[Removal Request] gz55-mp1

[Removal Request] gz55-mp1

Postby Silent Aurora » 30 November 2017, 03:21

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES/NO
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES/NO
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES/NO

- Map Name: All Arms Arena v1.6.2
- Map ID: gz55-mp1
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=gz55-mp1&id=832161
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=gz55-mp1

[C]
- In a few words, why do you think this map should not be approved?: Water ladder, glitches

- In detail, why should the map not be approved?:

Map consists of two area's where there are floating water. If I remember correctly, that's violating the map approval guide as it states not to use floating water as a ladder or some sort. Those two areas are exactly what it does for the users.

Furthermore this was enforced when Eric said that one of my maps had a similar water design and didn't approve it due to that exact reason:

[b]Glitch 1

https://i.imgur.com/LNE29Ey.png

When users are going through the water ladder, they can easily glitch through these thin walls which results in death. This may cause issues for ranked matches as suicides takes away ppp and that would cause frustration to the player as it was more of the map makers fault for poor designing rather than theirs.

Glitch 2

https://i.imgur.com/AqqWxEC.png

Only walked through and then the door snapped, resulting in the body-break.

- Any other comments: Maps should honestly be tested first before approval..
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Re: [Removal Request] gz55-mp1

Postby GZ55 » 3 December 2017, 18:45

For every point you have made against this map being approved:

1) Floating water. This was intended as a design element which would add variety due to its position (and its various entry points), but I had overlooked the fact that even using the red "death ray" decoration to suspend the water wasn't allowed. Also because lag enables people to camp in the water regions due to synchronization issues getting worse and movement being made easier, especially on LOW physics quality, Silent Aurora presents a valid point.

2) Glitch #1, thin wall penetration. This very issue was actually tackled in v1.5 of the map with the help of invisible movables. While testing, I had noticed a near-total decrease in body breaking due to wall penetration. (I say "near" because I've hit the thin walls with my body parallel to them only about 100-200 times. The glitch hadn't occurred once.) I don't see why this issue never arises in my testing. This point I therefore consider invalid.

3) Glitch #2, door malfunction. I've never encountered such a problem, and I didn't even count how many times I've walked through the door either way, or even how many times I activated it while someone attempted to camp in it. How the body break occurred eludes me. (I should note that the doors aren't entirely fool-proof, and self-boosting from the inside or outside has a small chance of causing what just happened. Simply walking through shouldn't do this, though.) I'm not sure what to think of this point.

Maybe others had a different experience than me, and some factors caused gz55-mp1 to be more glitchy. I would only remove this map's approval status due to the water regions being overpowered and misplaced. Let's see what other people think.

(Edited due to being accidentally sent mid-writing.)

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [Removal Request] gz55-mp1

Postby GZ55 » 13 December 2017, 02:53

Necro post: I will permanently remove gz55-mp1's approval status and I do not intend to modify it significantly so as to make it approval-friendly. The issues that had arisen due to the water regions' function (both the body breaking glitch and the possibility to camp) make the map inappropriate for Ranked and a general approval status. I will only fix the body breaking bug in order to minimize frustration in Custom play.

End topic.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Removal Requests Archive