[APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-underground

Map Approval Requests

[APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-underground

Postby lostmydollar » 9 November 2017, 18:07

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: NO*
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: [MP] Underground
- Map ID: lostmydollar-underground
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=lostm ... &id=847399
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lostmy ... nderground

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: A symmetrical 8x8 map for any currently available gamemode. It doesn't have a big amount of decorations or covers however the map looks well overall and fights are fair of course if you can understand when you should hide and when you should attack.

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: *CS shotguns were modded slightly. Right now they are 100% accurate and spawn 2 projectiles instead of 3. So in a few words they have been turned into hunting rifles which is a good addition I think. To kill someone you have to take a good aim and shoot then wait until it is reloaded and ready for the next shot. You can't just spam-shoot everything on your way to get kills like in 99% of currently approved maps of pb2.

- Any other comments: The map also contains CS pistols that fit gameplay very well. Every time you engage combat you have to pick either a rapid, weak & inaccurate pistol or a slow but accurate hunting rifle.
Last edited by lostmydollar on 10 November 2017, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

lostmydollar

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] lostmydollar-underground

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 10 November 2017, 03:05

This is amazing, very simple, and different, I've never seen a train station map in pb2! Also a shotgun with 1 bullet accuracy is mind boggling! I kinda wished it was 5v5 or 6v6 but it's still great. 10/10

Star Fox McCloud

Postby lostmydollar » 10 November 2017, 14:42

Star Fox McCloud wrote:This is amazing, very simple, and different, I've never seen a train station map in pb2! Also a shotgun with 1 bullet accuracy is mind boggling! I kinda wished it was 5v5 or 6v6 but it's still great. 10/10

thank you. unfortunately there is no 10 or 12 players options to pick while creating a multiplayer match. so i added 8 players instead. now there are 16 players total. also added doors between carriages and did minor design changes

lostmydollar

Postby KARL SERG » 10 November 2017, 19:04

It will not get approved. If you wish for that, either use Sniper Rifle as Hunting Rifles and let the Shotguns be.

These rules are rather inflexible regarding modifications, because others would complain why they can't mod the guns themselves and would push the limits to see how far they can go.
KARL SERG

Postby Dandamage » 10 November 2017, 20:43

There is no way this map is getting approved if you don't get rid of the weapon mods. If you read the approval checklist/guide it mentions weapons.
dandamage
Dandamage
Official Dandamage

Postby lostmydollar » 10 November 2017, 20:51

KARL SERG wrote:It will not get approved. If you wish for that, either use Sniper Rifle as Hunting Rifles and let the Shotguns be.

These rules are rather inflexible regarding modifications, because others would complain why they can't mod the guns themselves and would push the limits to see how far they can go.

Dandamage wrote:There is no way this map is getting approved if you don't get rid of the weapon mods. If you read the approval checklist/guide it mentions weapons.

there is a plenty of approved maps that do not follow the approval requirements no matter if they have been released in 2012 or 2017. i'll see what eric say about this. maybe he will not be against this light mod. dandamage please do not lock the topic until then

it's either getting approved with this mod or not approved at all. i'm not changing anything. turning "hunting rifles" back to shotguns will ruin the concept

lostmydollar

Postby RawrNutHug » 10 November 2017, 22:36

As far as I know, modded guns aren't allowed; your map won't get approved even if it looks good. Having the default shotgun as your primary weapon on this map would be more fun to play, in my opinion. It would also make more sense since you have shield grenades to counter the bullet spread across the map.
Last edited by RawrNutHug on 12 November 2017, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
RawrNutHug

Postby Ilmarinen » 11 November 2017, 02:31

While personally I see no issue with approving modded maps, I don't think Eric feels the same way.

Good luck though, Chrissty and I really like the map however.
~ Ilmarinen ~
Ilmarinen

Postby Dandamage » 11 November 2017, 16:30

Most maps that don't follow the checklist are simply old and were approved before some items in the list were added.
dandamage
Dandamage
Official Dandamage

Postby Hikarikaze » 12 November 2017, 01:16

Dandamage wrote:Most maps that don't follow the checklist are simply old and were approved before some items in the list were added.

And those maps are still on the list despite the checklist now contradicting the reasons why the maps are on the list still. If the guidelines get updated then there's no point in having ancient maps still approved as is if they, as examples of approved maps, don't reflect the current expectations entirely

Personally I think if the weapon mod is fair, it shouldn't stop a map from getting approved. We already have the rule about making maps fair and balanced keeping the mods rule in check technically. Taking the rule literally isn't useful, is pointless, and just limits the creativity we expect from maps in the first place

KARL SERG wrote:These rules are rather inflexible regarding modifications, because others would complain why they can't mod the guns themselves and would push the limits to see how far they can go.

