[Removal Request] eric gurt-railwars1

[Removal Request] eric gurt-railwars1

Postby Krutz » 26 November 2017, 22:49

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: yes
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: yes
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: yes

[B]
- Map Name: Rail Wars v1.0
- Map ID: eric gurt-railwars1
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=e ... &id=230747
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=eric%20gurt-railwars1

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?:
According to the Level Editor Manual's list of approval requirements, the map violates this requirement of the gameplay aspect of maps:

Requirement II.5: Make sure everyone can play on your map, including players who play on a high physics setting and have no idea on how to sword jump, self boost and hold the X key. To test it, pick up defibrillator and try to reach every part of your map without pressing X.

- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:
Requirement II.5 of the LEMARs forbids the establishment of physical locations that are unable to be accessed without "sword-jumping" (superior jumping). This wall that divides the spawn points from the central upper platform has a height of 27 pixels measured from within the spawn point. This wall is impossible to pass with an inferior jump (jumping while holding an object, like a defibrillator) and requires not only a superior jump (sword-jump), but also a form of self-boosting.

- Any other comments:

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: [Removal Request] eric gurt-railwars1

Postby Dariy » 26 November 2017, 22:53

A perfect example of why either the rules need to be more flexible or followed more strictly.
ησтнιηg вυт тнє вєѕт ιѕ gσσ∂ єησυgн ƒσя мє
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby XFrostByteX » 26 November 2017, 22:55

Second this. Maps should be balanced around these rules regardless of the map maker.

Or you know fix the game so self boosting & low physics are either features or removed. Can't have a competitive game when players can choose how physics work xd
XFrostByteX
Recruit

Postby try Aero » 26 November 2017, 23:06

Very true and I agree with the post. But after so many games from so many players and much time spent on egrw, I do not believe it will be revoked for approval.

Dariy wrote:A perfect example of why either the rules need to be more flexible or followed more strictly.

Well said.
try Aero
Recruit

Postby Eric Gurt » 27 November 2017, 04:01

Does it seem to be better now?
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

no

Postby Krutz » 27 November 2017, 04:59

no
o o

Krutz

Postby ultimas » 27 November 2017, 05:10

Yeah i to go with unapproving this map
ultimas
Recruit

Postby Ty Q » 27 November 2017, 12:10

Krutz wrote:- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:

[...]

This wall is impossible to pass with an inferior jump (jumping while holding an object, like a defibrillator) and requires not only a superior jump (sword-jump), but also a form of self-boosting.

With all due respect, the topic starter exaggerated the height of the walls adjacent to both spawn points. The wall can be reached using a "superior jump", as I tested it myself on all physics and frame rates.

This doesn't change the fact that it can't be reached without a gun equipped. I see no issue with the map. Personally, I'd just go for editing the map approval guidelines and removing the part about sword jumping. For that route would satiate everyone that enjoys playing this map.

>makes thread complaining about wall height when players that spawn left on krutz-fftb can't reach the middle area without enhanced jumps

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 27 November 2017, 14:10

Ty Q wrote:I see no issue with the map. Personally, I'd just go for editing the map approval guidelines and removing the part about sword jumping. For that route would satiate everyone that enjoys playing this map.

I usually don't agree with tburn, but when it has come this far to editing EGRW, the map guidelines for approval need to be updated before the approval system can continue, because old maps are refused to be unapproved due to unpopularity and outdatedness such as ms assassin-railwars, jibb-epic, givani-net, parkour peter-inferno, etc, while new maps continue to flood the system.

How can a system be public like this but yet half of the approved maps don't even meet required guidelines, because they are never checked when considering maps for approval in the first place?

Also, the changes to EGRW weren't really needed, as an update in like 1999 made it so you can "selfboost" just by slicing and jumping to get to the top of the map, to help new people at the game.

