[REMOVAL REQUEST] stryde-sniper

Re: [REMOVAL REQUEST] stryde-sniper

Postby Civil_Boss » 17 January 2019, 05:05

Temporarily un-approving stryde-sniper will cause some confusion if some of the community doesn't keep up to date on the PB2 forums.

But hey, could be a good idea.
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby IceRGodZ » 17 January 2019, 18:14

If you disapprove this expect you guys to get backlashed/destroyed from the small online community and turning to a dead corpse. this map will dominate pb2.5/3 servers just as much as now and a few months ago. 12,000 plays and 4600+ votes guys, deal with it. punishment for murdering realwar 8)

IceRGodZ
Recruit

Postby wreak » 19 January 2019, 00:10

IceRGodZ wrote:If you disapprove this expect you guys to get backlashed/destroyed from the small online community and turning to a dead corpse. this map will dominate pb2.5/3 servers just as much as now and a few months ago. 12,000 plays and 4600+ votes guys, deal with it. punishment for murdering realwar 8)

My head hurts reading this reply.

Ontopic: I think having a way to notify users could help with the confusion. If we look at the past, popular maps that were gone or ruined will not really decrease the amount of pb2 users. Remakes are often made to replace these popular maps.

707-swords (multiple remakes of this map)
luls-base (Newer base maps took over once luls lost his base map)
707-school (players just went back to playing excl-school more)
ph3x-base (people didn't like the newer version, there is a old version of the map)

There is a lot more maps removed or "ruined" but I can't remember all the names considering I don't have any references. We shouldn't worry about pb2 being completely dead because of a popular map unapproved for a temporary amount of time. Some simple edits to the map can easily make it a fair, balanced map.

EDIT: Also, this excuse that stryde-sniper is a approved map doesn't really mean much. The maps I listed affected a much greater scale of users since they were unapproved (A lot more people play unapproved then approved), did people leave because those maps were gone/ruined?
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Resurrectionn » 20 January 2019, 16:30

phsc wrote:
Ressurection wrote:How on earth have I lost the arguement I have yet to hear a reason why the map should be disapproved that wouldn't apply to nearly all the other popular maps.

first of all, what is the problem with a reason that applies to other maps? really, that isnt even an argument
its like saying that just because a ton of people have some disorder we shouldnt treat the disorder

Ressurection wrote:Secondly I doubt you even read what i said,you claim that its a low skill map, that is true surely the game should be cloee.I still stand by my 1v1 offer, to show how much of a skill gap their is between two players im willing to 1v1 like 15 times. Let's see how much times u win if at all LMAO. According to yourself a map with such a low skill ceiling and such a simplistic design surely you'll be able to win atleast once? What's the point of 1v1ing near my skill level that proves nothing.

pb2 still has a skillcap but its minimal READ MY POST YOU deliciously exquisite pizza sauce DUMBASS where i compare it to a game that has an actual skillcap
your argument is the same as those dudes who instead of arguing want to start a fight or smth
again youre using the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce same argument which isnt EVEN A deliciously exquisite pizza sauce ARGUMENT

Ressurection wrote:Lastly as i have already stated earlier if you were to use any of dumb points to disapprove this map you might aswell disapprove every map because all this nonsense can be applied or slightly changed to apply to simply every map.

well ur the one using logical fallacies here so ur the dumb one, ur the one who instead of arguing keeps calling people to deliciously exquisite pizza sauce 1v1s, its like saying that the caveman who wants to fight with someone and show them that theyre good at a thing so that means the thing has a high skillcap is better than deliciously exquisite pizza sauce descartes or smth
and even then, if you want to see what a high skillcap is like lets idk play dota 2 like 1v1 sf mid or smth i swear that you will play the game for 2 years daily n wont be able to deliciously exquisite pizza sauce kill me once cuz THAT IS A GAME WITH AN ACTUAL HIGH SKILLCAP unlike pb2 which im sure that if i get crappy internet play on low 20 or smth n have some luck with the crappy syncing of the game i might beat ur ass after playing like 2 weeks or smth, as ANYONE ON THIS deliciously exquisite pizza sauce COMMUNITY PROBABLY CAN, its literally a grind not something about the natural skill modifier read the long ass post i made about the time factor being more important than the skill modifier

