[APPROVAL REMOVAL] skound-relic

[APPROVAL REMOVAL] skound-relic

Postby IcYeGodZ » 29 May 2018, 03:29

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Relic [MP]
- Map ID: skound-relic
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=s ... &id=439638
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=skound-relic

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: EG, Outdated, unfair, map glitches present, etc: Another dead map, keep those defibs coming x)
- In detail, why should the map not be approved?: Again, it's dead map that nobody knows about. Nobody ever plays nor cares about.
- Any other comments: nope

IcYeGodZ
Recruit

Re: [APPROVAL REMOVAL] skound-relic

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 June 2018, 21:39

I love how you don't like getting the context. So you want maps to stay for months with NOBODY playing it, taking over the approved maps list. The map got approved somewhere in 2014-15. Smh

Jus look at the plays, it's not that hard.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 3 June 2018, 23:52

So you want maps that aren't getting any attention to remain on the list.

Just like having useless garbage on the PC and refusing to clean it.

Annnd called out on what? because a man has stronger rational thinking? I guess hikarikaze will comment on this the same way. Oh and talk to stryde since he got some maps unapproved for low plays and ratings. "BEING OLD" of course lul.

P.S, what does realwar have to do with this...it has one of the highest plays and ratings and functional. Leave the map out of this map please.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 June 2018, 01:59

Omfg did you look at the removal requests?? How many maps did stryde roast along with sparken to get unapproved? Dammit get your head together..

And ofc it's not strydes maps it's OTHER MAPS..

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 June 2018, 02:48

In my eyes it's roasting, even the pb2 community on discord were going crazy. Anywho do you want this map to stay on the approved list with nobody playing it silverteen?

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 4 June 2018, 18:39

Why gold has a bigger value compared to dirt? Because gold is rare. What happens to money if there are too many of them? Right, inflation. Same with pb2. Too many low quality/unpopular approved maps makes the approval mark cost nothing to level developers and regular users. Removing unwanted/unplayed maps from the list may solve the problem. Make the approval mark become worth working for. So yea i agree with op. Also who the hell cares about private matches? Pb2 is still alive because there are dozens of guests playing xdeath-realwar 24/7. I mean yea your activities in private matches matter too but it is not worth saving those maps that nobody besides you plays.
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 4 June 2018, 20:26

lostmydollar wrote:Why gold has a bigger value compared to dirt? Because gold is rare. What happens to money if there are too many of them? Right, inflation.

not a really good analogy. unlike money, these maps serve no real concrete use and their value isn't pre-determined from the start. people can get by without them and people can place any kind of value on these maps at any time. also how do you define where "map inflation" starts? it's not like money or economics where you can actually see where inflation starts to happen

lostmydollar wrote:Too many low quality/unpopular approved maps makes the approval mark cost nothing to level developers and regular users

this would imply approval had value to begin with. even so, people can place the value of approval themselves the same way they can set their own value for a map. it's entirely subjective

i understand what OP's trying to say but it just sounds like the map needs attention, which this topic is giving. a lowering player retention that's also focused on investing time into just a few maps is to blame but that's natural in a game's life cycle. obscurely known maps are bound to experience this at greater volumes but even highly played maps will reach that effect eventually. i don't consider lack of popularity to be a solid argument especially in this case. if the map had issues however, it'd be a different story
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lpzimm » 4 June 2018, 21:06

You need to put in more effort, why should this map be unapproved? Show us it's unfair, show us the glitches present. Dead is not a good enough reason.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 June 2018, 21:14

Look at the plays and look at the list Lpzimm. don't make this harder than you think.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Incompetence » 4 June 2018, 21:20

Star Fox McCloud wrote:Look at the plays and look at the list Lpzimm. don't make this harder than you think.

low play count isn't a good argument though. it doesn't hold any weight
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 June 2018, 21:25

Ok. Lets keep all maps on the list, and not remove any x)

Lets keep piling up the maps that nobody plays.

Can't wait for coomplaints when ALL of pb2 maps combine with pb2.5 maps in the future. Hope it reaches 1000 maps with barely any plays!

P.S tell those players to shut up when they say there's too many maps on the list.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby DoomWrath » 5 June 2018, 23:05

Sometimes good maps can have a very low play count for all kinds of reasons. Perhaps when it launched, it was quickly pushed down the approval list and forgotten about?

But in this case, the map plays pretty weird. There's a lot of glitchy spots, the map is overall too tight for fluid travel, and you're constantly getting hung up on things. Under 50 votes since its 2013 release and only 18 MP plays since this time last year are a good indication that the map isn't exactly wonderful. I'm going to remove it from the approved list at this time.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Removal Requests Archive