[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-crypt

[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-crypt

Postby phsc » 5 July 2018, 22:37

deliciously exquisite pizza sauce this
blablablalbaldwadwadwadawdaw
Last edited by phsc on 7 July 2018, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-crypt

Postby lostmydollar » 6 July 2018, 16:15

It looks so bad. Delete it

Nice map description tho. Made me laugh
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 6 July 2018, 16:28

lostmydollar wrote:It looks so bad. Delete it

Nice map description tho. Made me laugh

i dont know if that is sarcasm or not, but i really like the amount of arguments you put here, really made me understand why it looks bad, and why i shoul delete it, but you know, please go back to talking about north korea in the forums of a dead 2d flash game please
also id like an example of a great map, i mean, youre probably a living legend just like mlg cool dominik eru and victorxswatproxidontrememberhisname, so your opinion must be valorized more than mine
and if youre trolling, learn how to, this isnt funny, pleb
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wreak » 6 July 2018, 17:48

Nice little map, I would add a bit more covers to make it less sprayable. I rated 5 btw.

also why is it so dark?
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby phsc » 6 July 2018, 18:44

wreak wrote:Nice little map, I would add a bit more covers to make it less sprayable. I rated 5 btw.

also why is it so dark?

its supposed to be dark, mostly for decoration, i feel like it changes the atmosphere of the map, i mean, it actually does change how you play, just get some random approved map and invert its color and play a mp match and see by yourself, its kinda a weird effect, changes how you plan your moves, but i like it as it is rn
also spam wasnt much of a problem during all the time i played it, i might be wrong, if someone else thinks it is i might add a little more
anyway thanks for the actual feedback
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby lostmydollar » 6 July 2018, 21:29

Dark, symmetrical, sprayable. Three strikes. You're out. Did i really have to name these obvious flaws of your map? No seriously it is so damn obvious. Are you blind or something? Its your map and you cant see those? What the heck

I dont understand why you and some other "map developers" think that dark environment is cool. Its not cool when you cant see shit.

P.S. you will eat dirt when i get a free time to finish my map(in 1-2 weeks when i get back home). Also game is not dead. The presence of you and your topic here proves it.
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 6 July 2018, 21:57

lostmydollar wrote:Dark, symmetrical, sprayable. Three strikes. You're out. Did i really have to name these obvious flaws of your map? No seriously it is so damn obvious. Are you blind or something? Its your map and you cant see those? What the heck

I dont understand why you and some other "map developers" think that dark environment is cool. Its not cool when you cant see shit.

P.S. you and all "pro map experts" here will eat dirt when i get a free time to finish my map(in 1-2 weeks when i get back home). Also game is not dead. The presence of you and your topic here proves it.

some times i think im edgy but dude, holy shit, thats a next level
you probably didnt even play the map, so ill ignore ur opinion as youre a god clearly
also i really want to eat dirt! hit me with strenght baby
i like how ur like "im better than everyone else" when u clearly are not, but ok
so its symmetrical, thats actually good, its the only really fair kind of map possible, but according to u, the living legend, its not right
its sprayable, its arena, hmmm, let me tell u a thing, anyway im going to change that cuz it looks like ppl here didnt play any arena map back in 2012-13 cuz they were not sprayable at all, i feel like this is the reason ppl dont play arena anymore, most ppl played it id say cuz it was rly abusable and u could get a ton of kills fast, but now everybody only plays railwars and snipers so we need more maps nobody is going to play
but the saddest part is the darkness, i mean, it looks like u just cant accept maps that look a little bit different from the campaign design trash, i remember i said that mrnat's coi looks like trash or msth like that, can u please accept that pb2 maps dont need to look like the ones in the campaign?
while were at it that map is also sprayable and its a map that people play, interesting right, ofc not as much as mine, also get glasses please, i like how u called me blind but theres no prob seeing in that map, its flaws arent flaws, maybe the spraying but it was kinda intentional
and pb2 is dead, its not a mentality or smth, it has id say maybe at most 1200 players a day, from teh 1300000 accounts
now please waste ur time finishting that map, that nobody is going to play to make me and the "pro mapmakers" get REKT, please, its going to be funny
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby lostmydollar » 6 July 2018, 22:49