Ressurection wrote:I still wonder why i bother with this im in a debate about what in the game takes skill but the only skill the man has is typing in forums, I digress. Oh yea and finally there is nothing "cool" about talking in forums about games LOL

first of all its a girl, you probably have never seen one i guess, yeah i can use ad hominem too
and it is cool, i mean its really funny to see someone as ridiculous as u who cant even use arguments, every time you post i laugh, and some ppl in pb2s discord laugh too, deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, youre so ridiculous, the best part is how you use like LOL trying to roast hik but thing is she also doesnt deliciously exquisite pizza sauce care im prett sure about that and prob finds this funny too

youre ridiculous n thats it i guess

so i imagine ur thinking like im here just to defend hik or smth but thing is im here just cuz ur ridiculous and im not even friends with hik and we even argue some times too just look at the fanart section

I'm going to wrap up it cuz this is clearly going no where. Firstly delusional enough to believe all maps should be disapproved. Secondly all your replies are long yet have no sense in them . It's as simple as this. If i was to play a stryde sniper game with you 20 times. which I'm already willing to do. you wouldn't get more than 5 kills in any of them. And the reason you would even get that little amount is mainly because the game has random bullet damage. Anyway I have entertained yalls stupidity long enough , till the day you die stryde sniper more than likely will never be disapproved in this game you don't even play LOL.
The Nectar Collector

Resurrectionn
Recruit

Postby Resurrectionn » 20 January 2019, 16:37

Hikarikaze wrote:
Resurrectionn wrote:How on earth have I lost the arguement I have yet to hear a reason why the map should be disapproved that wouldn't apply to nearly all the other popular maps.

You lost the argument because you're still doubling down on your "argument" and repeating it ad nauseam

The OP has arguably valid reasons as to why the map should be unapproved, which I'm not going to repeat because it's already been said, even though the entire overarching reason this whole topic exists was because the map approval requirements are so flimsy that almost every approved map can be targeted for disapproval with reasons like OP listed. You'd know that if you actually bothered to read the last 2-3 pages in this topic

Resurrectionn wrote:Secondly I doubt you even read what i said,you claim that its a low skill map, that is true surely the game should be cloee.I still stand by my 1v1 offer, to show how much of a skill gap their is between two players im willing to 1v1 like 15 times. Let's see how much times u win if at all LMAO.

I've shown you exactly how it's a low skill map; you still think otherwise which shows that you haven't read what I said. You're just re-using the same hypothetical "well, if it's low skill, then it surely must be close" point to try to argue against my point when I de-constructed that argument in my previous reply to you by mentioning variables and skill differences.

The fact you still stand by the 1v1 offer also shows you either want to be ignorant or you just don't have proper reading comprehension to fully understand the argument. You try to offer 15 1v1s like that's a substantial amount of trials needed to prove anything, and you still haven't even answered my question from multiple posts ago on how a 1v1 would even prove anything. If you want your 1v1 point to even hold any weight, fallacious or not, you'd need at least 100 1v1s. You yourself don't even want to do that because you're offering 85 less 1v1s than what is substantial enough to be a more valid argument.

Also, your ego doesn't mean anything to me so you can keep saying "let's see how many times you win against me" as much as you want. Nobody wants to 1v1 you, plain and simple. The difference between you and I is clear as night and day: I'm a mapmaker that had well-received approved maps before so I know what I'm talking about here; you're just somebody who I've never heard of despite your rank that means nothing outside and inside of this game. You're just a competitor in a game that doesn't have competitiveness; I'm a person that gives you the ground to be a competitor in.

Resurrectionn wrote:According to yourself a map with such a low skill ceiling and such a simplistic design surely you'll be able to win atleast once?

