[CANCELLED] Pixelbyte-Grifle

[CANCELLED] Pixelbyte-Grifle

Postby Pixelbyte » 11 August 2018, 21:52

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Grifle (short for Gaussrifle)
- Map ID: pixelbyte-grifle
- Link to Map Page:
- Link to Map Demo:

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Its a small map featuring the CS-Gaussrifle (by darkstar1) experimenting with some cosmetic commands that do not give an advantage and new decors.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It doesn't DESERVE to be approved, but I think it is different from other approved maps, based on a new gun, using some new decors, and a gradient background, I think it would be nice to see approved, but it doesn't deserve it. No map deserves approval.
- Any other comments: The guns are slightly modified in a mostly non-noticeable way (Recoil is lowered and accuracy degrees is set to 0) There are commands that are only change the sky, enables or disables anon and frag messages, and changes blood color to pink. There are no hidden commands and map source will remain open for everyone to see. Respawn is quick and Regeneration is slower, but the delay is also lowered. There is a interactive decor in the map that changes slightly after taking damage. Selfboosting is multiplied by 2, and impact damage is divided by 2. The map also greets you via TTS.

Also, gameplay isn't symmetrical but is fair.

^ click image for full res picture
Last edited by Pixelbyte on 4 September 2018, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Pixelbyte-Grifle

Postby ConcentrationCz » 12 August 2018, 03:55

Remove the tts and the explosion in the decor.

Walls like this are ugly should be better off like this http://prntscr.com/khkoqt
ConcentrationCz
Recruit

Postby Pixelbyte » 12 August 2018, 05:04

the tts isn't like disallowed and the explosion doesn't do any damage at all, if more people suggest both then i might do it but i don't see it as that big of a deal. the walls are like that so you can shoot through some parts and so its less boring to look at

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pixelbyte » 3 September 2018, 00:48

bump‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫‫

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pixelbyte » 4 September 2018, 00:09

- The TTS is unecessary.
= it is but it isn't disallowed by the ranking criteria and i'd like it to be a map with it
- Making players visit the map page to know the modifiers is a bother, albeit minor, and the hint is too fast.
= ill change it and re-post the topic
- Why is an IED cover?
= ill change it and re-post the topic i wanted it to be there to be more interesting
- Someone could get stuck under that crate, or if it gets out, it would be desync cover.
= already tried fixing that issue by embedding it deeper and deeper into the ground, ill make it virtually impossible to take it out now i guess
- The top of the map is a sprayfest.
= so is stryde sniper but thats still approved

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Approval Request Archive