Those people can learn by asking other mapmakers or by finding a tutorial. They should also understand that their experimentation leads to a risk of their map not getting approved.
Hikarikaze

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 12 November 2017, 03:56

I honestly don't see the reason why this shouldn't get approved,it's not like the mods break the game in any way or make it unfair/a clusterfυck
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon

Postby Dariy » 12 November 2017, 04:08

Great map design plan, I love the core idea. The metal detector made me smile it's great that you added that, I am a sucker for these small details. My main concern is that most of the map is very open and probably there are going to be a lot of people spamming all over the place. One thing I'm wondering about is if you could somehow spice up the whole map as most of it feels monotone to me.
ησтнιηg вυт тнє вєѕт ιѕ gσσ∂ єησυgн ƒσя мє
Dariy

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby lostmydollar » 12 November 2017, 08:39

Dariy wrote:Great map design plan, I love the core idea. The metal detector made me smile it's great that you added that, I am a sucker for these small details. My main concern is that most of the map is very open and probably there are going to be a lot of people spamming all over the place. One thing I'm wondering about is if you could somehow spice up the whole map as most of it feels monotone to me.

thank you. i agree with you about how everything feels the same on the map. i decided to avoid adding too many decor elements in order to make the game run faster (to avoid lag, fps drops/freezes). But i wish i could use the whole potential of level editor. Maybe this will become possible in pb2.5

but ill see if i can add something

-edit- no. not much can be done here. adding unnecessary yellow backgrounds as well as other backgrounds that current level editor provides, gravitators or interactive doors will ruin the concept of "underground" where the main accent was put on realism. but if you have any ideas please tell
Last edited by lostmydollar on 12 November 2017, 10:34, edited 2 times in total.

lostmydollar

Postby KARL SERG » 12 November 2017, 08:57

Hikarikaze wrote:
Dandamage wrote:Most maps that don't follow the checklist are simply old and were approved before some items in the list were added.

And those maps are still on the list despite the checklist now contradicting the reasons why the maps are on the list still. If the guidelines get updated then there's no point in having ancient maps still approved as is if they, as examples of approved maps, don't reflect the current expectations entirely

Personally I think if the weapon mod is fair, it shouldn't stop a map from getting approved. We already have the rule about making maps fair and balanced keeping the mods rule in check technically. Taking the rule literally isn't useful, is pointless, and just limits the creativity we expect from maps in the first place

KARL SERG wrote:These rules are rather inflexible regarding modifications, because others would complain why they can't mod the guns themselves and would push the limits to see how far they can go.

Those people can learn by asking other mapmakers or by finding a tutorial. They should also understand that their experimentation leads to a risk of their map not getting approved.

Ancient things can hardly be removed if they have survived, since they are deeply ingrained in people's minds. Rules need to be respected, else chaos ensues. You know, the generic narrative... "Give them an inch, they will take a few miles."

Also, "can't" doesn't mean "don't know", but rather "aren't allowed".
KARL SERG

Postby Dandamage » 13 November 2017, 01:05

If I could endorse a map that doesn't follow the checklist, I would. I would love if approved maps had custom weapons and were just overall more diverse. But if it is written there, it should be respected and it is still a no from me.
dandamage
Dandamage
Official Dandamage

Postby lostmydollar » 14 November 2017, 17:08

Dandamage wrote:If I could endorse a map that doesn't follow the checklist, I would. I would love if approved maps had custom weapons and were just overall more diverse. But if it is written there, it should be respected and it is still a no from me.

Why should this rule exist in the first place?

Okay lets say i respect the rules. Why does the one who wrote them(eric gurt) doesnt do the same? Speaking of creativity, how every new approved map should be unique and differ from the ones that were approved before. Instead or "respecting his rule" all he does is picking a map that is either shitty or a copy of earlier approved map and what is more important there is nothing unique in it. Can you explain me why this is happening

lostmydollar

Postby RawrNutHug » 14 November 2017, 17:18

Why don't you make it easier on yourself and just remove the gun modifications so you can walk away with your map approval?
RawrNutHug

Postby KARL SERG » 14 November 2017, 20:32

lostmydollar wrote:
Dandamage wrote:If I could endorse a map that doesn't follow the checklist, I would. I would love if approved maps had custom weapons and were just overall more diverse. But if it is written there, it should be respected and it is still a no from me.

Why should this rule exist in the first place?

Okay lets say i respect the rules. Why does the one who wrote them(eric gurt) doesnt do the same? Speaking of creativity, how every new approved map should be unique and differ from the ones that were approved before. Instead or "respecting his rule" all he does is picking a map that is either shitty or a copy of earlier approved map and what is more important there is nothing unique in it. Can you explain me why this is happening

He does respect them. What approved map of his doesn't follow the rules regarding modifications?
KARL SERG

Postby lostmydollar » 14 November 2017, 20:47

RawrNutHug wrote:Why don't you make it easier on yourself and just remove the gun modifications so you can walk away with your map approval?

i don't need an approval for the sake of having an approval

KARL SERG wrote:He does respect them. What approved map of his doesn't follow the rules regarding modifications?

im speaking of this rule he constantly breaks - http://prntscr.com/hah7yo

lostmydollar

Postby RawrNutHug » 15 November 2017, 14:01

lostmydollar wrote:i don't need an approval for the sake of having an approval

Then that defeats the whole point. What's the use of this thread if you're not doing it for the sake of having your map approved? You're wasting everyone's time.

Your map didn't fill all the requirements needed for an approval.
lostmydollar wrote:- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: NO*

Now you know why it won't be approved (modded guns), so you then go on to question the rules itself. *sigh*
lostmydollar wrote:Why should this rule exist in the first place?

I'm certain that it wasn't just Eric that came up with the whole map requirements and that there had to be others who contributed to it.

Dandamage wrote:Most maps that don't follow the checklist are simply old and were approved before some items in the list were added

Most of the approved maps looked similar to each other back then. This is evident with Stryde's sniper maps and the many others that copied it's concept. So maybe the originality rule probably didn't exist yet. Connect the dots. Essentially, those 'old maps' had to be approved because they were getting a lot of attention; players playing the map, a ton of ratings, etc.

If you're still curious about that whole situation, ask more about it here: http://plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=123
RawrNutHug

Next

Return to Map Approval Requests