[Removal request] Tburn-sniperwars

[Removal request] Tburn-sniperwars

Postby Stryde » 30 November 2017, 03:27

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: :.|~Sniperwars~|.:
- Map ID: tburn-sniperwars
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=tburn ... &id=378949
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=tburn-sniperwars

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: Spawnkill in more than 1 place, unmarked pushers
- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:

I jumped up from my top spawn point, and died immediately from a sniper bullet

Also, there is a clear firing lane across the entire map.

My point of view (on left side of map):

Sparrow's point of view (on right side of map in water column through a wall 3 pixels thick):

He was instantly dead. We tested this multiple times, and we were both killed right away multiple times.

Invisible pushers are located in the bottom of the water sections. Both water sections seem really unreasonable on a map that is so small in the middle, as well

- Any other comments:

Stryde

Re: [Removal request] Tburn-sniperwars

Postby Silent Aurora » 30 November 2017, 03:48

Further visual demonstration of how it's easy to get spawn-killed during COOP (which is a violation of the approval guide which Stryde has already stated) when playing Tburn-snipers:

Another video demonstrating the firing lane issue on the map:

Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Ty Q » 30 November 2017, 18:07

I doubt my posting here will make a difference, seeing as how Sparken has some authority over what maps get unapproved, but if you jump upward into the firing zone on eric gurt-railwars or stryde-sniper2, your head is going to get blasted off. That's how most symmetrical maps with an open air work. And the only time this will work is if and only if both players jump up.

As for the firing lane, players don't spawn there; they would have to get to that point in order for them to be able to spam across the map (the same occurs in the two maps aforementioned). And in the video provided by Sparrow, it took several shots before someone actually got a kill from firing across the map. Unless both players purposefully decided to sit in those spots and spam, they probably wouldn't get hit.

The unmarked pushers is understandable. I'll make sure to mark them with the horizontal gravitator decoration when I edit the map.
Last edited by Ty Q on 3 December 2017, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Krutz » 30 November 2017, 20:19

you have to commit in a map like eric gurt-railwars 1: you self boost 30 pixels upward into an area of no cover with few and of equal elevation platforms

this map is you jump 2 pixels and youre in a line of fire

also your border pushers are slightly outclassed by walking speed, and since they dont look that weak, you need to add stability damage to them

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Removal Requests Archive