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby panik » 27 November 2017, 16:54

This topic really shouldn't exist to be honest. The problem isn't the wall, the wall is perfectly fine. The problem is there's alot of incompetent players in PB2. The solution isn't to remove an all time great/classic map, the solution is to educate the community on how to properly selfboost because it boggles my mind how something so simple is so difficult for some. My suggestion is a tutorial on the PB2 home page which shows the optimal settings for pb2 players for self boosting, because quite honestly, if you set your settings to low physics you can boost up to the top of the wall with simply a defib never mind slicing. Again the issue isn't the map, the issue is the community not knowing how to perform the simplest of moves.

panik
Recruit

Postby Max teabag » 27 November 2017, 18:15

The map was flawed since you can camp on the upper platform, and a newbie has no way to get to you, making the round last forever.

But there wasn't any problem with the map ever since the sword-jumping boost was introduced, if you can't sword-jump, you shouldn't be playing competitive matches.

The defib-jump restriction benefits nobody.
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Krutz » 27 November 2017, 21:06

Ty Q wrote:With all due respect, the topic starter exaggerated the height of the walls adjacent to both spawn points. The wall can be reached using a "superior jump", as I tested it myself on all physics and frame rates.

This doesn't change the fact that it can't be reached without a gun equipped. I see no issue with the map. Personally, I'd just go for editing the map approval guidelines and removing the part about sword jumping. For that route would satiate everyone that enjoys playing this map.

>makes thread complaining about wall height when players that spawn left on krutz-fftb can't reach the middle area without enhanced jumps

first dont bother offering any respect if youre going to finish with a personal jab

i as the "topic starter" didnt exaggerate any measurements; the wall, as measured from within the spawn point (which i specified) is in fact 27 pixels high.

Also, it's clear that you don't know what a "superior jump" is, even though I defined it parentheses. It is clearly impossible to merely superior-jump to the top of the wall. Jump heights in multiplayer are equalized across the board to 10 pixels, and such a jump height still won't get you near the top of the wall:

Spoiler: Show More

So, the ledge is only reachable via some sort of assistance, like self-boosting... which is literally what I said. Physics configurations and framerate caps are irrelevant.

do i see an issue with eric gurt-railwars1? no. i like the map, and i think it should be approved. this topic was just a point to prove that the Level Editor Manual Approval Requirements are garbage and shouldn't be considered when approving maps, if youre going to "start anew" with a "new approval system"

and for what panik is saying about the problem with incompetent players: thats not the problem at all. the problem is people actually even consider this trash "constitution" in any affairs related to approving a map—its garbage

the point of this topic is not that i dont like eric gurt-railwars1 or that the map should appeal to "incompetent players" (there is no possibility that there is a single new player who is learning the game competitively on eric gurt-railwars1 anyway—anybody who is playing on the map knows what a self-boost is and anyone who is not playing on the map probably doesnt care about it and never will), its that the LEMARs are a pile of garbage that people look back to for some reason yet it isnt even enforced at the same time?? doesnt really make sense, delete the LEMARs and we chillin

Krutz

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 27 November 2017, 21:10

I can't understand how such a horrendous act of cruelty would even be thought of by someone, yet it has been acted.

Logic and arguments prove to have no avail with such creatures.

They can't comprehend why this shouldn't happen, they don't have the capacity to do so!

egrw1 is more than a classic, it is an eternal symbol of the joy and wellbeing and memories and everything good relating to pb2...

Yet it has been modified for the convenience of the misguided... because of mindless submission to a rule which exists because of a reason they cannot see or understand... because they do not think and take everything literally word to word without analysing it, this is the mark of the people which all evil takes root from.

Such a shame... i feel raped... it's as if someone has taken all life from me... this is all because of you... Damn you!
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Krutz » 27 November 2017, 21:15

no worries the kidd eric edited it back so we chillin

Krutz

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 November 2017, 22:42

Since changes were undone and the risk of this topic developing a flame war, going to lock it as there's no further use for it.

Topic locked.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Removal Requests Archive