[Removal Request] Tburn-raywars

[Removal Request] Tburn-raywars

Postby Stryde » 30 November 2017, 15:57

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: :.|~RayWars v0.1~|.:
- Map ID: tburn-raywars
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=tburn ... &id=598205
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=tburn-raywars

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: Acid blends in with background, instant spawnkilling, spraying lane on bottom of map
- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:

Acid blends in with the background. So when you suddenly start taking damage and have no idea what its coming from, good luck new players?

Here's the spawnkill again with another one of tburn's maps...
All you need to do is jump up and die within a second from a raygun projectile, as seen with the map preview.

Can't get over middle of map with or without a gun deployed, which violates this requirement:

The doors are nice... however, they start moving when they are hit with a projectile, exposing the whole bottom part of the map that is sprayable now

If you fire directly at the door when it's down, it will stay down, transforming the bottom of the map into a spraying lane to kill anyone with a raygun projectile.

Here is an image from the map preview that showcases that you can hit anyone across the map if you shoot the door or slice at it to open it up

- Any other comments: maps should really be tested before being approved

Stryde

Re: [Removal Request] Tburn-raywars

Postby Ty Q » 1 December 2017, 14:54

Black water and lime green (the default acid color) water both give off the impression that neither are safe.

"This water looks different from normal water. Maybe it's not normal water..."

"Wow! I had no idea it shows that it's acid! Thanks Eric Gurt! Now I know that I'll take damage if I swim in there!"

I'll fix the middle part of the map later.

And the map is meant for 4 people. Both of these entire areas—and the top part of the map after I edit it—supply cover from that spot.

The only valid reason provided is the spawnkilling.

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Removal Requests Archive