[APPROVAL REQUEST] lonewolf56-towers

[APPROVAL REQUEST] lonewolf56-towers

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 6 November 2017, 03:00

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Fight for the egg
- Map ID: lonewolf56-towers
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=l ... &id=808763
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lonewolf56-towers

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Fight for the egg! For all game modes! (16 players)

Players start with 150 HP:

16 Alien Rifles
16 Alien Shotguns
16 Lite Railguns
4 Sniper Rifles
1 Plasmagun

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: The map design is different from others, its active with 16 players, you can't get lost easily, 3 ways of going to each other's bases, and no other approved map has a color changing egg!

- Any other comments: This is not my map, this belongs to my friend lonewolf56.
Last edited by Star Fox McCloud on 9 November 2017, 19:43, edited 2 times in total.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] lonewolf56-towers

Postby Dandamage » 7 November 2017, 19:55

- Looks really good overall. Nice theme.
- I didn't experience any glitches with the triggers so far except for the weird door noises and when I tested it out in multiplayer the match went smoothly
- The sniping spots at the base and at the middle of the battlefield are nice
- The map in its whole is not completely unique, but it has a charm and attention to details that not all maps have. I can easily see this being used as a battleground for clan wars in PB 2.5
- For a map this size, I think there should be more options about how to reach the enemy base
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 7 November 2017, 20:14

Thank you dandamage for the reply!

Well, usually there are 2 ways of reaching the base in other maps. I recently found there are 6 total options to reach the base. You can go straightfoward on the bottom part of the map or Top of the map. You can go down through the acid tubes to go from top to bottom safely, use teleporters to get right on the enemies base, and selfboost on the sniper spot to get on the base from the bottom. Also it is possible to selfboost into the acid tube from the bottom to the Top.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 9 November 2017, 18:50

1. gates are not made by the right technique. they constantly generate door sounds while you stand underneath them. check eric gurt-draft to learn how to make good doors
2. http://prntscr.com/h8ci5h lake's background doesn't make any sense. try making it look more natural
3. http://prntscr.com/h8ce58 this area has a pusher without a gravitator undrneath it which is against the approval requirements. plus that ladder/stairs are glitchy and climbing it doesn't seem realistic
4. http://prntscr.com/h8cfp4 this egg doesn't make any sense neither plus it overloads the game engine generating more lag and fps drops

well time for a compliment. i like how you've made those mountains. they look natural and original except for those blocky backgrounds like i already mentioned above
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 10 November 2017, 19:10

1. Gates are fixed! Lonewolf might of had trouble fixing the automatic doors sound, so he added "E" triggers to make it simplied.

2. Lonewolf said if he takes out the background it will make him feel uncomfortable seeing it.

3. There was a floor gravitator added before your feedback, he was testing something with the pusher.

4. The egg is part of the map name, so the automatic coloring was removed. Then one color was added, so there's alot less lag!

Thanks for your feedback and compliment. =D

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 12 November 2017, 16:36

Map had a major update!

-Stairs in the bases were too steep, they have been changed to walls to climb on with a new floor gravitator.

-Teleports that were toward the bases were put in small bunkers to slow down rushers so they use the bottom of the map more.

-The boxes on top of the bases were changed again, preventing players losing HP when falling from them. Now it's changed to prevent that.

- Acid takes more HP

- 2 players have been put inside the bases, so they don't die as fast.

- It is harder to glitch through walls.

- A small block was put in front of the bases just for extra protection incase doors were opened.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Max teabag » 15 November 2017, 18:03

The map is really good, visuals, gameplay, etc... Only thing is that walls are slowing down performance, and has to be used sparingly in competitive maps. The excess amount of grass walls is questionable.
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby BLAST3R » 15 November 2017, 19:54

The choice of weapons,background,style,doors and walls make the map unique by it's own.

Plus the gameplay is really well,It plays good and sure is a map with a large potential for approval.

I have rated a full 5 stars.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 27 November 2017, 23:27

New updates:

There are red and blue indicators to tell which base is red or blue.

Less grass near bases

The Right and Left sides of the maps, where the boxes are, have been changed.

Shadows are in the water to look more natural.

Number 2 guns have been changed.

The glowing effects are gone at spawn area.

Pixel Art is gone "Dragon Wings"

The middle of the bottom lane looks cleaner without the white marvel on top of the sniper spots.

"MAP ID HAS BEEN CHANGED TO LONEWOLF56-ALIENWAR"

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 November 2017, 18:40

Map is approved! most map makers and players helped lonewolf with this one! Let's enjoy!

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Approval Request Archive