[APPROVAL REQUEST] gz55-fftb Update 1

[APPROVAL REQUEST] gz55-fftb Update 1

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 January 2018, 23:56

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Fight for the Base - Reloaded
- Map ID: gz55-fftb
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=g ... &id=861254
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=gz55-fftb

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Based off of lpzimms concept of boze-fightforthebase [2017] remake, this map features two bases, an open field and a large starship at the top of the map.
Lets bring back one of the golden oldies of Plazma Burst 2!
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It's a significant Reloaded version of boze's fightforthebase from 2011, everybody loved that map, so since it's perfected, it should be approved and make old timers glad to experience the map once more. Along with new players, so they can see what the map is like similarly.
- Any other comments: This map wasn't made to be 100% symmetrical on both sides.

Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 9 February 2018, 22:37, edited 5 times in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] gz55-fftb

Postby Stryde » 30 January 2018, 02:06

It's based off of a remake of a remake, can you even call this a remake anymore? If it's being marketed as a remake, it shouldn't be approved. If it's being marketed as a new separate entity from boze-fightforthebase or "lpzimms boze-fightforthebase 2017 remake", then I guess it's fine?

Since you didn't make this map, like all of your requests, I'd argue that there's more wrong with this map than what I'm able to see and test

- Non-returning door bug on both ships from either base will result in advantage for players who are previously connected
- Why are the gravitators disabled if I can still use them?

This laser isn't even fully collided with the wall, leaving a pixel gap in its place. Laser doesn't even do damage go figure

=====================

For starters, non-returning door bug on elevator
Secondly, who in their right mind would lock a minigun in a room that only has 1 access point, with a door that can be sprayed through by most weapons on this map, nonetheless
=====================
This is terrible in terms of approved gameplay

Non-returning door issue will allow me to camp in here and spam with pistol, alien rifle, raygun and spray down through half of the map

Ugly collision, fix by digging water into wall by 2 pixels

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] gz55-fftb

Postby GZ55 » 30 January 2018, 04:07

Creator (or bootlegger?) of the map here. Please forgive me for my condescending tone and my lengthy defence. I do not want to seem "thirsty" for a higher LDr or the instant approval of this map, I merely want to discuss whether maps such as this one have the prerequisites for approval.

Firstly, spamming is almost universal, common to approved maps at this point, and you can come up with overpowered ways of spamming your weapons in most maps if you're strategic enough. Yes, there are multiple sections of the map which might be coveted by players due to their advantageous positions, but there is always some way (no matter how difficult) to counter these tactics. The minigun chamber you had mentioned has two locations from which the camper can be potentially killed: the ceiling (40 units in thickness, allowing the hero Pistol, the Alien Rifle and the Ray Gun to penetrate through) as well as the thin window. Yes, it requires some backtracking, but every camper can be readily eliminated in this map. Arguably, the very concept of claiming the high ground poses a much larger problem!

Secondly, as I have been seeing things recently, it appears that anything which involves a button-activated trigger is right out of the question. Why not completely forbid the use of E-key triggers and make it a general rule for those hopeful to get their maps approved?

Finally, your points in regard to the map's aesthetics are the only valid points of your argument, really. The laser was misplaced and I missed it, not having paid attention. While lpzimm had originally intended to reduce lag by using the "Disabled gravitator" skin (less animated sprites), I can see how this may cause some slight initial confusion.

Everything else seems to be in check, and despite my relative lack of experience in map creation (gz55-mp1 was a disheartening but necessary experience), I can assure you, there are no other critical mistakes I could have made.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] gz55-fftb Update 1

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 5 February 2018, 23:31

[MAJOR UPDATES]

- Drop Pods have been replaced with Teleporters
- New weapons added: All Falkokian weapons, Guass Rifle, Minigun LMG-01m, PHANX-92 Rifle, Usurpation Sniper
Rifle, AV-135, Needle, QCcV-50 Little Bastard, RPG, Alien Laser Rifle Heaters, RMK-36, Crossfire CR-45 Phantom, Energy Rifle, SMG, and the CP Assault Rifle.
- Weapons Removed: Raygun, Rocket Launcher, Assault Rifle-c01r, Pistol- CS Pro, Alien Pistols, Shotgun-CS Daze, Minigun c-012, Combat Rifle CS-OICW, and the Alien Rifles.
- The Sky was blueish green, now it is darkish Purple with hints of blue and pink
- New wall lamp and back lamps added
- 2 new decors added. ( A machine, and a mines barrel.)
- All elevators in the ship has been replaced with antigravitators.
- 1 side antigravitator added
- Major Design Additions on the big ships and a major design overhaul on the bases and battlefield.
- More openings in the big ship to prevent "easy" camping.
- Platforms had gained changes
[Fixes]
- Higher water along with fixing the collision.
- Fixed locations of the lasers.

Another Comment: The HP is 250 because the distance between floor and ceiling. The new weapons are "oneshot/onekill.

THE MAP IS DELETED! MAP HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO ACE 1'S PROFILE!

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Approval Request Archive