[REMOVAL REQUEST] stryde-sniper

Approved Map Removal Requests

Re: [REMOVAL REQUEST] stryde-sniper

Postby Ty Q » 6 December 2017, 18:45

Krutz wrote:if anything were standardized here, it wouldnt be that stryde-sniper would get unapproved and others reapproved lol... i can literally find so many maps that violate the lemars that itll fill this forum to pages, which is the point i wanted to get across in the beginning

the lemars shouldnt even be looked at, theyre so bad

If you feel this way, then why didn't you push your idea further? Starting with a clean slate and getting a new approved maps list with maps that actually fit the approval requirements wouldn't hurt anybody.

But when the requirements are applied to some maps and not others, that's when conflict arises.

Stryde wrote:There is a precedent, however, its drastically different for popular maps, like EGRW.
It was (albeit jokingly) requested for unapproval, and it is still approved. If anyone thinks Stryde-sniper is less popular than EGRW, I mean, literally look at map votes and times hosted, the two ways to tell if a map is truly popular.

It seems popular maps don't need to follow the requirements because, I guess, their popular? If people are willing to play it and keep playing it over the course of months to years, such as Eric Gurt-railwars1, Stryde-sniper, X death-realwar, then there's some exception for these maps, coming from the developer of the game himself.
Fair? debatable
Happens? yes

There has never been consistency with anything in this game, especially with how maps get approved. Trying to apply requirements that were never followed in the first place to current approved maps will obviously cause conflict, because as Krutz has said, there's about 200 approved maps that violate some stupid requirement that no one ever knew about in the first place, including Eric.

It's foolish to compare stryde-sniper and eric gurt-railwars1. One of the map creators is the developer of the game. The other is not. Seeing as Eric went through the effort of making the game and the level editor itself, his maps shouldn't be expected to fit the map approval requirements.

Stryde wrote:Trying to apply requirements that were never followed in the first place to current approved maps will obviously cause conflict

Going by these words, you wanted to cause conflict by applying the "never-followed" requirements to already approved maps in your 8 map approval removal threads...

Ty Q

Re: [REMOVAL REQUEST] stryde-sniper

Postby Max teabag » 7 December 2017, 03:03

Ty Q wrote: Seeing as Eric went through the effort of making the game and the level editor itself, his maps shouldn't be expected to fit the map approval requirements.

You write as if you have misunderstood the whole point of approved maps. They are not to pet the map creator's ego, but to serve to make the game better for everyone. You severely underestimate Eric as a developer if you think otherwise. Just look at his past actions.

I've thought more about what Bob has said, and I've argued with a couple people. This is the sum of all the arguments for and against keeping it approved.

For: Listen to the players, It's popular, so keep it approved.
Against: It's only popular because it provides for fast, cheap, kills. People don't actually like the map, they just feel a little forced to choose a map that will provide faster kills.
For: Among other maps, Eric gurt-railwars1 is even smaller and is even easier to make kills. Stryde-Sniper is more popular because It's more fun and demands higher skill, as they've mastered the map.
Against: The enjoyability and mastery of the map is a byproduct of that it was popular due to small size and fast kills.
For: Any other small map had the same opportunity. The fact that EGRW was primarily played in COOP instead of DM, proves that players prefer having fun instead than preferring chaotic cheap kills.
Against: The game will be more enjoyable to everyone if we only approve bigger maps.
For: By starting with this map, by the same logic, we will go on a witch-hunt for the current map that always provides the cheapest kills, hence, we will end up with only gigantic approved maps.

What I find so interesting about the discussion about the map is that it has it's parallels to real-world politics regarding the debate of free-market vs government control. lol.
Max Teabag
Max teabag

Previous

Return to Approved Map Removal Requests