded up the map.

Since the map so spectacularly freezes up and renders the game unplayable, I'm going to (inaccurately) judge the map's structure from the map preview. Open spoilers for images.

My first complaint - height advantage. This is my biggest gripe about this map, and honestly I've never seen such bias like this before in a multiplayer map. Red is basically fish food for the Blues, who can simply camp their spawn and rain hell from above. This wouldn't differ in DM/TDM, where one team/player can simply camp the upper part and decimate their opposition.

My second complaint - amount of open space. The space is so open that everyone can just simply spam bullets and get free kills. There's literally no cover to hide behind in case that happens - and as we all know that never ends well with 10 gopniks running around spamming bullets.

And finally, my second biggest gripe about this map - the amount of camping spots. This is, again, a very big issue for the Red team in COOP mode (see height advantage complaint) and also DM (see height advantage complaint again). There's also some camping spots in Red spawn and at other spots. (see supplied screenshot)

I would also complain about the size of the map - but since I can't play it myself due to it spectacularly failing to load I choose not to complain about it.

In conclusion - this is an easily exploited, horrible and biased map that shouldn't be approved at all. Next time you make a map - try not to base it around a campaign level that's MEANT to give the player a ton of advantages.

So? what must be removed and what i should add without delete the entire map?

REMEMBER: The map is BASED on PB:FttP i cant change somethings....
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 23 May 2018, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Triple post.
Spoiler: Show More
http://www.hackedonlinegames.com/game/818/plazma-burst-forward-to-the-past
KbroN
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 23 May 2018, 14:42

KbroN dont triple post the next time use the edit button.

On topic
i suggest not to use barrels on multyplayers maps also make each team have the same skins(characters on coop) and make the pixel background to basic also its not allowed approved maps to have edited guns(guns that their stats or bullet color etc are changed by triggers)and i think star defender guns dont fit in the map.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 May 2018, 18:32

The problem with using singleplayer levels as is for multiplayer is that those levels aren't designed for multiplayer. You'll have some inherent issues with balancing unless you add in a few details to balance things out at the cost of accuracy to the original map.

One of those inherent problems as mentioned already happens to be the fact that the map is too open in some areas so it's easy to get kills and killed. Not to mention the map size is massive in my opinion. Maybe the player count solves this but not every match running this map will have a full game. Imagine spawning on the other end of the map while your opponents spawn on the other in DM/TDM, especially with just a handful or fewer people in the map. You don't want to play a searching game longer than you're playing a game where you kill people in a match. Maybe keep the map design specific to just one level rather than two and see how that goes.

Also I'm not one to talk about mapmakers' behavior in topics like this but this is just low. You can't expect respect when your response to valid criticism is this - http://prntscr.com/jlpdg6
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Approval Request Archive