[Approval Removal] roxxar-gaia

[Approval Removal] roxxar-gaia

Postby Ty Q » 17 April 2018, 19:10

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: Yes
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: Yes
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: Yes

[B]
- Map Name: [MP] Gaia
- Map ID: roxxar-gaia
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&id=439349
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=roxxar-gaia

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: Unbalanced, unfair
- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:

red team is given an extremely unbalanced height advantage, they can rain shots and rails down onto the blue team if they choose to go above ground

[image too large for pb2 forum]

god forbid red team has more than one player, allowing them to cut off this passageway with spam:

and this teleport is for what? to flank?

first of all, there's an invisible pusher that forces you to go through there, and second the pusher is excessively powerful, causing you to become a ragdoll

yeah good luck flanking with that teleporter. everyone knows you'll be coming through there
they'll be ready to spam (or already spamming) to that one location

this is literally a fight for the base map where one team already owns the base and the other team has no way to gain control of it

- Any other comments: maps should be tested before being approved

im srry rox ily

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [Approval Removal] roxxar-gaia

Postby fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 » 17 April 2018, 19:23

I agree with tburn.Its almost impossible to kill the camper/campers on the red team.The teleporter is useless and if u climb the mountain u gonna get shot and die.Completly unbalanced and unfair
#Removegaia

fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2
Recruit

Postby Art_ » 17 April 2018, 19:28

I also agree with tburn. People are using the fact that the map is approved to obtain ppp unfairly by making the map in coop and camping/spamming in the advabtaged team. Thats so eww

Art_

Postby clown killer » 17 April 2018, 21:00

I totally agree with Tburn, red team has an advantage that whether you're blue that it is impossible to kill the red team, totally unfair and unbalanced map. Ppl who are on red team gain ppp on an unfair way.
clown killer
Recruit

Postby cheesecheetos » 17 April 2018, 21:11

Its a good map in my opinion. Un-approval isn't needed. Make the Blue Team base higher?

cheesecheetos
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 » 17 April 2018, 21:20

cheesecheetos wrote:Its a good map in my opinion. Un-approval isn't needed. Make the Blue Team base higher?

Even if it gets a bit higher red team still has an advantage vs them.Flank option isnt working either.1 of them can camp at top of red base and still count their attack.

Recruit

Postby cheesecheetos » 17 April 2018, 21:38

fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 wrote:
cheesecheetos wrote:Its a good map in my opinion. Un-approval isn't needed. Make the Blue Team base higher?

Even if it gets a bit higher red team still has an advantage vs them.Flank option isnt working either.1 of them can camp at top of red base and still count their attack.

This map can take a huge update. Both of the bases should be leveled out the same , with flanking teleports.

cheesecheetos
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Danny The Legend » 17 April 2018, 22:54

I don't see why this map should be un-approved. I do see that Roxxar-gaia need's to be updated.

-Leveled out bases

-More flanking spots & Teleporters.

Danny The Legend

Postby Rakasaac » 17 April 2018, 23:32

It's called getting better at the game. Shouldn't be unapproved.
gaia is a good map

Rakasaac

Postby sponge18 » 18 April 2018, 03:13

Teleports wont be enough.....plus it should have been changed a long time ago or been unapproved.....and even if he does update the map it will still be the type of map to be camped on for the useless system that should get removed aswell for the games sake XD.

sponge18
Recruit

Postby fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 » 18 April 2018, 14:05

cheesecheetos wrote:
fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 wrote:

This map can take a huge update. Both of the bases should be leveled out the same , with flanking teleports.

I agree with this option

Recruit

Postby Ty Q » 22 April 2018, 00:56

Rakasaac wrote:It's called getting better at the game. Shouldn't be unapproved.
gaia is a good map

assume blue team players have equal skill to those of red team players

> blue team camps at base
> red team moves to engage
> fair fight
> any team wins

assume blue team players have equal skill to those of red team players

> red team camps at base
> blue team moves to engage
> blue team must fight an uphill battle on all fronts
> red team wins

if one team is required to be better at the game than the other team for the map to be fair in coop mode then the map isnt balanced and should be unapproved

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby BLAST3R » 11 May 2018, 22:43

I don't think the map should be unapproved. High elevation means nothing if the blue team does not try to attack the red teams base. The defenders always have a easier job at defending, knowing that, the blue team can also sit in their "base" and wait for the red team.
I really think that the teams should swap after every round in COOP but until that we don't have a proper way to play competitively, more of a ranking flaw if you think about it.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lee06400 » 12 May 2018, 13:58

This map is the epitome of what a competitive map should be, requires a lot of skills and has a flawless design.
[Insert a generic pseudo-philosophical quote here]
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 10 June 2018, 19:21

Map needs either an update from the creator or a rework. Many issues from backgrounds to lighting, but layout doesn't seem to be too problematic, though it could certainly be improved. Levelling the bases will remove the entire purpose of the map, maybe turning the left hand "base" into a 3 or 4 floor tower might help, along with adding a method to flank (teleporters?).
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Removal Requests Archive