Translation: I haven't read the post but I just want to 1v1 you because I have no faith in my own stats and want to flex on others anyways

Resurrectionn wrote:What's the point of 1v1ing near my skill level that proves nothing.

It makes the scenario in question balanced and fair, therefore making it valid and worth consideration. I guess this point flew over your head too like the selfboosters in stryde-sniper

Resurrectionn wrote:Lastly as i have already stated earlier if you were to use any of dumb points to disapprove this map you might aswell disapprove every map because all this nonsense can be applied or slightly changed to apply to simply every map.

You just repeated that which has basically already been said a long time ago in this topic and section. Good job.

Resurrectionn wrote:I still wonder why i bother with this im in a debate about what in the game takes skill but the only skill the man has is typing in forums, I digress.

As if having 94k kills in a flash game is worth considering "having skill" lol

Insulting is one of those skills you also don't seem to have. I suggest you do something that's more in your appropriate skill range, like digging up sand at a playground. Leave the discussing to the grown-ups at the table

I'm not going to spent all spend much time replying this all I'm going to say to you. Firstly dont behave like you know anything about how skill works in this game becuase you dont. Firstly if we were to 1v1ing 20 times and if weren't to get 5 in any of them. I don't see how you would in 100 games. And even if you did win in 100 games 99-1 clearly shows their so a good skill gap. Anyway I'm not going to type hundreds of words to disprove you again, simply becuase all your efforts are in vain becuase we both know nothing in going to happen lol.... If you want to continue crying about how it's low skill gap map in a game you clearly don't play be my guest. I'm still waiting for the day someone gives me a valid point.
The Nectar Collector

Resurrectionn
Recruit

Postby phsc » 20 January 2019, 16:59

Resurrectionn wrote: I'm going to wrap up it cuz this is clearly going no where.

Non causae ut causae, and a lovely ignoratio elenchi too.
Resurrectionn wrote:Firstly delusional enough to believe all maps should be disapproved.

When did I say that? you're assuming I said that? what? when, where, how? argumentum ad lapidem.
and why not? you're not refuting the argument, you're just doing appeal to ridicule, that's it, a logical fallacy.
Resurrectionn wrote:Secondly all your replies are long yet have no sense in them.

Maybe you're not the one understanding them, ? and yours are just pure argumentum ad nauseam, repeating and repeating the same thing THAT IS NOT EVEN AN ARGUMENT YET A LOGICAL FALLACY.
Resurrectionn wrote:It's as simple as this. If i was to play a stryde sniper game with you 20 times. which I'm already willing to do. you wouldn't get more than 5 kills in any of them.

Argumentum ad nauseam, ad hominem, I mean, this is not even an argument at all, it's just you assuming shit:
1. You assume this is simple but there are many many other factors into this, I could hack the game and then you wouldn't be able to kill me and then I win, ones internet could go down, or I could lets say, DDOS you, or I could get someone better than me to play for me on my acc, or PB2s servers could go down, or I could just be better than you!
2. Ok, lets repeat a thing because clearly thats how data works right, clearly playing stryde-sniper 20 times won't make me get a little bit better on the map as PB2s skill is inverted logarithm which means that after 20 games I will be way closer to the skillcap than let's say 5 games, while in a normal logarithmic game 5 and 20 are different but not as much, depends on how we are using numbers of course but if to reach the max skillcap it's 100 games, 5-20 in inverted logarithm is way way higher skill than in normal logarithm.
3.You are purely assuming this, as I mentioned in point 1 there are many factors, all you are doing is assuming you are better than me and acting cocky as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, AND EVEN THEN, IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL ARGUMENT.
Resurrectionn wrote:And the reason you would even get that little amount is mainly because the game has random bullet damage

This is also wrong, the game doesn't have random damage, there are many factors that set damage and many factors related to syncing that affect damage, bullet speed, player speed, the part where it hits, and with different syncing because it's a client oriented game it looks random but it is not, you're ignorant, that's it, and even then, if the game didn't have syncing problems I would beat your ass, but this doesn't have anything to do with the argument.
Resurrectionn wrote:Anyway I have entertained yalls stupidity long enough

