[CANCELLED] raevani-star Update 1

[CANCELLED] raevani-star Update 1

Postby raevani » 12 January 2018, 21:06

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: .:$t@r~D3f3nd3r$:.
- Map ID: raevani-star
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=raevani-star
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=raevani-star

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map:
This map is based off of the new texture, guns and skin added to PB2 in a recent update. it is a 4vs4 styled map, along with acid located at the bottom middle of the map also in each spawn base to the back.

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved:
I think this map should be approved because of 2 reasons:
. This will add a new content to approved maps allowing for more diverse selection of maps.
. I have not seen a map like this in approved (tho the update is new) and it would be best if these new features and content could be in approved.

- Any other comments: Made changes to pusher. If any more problems arise just let me know thank you!
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 1 June 2018, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic locked under request of the topic owner.
raevani
Recruit

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] raevani-star Update 1

Postby Stryde » 13 January 2018, 15:48

I dont understand the reasoning of needing to close your other topic, fix one change, and create a new topic saying "updated" when these multiple topics spam the section for approval requests, and there's still other issues with this map that were blindly ignored in the previous post

Lasers do not kill on top of map, I can still see through sides of map, you need to push the backgrounds all of the way to the edge of the wall to prevent the easily noticeable glowing effect

Gravitators barely lift up to next platforms

Stryde

Postby raevani » 13 January 2018, 16:01

the lasers on the map indicate that there is a pusher there, it's not to kill you. (I have now removed said laser)
about the glowing effect I will take a look into it.
I will try if fix map to the best of my ability!
Last edited by raevani on 13 January 2018, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
raevani
Recruit

Postby Stryde » 13 January 2018, 16:04

raevani wrote:the lasers on the map indicate that there is a pusher there, it's not to kill you.
about the glowing effect I will take a look into it.

Just have it be similar to Eric Gurt-railwars1 then
A pusher with -1/1 value and 100 stability damage, not one pusher with -1/1 value and then a second pusher with -5/5 value and a laser to protect

Stryde

Postby raevani » 14 January 2018, 03:13

Any more comments? also i have made slight suggested changes i will post an updated topic after making sure there is no other problems.
N.B
the lighting glitch problem was not fixed because i tried to but nothing i tried work!
raevani
Recruit

Re:

Postby BLAST3R » 14 January 2018, 13:05

raevani wrote:Any more comments? also i have made slight suggested changes i will post an updated topic after making sure there is no other problems.
N.B
the lighting glitch problem was not fixed because i tried to but nothing i tried work!

I would suggest not showing the sky and ground by extending the distances by the sides and the bottom, i think that would make the map look better and fix the lighting issue possibly.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby gani » 14 January 2018, 16:38

but what do you think about my map that i publish before? can it get approved status?

2000-2018
gani
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Stryde » 14 January 2018, 17:12

gani wrote:but what do you think about my map that i publish before? can it get approved status?

get out of here, this isnt your topic or your map

BLAST3R wrote:
raevani wrote:Any more comments? also i have made slight suggested changes i will post an updated topic after making sure there is no other problems.
N.B

I would suggest not showing the sky and ground by extending the distances by the sides and the bottom, i think that would make the map look better and fix the lighting issue possibly.

it already is, unless you commented this before he fixed it?

Also, invisible doors can be overlapped better in some places

Stryde

Postby raevani » 14 January 2018, 17:30

BLAST3R wrote:
N.B

That was fixed already.

Stryde wrote:
gani wrote:but what do you think about my map that i publish before? can it get approved status?

get out of here, this isnt your topic or your map

BLAST3R wrote:
N.B

it already is, unless you commented this before he fixed it?

Also, invisible doors can be overlapped better in some places

Over lapping done, thanks because i did not even notice that!

Anymore comments before i close this and make and updated topic?
raevani
Recruit

Postby Stryde » 15 January 2018, 00:29

raevani wrote:Anymore comments before i close this and make and updated topic?

Yeah, dont make a damn update topic. Just make a post in here saying you updated the map

Stryde

Postby raevani » 15 January 2018, 02:49

Stryde wrote:
raevani wrote:Anymore comments before i close this and make and updated topic?

Yeah, dont make a damn update topic. Just make a post in here saying you updated the map

sounds good!

so map update:
.Extended walls out to side
.connected blocks better
.laser removed and pusher updated

not fixed:
.lighting glitch/bug
raevani
Recruit

Postby BLAST3R » 15 January 2018, 07:05

I think what might be causing the lighting bug is that you have not extended the background all the way, causing the walls that are covered in background appearing darker.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby raevani » 15 January 2018, 20:07

BLAST3R wrote:I think what might be causing the lighting bug is that you have not extended the background all the way, causing the walls that are covered in background appearing darker.

Am pretty sure that's not the problem.
raevani
Recruit

Postby Dandamage » 20 January 2018, 04:18

Only make a new topic if the update you make is major. If the update is minor then just make a post explaining the changes and why you thought it would be better updated.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby raevani » 20 January 2018, 04:20

Dandamage wrote:Only make a new topic if the update you make is major. If the update is minor then just make a post explaining the changes and why you thought it would be better updated.

Did that already! So far i have fixed all i can, based on bugs and glitches I and others have found.
raevani
Recruit

Return to Approval Request Archive