Im not edgy. Im just able to distinguish golden nugget from a gold plated rock. Im actually better than anyone else here in design related questions. Just because i switched account and stopped making fancy maps doesnt mean im not the one you should listen to. I once started the era of background-oriented map making. People like Reject or Terabrion(if you know them) appeared in pb2 thanks to me. Well yea it sounds edgy but idc. Im speaking from my heart, being honest and saying things straight

Im trying to help you know. Im not posting "offensive" replies in approval requests because i want to offend you or anyone else. You just see it this way.

So basically your counterargumentation is this:
Its dark - you're a xenophobe
Its symmetrical - yes because symmetry is the best
Its sprayable - sprayable maps were popular in 2012

This^ and a big amount of sarcasm totally makes you right, right?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby wreak » 6 July 2018, 23:07

lostmydollar wrote:Im not edgy. Im just able to distinguish golden nugget from a gold plated rock. Im actually better than anyone else here in design related questions. Just because i switched account and stopped making fancy maps doesnt mean im not the one you should listen to. I once started the era of background-oriented map making. People like Reject or Terabrion(if you know them) appeared in pb2 thanks to me. Well yea it sounds edgy but idc. Im speaking from my heart, being honest and saying things straight

Im trying to help you know. Im not posting "offensive" replies in approval requests because i want to offend you or anyone else. You just see it this way.

So basically your counterargumentation is this:
Its dark - you're a xenophobe
Its symmetrical - yes because symmetry is the best
Its sprayable - sprayable maps were popular in 2012

This^ and a big amount of sarcasm totally makes you right, right?

Im just curious, what was your old account? Since you said you are the reason reject appeared into pb2. I'm not worried about Terabrion considering some of his approved maps were super basic/maps that look like other approved maps.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Dandamage » 6 July 2018, 23:10

If this makes you feel better, I think lostmydollar's opinion is poorly explained. The map concept is interesting, if a bit over used, the execution of it feels poor, in my opinion. The areas can be dark like you suggested but not way too dark that it makes you adjust the brightness of your screen so you have an edge over your opponents. Sprayable areas are fine as long as the entire map isn't like that. While I played the map spraying was not an issue very often, so there's that.

Sprayable maps are a thing and will always be a thing (we should avoid them but a few of them now and then is fine). I'm not a fan of this and I stay really far from this type of map, but we have to look at it from a bigger perspective. While we can't be completely unbiased from our own preferences, we must do our best to consider the map for the community as a whole.

There is literally no problem with symetrical maps.

If this topic doesn't stay focused on the map itself, pointing out good reasons why something doesn't work and what to do to fix them, and stays on the subject of low key thinking superior of each other (that goes mainly for you, lostmydollar) then I will start removing posts and distributing warnings.

I rated the map three stars. If the execution was better, I would raise it to four or even five.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ditzy » 6 July 2018, 23:26

lostmydollar wrote:Dark, symmetrical, sprayable. Three strikes. You're out.

Lol I guess I should take Uprising down then.

Genuinely curious, what makes a symmetrical map so bad gameplay-wise and design-wise?

----
Re: phsc-crypt

I agree with what Dandamage has said about the lighting. Parts of the map are very dark and it's hard to distinguish between the dark grey backgrounds and the wall.
Spoiler: Show More

Maybe you could add lamps/torches to each pillar to provide more lighting?

I don't have much else to say about the map at the moment as I've only played it once and judging the map solely by its preview isn't the best thing I can do.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby phsc » 7 July 2018, 00:07

deliciously exquisite pizza sauce it
i need to type more because of the character limit
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Approval Request Archive