Ad hominem! why am I stupid? you're not giving arguments you just assume things are obvious.
By the way you're the stupid one, I'm the one who uses logic and rationality and you're the one using logical fallacies.
Resurrectionn wrote:till the day you die stryde sniper more than likely will never be disapproved in this game you don't even play

And? what does this have to do? it's some form of red herring? I mean this doesn't have anything to do with stryde-sniper, and you're also assuming I don't play PB2, what if I have an alt? what if I play as guest?
Resurrectionn wrote:LOL.

http://strangebeautiful.com/other-texts ... bridge.pdf
LMAO.

Actually I will also reply to what you said to Hikarikaze too.
Resurrectionn wrote:I'm not going to spent all spend much time replying this all I'm going to say to you.

Non causae ut causae, and a lovely ignoratio elenchi too, again, what a genius, can't you admit you have no arguments and that you lost and you're just calling people for 1v1s because you have a really crappy ego plus you're probably a failure in real life so you keep trying to make people think you're badass in a crappy 2D flash game?
Resurrectionn wrote:Firstly dont behave like you know anything about how skill works in this game becuase you dont.

You're assuming two things:
1. You know how skill works
2. Hikarikaze doesn't know how skill works
Not only I'd say Hikarikaze is a older player which in theory means that she knows more about the game than you, of course I'm using account creation dates for this, and it doesn't say nothing too I mean I'm using your kind of logic here, assuming shit, in theory shouldn't Hikarikaze know more?
but even then, knowing how skill works? knowledge can be subjective, one can know how physics works and one can make an airplane that flies perfectly without knowing it, and working is also subjective, for some people communism works, for some people anarchocapitalism works, it's SUBJECTIVE, it depends on what we are arguing about for the concept of "work" which in theory is uninterrupted execution which has nothing to do with skill.
Resurrectionn wrote:Firstly if we were to 1v1ing 20 times and if weren't to get 5 in any of them. I don't see how you would in 100 games. And even if you did win in 100 games 99-1 clearly shows their so a good skill gap.

And? what does this say? first of all, IT'S A SINGLE EXAMPLE, there are many many other factors to skill such as ping, syncing, luck, if we take let's say a professional CS GO player and make him play PB2 he probably has a more natural affinity with videogames and would probably get really good faster than Hikarikaze, but even then, you're not getting the argument, all you're doing is a false dilemma, we are not saying PB2 has NO SKILL AT ALL, IT HAS, but it IS REALLY LOW, if you went 1v1 mid agaisn't me in DOTA SF only, I'd beat you like 990 times, and? this says nothing at all! can you please deliciously exquisite pizza sauce think, stop using crappy metaphysical stuff that makes no sense, you're just assuming how things would go and even then, in practice, it says NOTHING.
Resurrectionn wrote:Anyway I'm not going to type hundreds of words to disprove you again, simply becuase all your efforts are in vain becuase we both know nothing in going to happen lol.... If you want to continue crying about how it's low skill gap map in a game you clearly don't play be my guest.

This is not an argument, you're assuming that:
1. You can disprove Hikarikaze, you don't you're just using logical fallacies, all you're saying is nothing.
2. You're assuming that it's in vain.
3. You're assuming Hikarikaze is crying, imo you are the one crying.
4. You're calling someone for a 1v1, it's like, you go at a bar and start arguing with someone but the dude has no arguments so he wants to beat you up in a fistfight because he has the brain of the size of a nut.
Resurrectionn wrote:I'm still waiting for the day someone gives me a valid point.

Burden of proof inversion.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hikarikaze » 21 January 2019, 22:01

Resurrectionn wrote:And the reason you would even get that little amount is mainly because the game has random bullet damage.

This game doesn't have "random" bullet damage. Like phsc said, there's plenty of other variables that affect damage per shot. A major one is simply how hitboxes work in this game. Landing a headshot deals more damage per shot than landing a body shot; this is just a simple game mechanic that rewards headshots by increasing DPS for every precision shot and thus lowering the TTK against an opponent.

If you want to argue that these variables would be the reason I wouldn't be able to reach at least 5 kills in a trial scenario, then I can argue the opposite. If damage is randomized like you say, chances are I can reach more than 5 kills because of that same reason. Probabilities of me dealing more damage randomly can end up in my favor which would be advantageous against you, but this isn't how the game works. Saying I'll lose for this reason is no different than saying you'll lose for the same reason.

Resurrectionn wrote:Firstly dont behave like you know anything about how skill works in this game becuase you dont.

I just explained to you a game mechanic that you yourself misunderstood. Using this argument against me doesn't have weight to the claim you're arguing for, nor does it mean anything in the overall discussion. Again, I'm a mapmaker; I know the basics of what I'm talking about, and that includes how the game operates and the weapon sandbox inside the game.

Resurrectionn wrote:Firstly if we were to 1v1ing 20 times and if weren't to get 5 in any of them. I don't see how you would in 100 games.

There are additional variables besides individual skill that can affect the outcome of all 100 trials, even if they're set up in an ideal format. You don't see this because you think skill is everything when in reality, things happen in the game that are outside of a player's control that can be used as an advantage and disadvantage.

If I were to get at least 5 out of 20, then I'd be able to get 25 out of 100 mathematically speaking, assuming no other variable influences this outcome and this pattern stays constant. This 25% probability is a far cry from the 1% "99-1" outcome you keep visualizing and it would only weaken your point further.

Resurrectionn wrote:Anyway I'm not going to type hundreds of words to disprove you again, simply becuase all your efforts are in vain becuase we both know nothing in going to happen lol

You're running out of words to use so you choose to recycle mine. I told you trying to 1v1 people wouldn't accomplish anything and now here you are agreeing on my tangent.

Resurrectionn wrote:If you want to continue crying about how it's low skill gap map in a game you clearly don't play be my guest. I'm still waiting for the day someone gives me a valid point.

You're the one that seems bothered enough to defend the map without giving a proper defense for it. You can wait forever for a valid point since it seems like you don't want to see the ones given to you; everyone else can move on and simply ignore you in this discussion if you have nothing worth considering.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Fastest » 25 January 2019, 06:44

if you're tl;dr
this thread is mostly forum rat trolls looking for a reaction, stryde sniper will not be unapproved so this whole thread is kinda pointless.
Fastest
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 25 January 2019, 07:08

Fastest wrote:if you're tl;dr
this thread is mostly forum rat trolls looking for a reaction, stryde sniper will not be unapproved so this whole thread is kinda pointless.

Lmao.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hikarikaze » 25 January 2019, 07:42

Nah, stryde-sniper will get unapproved just so a staff rework can be made and get ignored a day later

ZapruderFilm wrote:

Lmao.

One word posting? On my forum?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 25 January 2019, 08:46

ZapruderFilm wrote:

Lmao.

Didn't I warn you about this? We're trying to have a professional forum here for God's sake. And I see that invisible character you put oin your signature to copy and paste when you don't feel like typing the extra few characters. Don't you know that the character limit is there TO PREVENT CHAOS FROM BREAKING OUT ON THE FORUM?!?!?!
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby wreak » 26 January 2019, 21:41

To some extent, x D-realwar was changed after long discussions so for stryde-sniper to be changed is a possibility.

ZapruderFilm wrote:lmao

One word posting?

ZapruderFilm wrote:Didn't I warn you about this? We're trying to have a professional forum here for God's sake. And I see that invisible character you put oin your signature to copy and paste when you don't feel like typing the extra few characters. Don't you know that the character limit is there TO PREVENT CHAOS FROM BREAKING OUT ON THE FORUM?!?!?!

