Maps : Rating and Approval Systems

Feedback & