[APPROVAL REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

[APPROVAL REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 30 December 2017, 18:21

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Colony
- Map ID: buzzard 1-fightforthebase
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=buzza ... &id=534405
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=buzzar ... forthebase

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Two color divided teams are on the verge for dominance for all areas of the territory they both establish in? The Objective in this match is to kill enemy forces and lock down or take over their bases and hold out and maintain both as long as possible. (Forever)

This is based off Aslang-fightforthebase except it has two bases. A Red Team base, and a Blue Team base.

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: We need more fightforthebase maps honestly and i'm a fan of those maps, theres finally 2 symetrical bases.
- Any other comments: No.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

Postby jonb7 » 1 January 2018, 03:32

This has always been the best version of fight for the base maps, though some of the jumps are a bit high without swords. Otherwise, it's a great map.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby bob67909 » 1 January 2018, 03:38

I think it's about time PB2 made a return to big, sprawling fftb maps. There's a great mix of old and new elements here, I love the big bases with operational doors(!) and the trenches with all sorts of free guns. This could be great for both COOP and TDM games, which haven't been represented nearly enough in PB2 for a while now. Might need some light edits later on, but +1 from me, bring back 2011

edit: map has been edited, eric pls approve now
Last edited by bob67909 on 1 January 2018, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

bob67909
Recruit

Postby AI Robot » 1 January 2018, 04:05

One of the best FTTB maps I have seeen, thanks for adding in portnades so you can take out the people who camp in the bases.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Buzzard 1 » 1 January 2018, 04:40

Ah, I see someone wants my map approved. Appreciate your support. Just to let you know I made some minor changes to the map. They are nothing major, just some removal and additions to further improve it.

-Reduced weapon count

-Added a mini lift near for players to climb to the top without using swords

Added a bit of cover in the lower parts of the map.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 18 January 2018, 01:03

Removed approval, map might need some more changes. More here: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=20815
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Buzzard 1 » 18 January 2018, 10:24

Eric Gurt wrote:Removed approval, map might need some more changes. More here: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewt ... 68&t=20815

I was gonna make a map edit request following the issue that was reported regarding players being somehow able to climb up to the pillars. I thought the pushers that was actually already set to deter players from trying to camp on this spot but apparently, I did not made add any paramters to it, the problem for that is solved.

As for the non-returning door issue. I don't believe it is the map's fault but rather the game itself's fault, this has been a bug for a very long time. While the bug itself cannot be resolved. I've already relocated the doors to keep them closed at default when someone enters a match, it is the a viable way to "solve" this issue, but not the best way to prevent it from being exploited.

In addition to these changes, I've also made other small changes such as reducing the sniper rifle and heavy railgun count to simply one, one for each base and reducing weapon count for rocket and bloom gun
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 18 January 2018, 13:59

Wish you added BNG as weapon like aslang

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Stryde » 18 January 2018, 15:34

You did not fix the bug. Yes, it's a game issue, not a map issue. This is why the map should remain unapproved.

If I join the match, the doors are closed. I open blue base door. An opponent joins 2 minutes later, and all doors are shut. Now I can be exposed to this glitch and my opponent can abuse the bug. You simply just reversed the effect of the unfixable bug. Like I said, this happens with every door on the map, even those doors you call windows.

What you effectively did by closing all of the doors on default is make the map more restricted in basic movements for anyone who initially joins in TDM/DM. The amount of health you give players in the map isn't even traditional. Why is it at 180 HP instead of 150 HP or 200 HP? Seems like a weird number to have for health

Fight for the base maps (1 big base and 1 small base next to it) are terrible design. Aslang-fightforthebase has the same issues outlined below, and should also be unapproved because of them:

- Once you enter the red square and both bases and the doors to each base are closed, you are stuck unless you selfboost out of them. You shouldn't assume everyone knows how to selfboost in MP, and if you add a mini-lift for this issue, it's just another similarity between this and aslang-fftb.
- There is no easy way to enter either base from the top unless you actually know how to selfboost, and can even selfboost that distance. You shouldn't assume everyone knows how to selfboost in MP.
- Your changes to fix the sprayability of the smaller bases did nothing to prevent rayguns, sniper rifles, alien shotguns, or C-01p pistols from being spammed through them. The door for the small base on the red side is 5 pixels, while on the blue side, is 4 pixels.
- You can spray/spam weapons down from top of map, and you give them a minigun to help with this.
- One straight line of firing at the bottom of the map also hurts the map design.

- Another straight line of firing at the middle of the map also hurts the map design. Yeah there's some cover, but if your opponent is spraying, you're pinned.

- The map doesn't seem that far off from aslangs. In other words, its lacking originality, in the basic sense. 1 small base, 1 big base, spawn platform (you used as middle part of your map, but used as spawns in aslang-fftb), middle area between bases, top of big base, underground connecting base to base.

Stryde

Postby bob67909 » 18 January 2018, 23:24

Stryde wrote:You did not fix the bug. Yes, it's a game issue, not a map issue. This is why the map should remain unapproved.

If I join the match, the doors are closed. I open blue base door. An opponent joins 2 minutes later, and all doors are shut. Now I can be exposed to this glitch and my opponent can abuse the bug. You simply just reversed the effect of the unfixable bug. Like I said, this happens with every door on the map, even those doors you call windows.

What you effectively did by closing all of the doors on default is make the map more restricted in basic movements for anyone who initially joins in TDM/DM. The amount of health you give players in the map isn't even traditional. Why is it at 180 HP instead of 150 HP or 200 HP? Seems like a weird number to have for health

Fight for the base maps (1 big base and 1 small base next to it) are terrible design. Aslang-fightforthebase has the same issues outlined below, and should also be unapproved because of them:

- Once you enter the red square and both bases and the doors to each base are closed, you are stuck unless you selfboost out of them. You shouldn't assume everyone knows how to selfboost in MP, and if you add a mini-lift for this issue, it's just another similarity between this and aslang-fftb.
- There is no easy way to enter either base from the top unless you actually know how to selfboost, and can even selfboost that distance. You shouldn't assume everyone knows how to selfboost in MP.
- Your changes to fix the sprayability of the smaller bases did nothing to prevent rayguns, sniper rifles, alien shotguns, or C-01p pistols from being spammed through them. The door for the small base on the red side is 5 pixels, while on the blue side, is 4 pixels.
- You can spray/spam weapons down from top of map, and you give them a minigun to help with this.
- One straight line of firing at the bottom of the map also hurts the map design.

- Another straight line of firing at the middle of the map also hurts the map design. Yeah there's some cover, but if your opponent is spraying, you're pinned.

- The map doesn't seem that far off from aslangs. In other words, its lacking originality, in the basic sense. 1 small base, 1 big base, spawn platform (you used as middle part of your map, but used as spawns in aslang-fftb), middle area between bases, top of big base, underground connecting base to base.

Oh please, if you want to nitpick like this let's just unapprove Stryde-sniper and get it done with.

bob67909
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 19 January 2018, 01:00

Bob, relax

This is a topic where people can receive constructive criticism. Throwing personal attacks doesn't help the map makers nor adds on to the feedback. Stryde-sniper isn't even relevant to this anyways. If you wish to discuss this with me, you can PM me on the forums.

Thank you.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby tburn » 19 January 2018, 02:57

Silent Aurora wrote:Bob, relax

This is a topic where people can receive constructive criticism. Throwing personal attacks doesn't help the map makers nor adds on to the feedback. Stryde-sniper isn't even relevant to this anyways. If you wish to discuss this with me, you can PM me on the forums.

Thank you.

Agreed.

As for the doors, removing all of them would solve the synchronization problem.
As for the spray, change the map design. The current design will pose an issue, considering the map allows for 16 players, any of which can choose to spam across the map, killing whoever falls into their lane of fire.
tburn
Recruit

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 31 May 2018, 14:16

I still wish to have this map approved at this time, and I believe it is appropriate for approval.

mods with approval tools or admins can just do edits from what the users mentioned the small flaws with the map

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby DoomWrath » 1 July 2018, 09:55

Topic locked as edit request exists for this map. I also believe this specific map has a good concept, but lacks in execution. If the map needs significant edits to become approvable, then it is not ready for an approval request.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Approval Request Archive