Please stop trolling, it's bad enough that your a moderator.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Kazy » 26 January 2019, 22:33

This sword has two sides:

The first is
Spoiler: Show More
Git gud

Second is
Git kreative

I'd say disapprove it because i personally find it boring and too old.
Sure, stryde-sniper for 2.5 would be a nice oldy map for players who have enjoyed it but meh.
This map is too overrated in this dead game.
Keeping this map or removing it won't change much in activity, but will encourage players to look for new maps.

Obviously it fits all requirements to stay approved but again, meh.

Also, can we stop putting quotes in replies that are as big neptune? Thank you.
- if you read this, you can read.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby Civil_Boss » 30 January 2019, 09:05

wreak wrote:Ontopic: I think having a way to notify users could help with the confusion. If we look at the past, popular maps that were gone or ruined will not really decrease the amount of pb2 users. Remakes are often made to replace these popular maps.

707-swords (multiple remakes of this map)
luls-base (Newer base maps took over once luls lost his base map)
707-school (players just went back to playing excl-school more)
ph3x-base (people didn't like the newer version, there is a old version of the map)

Okay, these maps that were either replaced or remade weren't approved maps.

Stryde-sniper will still exist after its disapproval, (I think) but people prefer to play it on ranked/approved.

Like, look at sfryde-sniper, it got 997 plays, yes, I know, 997 plays is quite a lot, but compare that to 12 000 plays.
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 January 2019, 10:30

Civil_Boss wrote:Okay, these maps that were either replaced or remade weren't approved maps.

The maps being approved doesn't have anything to do with his point, otherwise he would've listed remakes of currently approved maps instead of popular custom maps. The point is that a remake will still keep players in the game simply by existing if the original is gone or changed to an unwanted state. This applies to any popular map or thing in general.

Civil_Boss wrote:Like, look at sfryde-sniper, it got 997 plays, yes, I know, 997 plays is quite a lot, but compare that to 12 000 plays.

sfryde-sniper has low plays because there's no need to play on it. stryde-sniper is still approved so there's no point in moving to a remake when the original is still around and accessible to everyone
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 30 January 2019, 11:30

Hikarikaze wrote:
Civil_Boss wrote:Okay, these maps that were either replaced or remade weren't approved maps.

The maps being approved doesn't have anything to do with his point, otherwise he would've listed remakes of currently approved maps instead of popular custom maps. The point is that a remake will still keep players in the game simply by existing if the original is gone or changed to an unwanted state. This applies to any popular map or thing in general.

Civil_Boss wrote:Like, look at sfryde-sniper, it got 997 plays, yes, I know, 997 plays is quite a lot, but compare that to 12 000 plays.

sfryde-sniper has low plays because there's no need to play on it. stryde-sniper is still approved so there's no point in moving to a remake when the original is still around and accessible to everyone

The game itself is dead that's why there is no daily plays of stryde-sniper , also why are you tryng to disapprove a very good map ?
Instead of supporting succesful maps , people just want to disparove it
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby IceRGodZ » 30 January 2019, 16:31

here is a gift. this gift, is wrapped, you will never open the box. translation: You can't touch this invinsible map:

IceRGodZ
Recruit

Postby Tempus » 30 January 2019, 17:21

Greetings,

Lets sit down and talk about stryde-sniper,

• Map ID: stryde-sniper

• Votes: 4 621
- 4.37/5 ( 4,621 Votes )

• Multiplayer matches started: 12 596 (since 12 June 2017)

Side note:: This map has no timers, no triggers, nothing. Its built as simple as a few guns, walls and players thrown into a map to battle in a simple Team v Team standoff.

Just from that information you see its a Popular & Successful map. A lot of people like it & play it. It does test your metal -- its a very simple construed map.

I believe that what most players are saying about this map and why Its been requested to be un-approved so many times, has a simple answer. Tired of playing stryde-sniper, feels like it does not leave room for other maps & attention -- players want something different, something new. (Understandable)

However, we can discuss this in another post, but for now regarding the Removal Request. It's been denied.

If you feel my decision isn't correct or have your thoughts you would like to share with me, send me a message toTempus

Thank you for reading, this topic will be locked.
Tempus
Advisor

Previous

Return to Removal Requests Archive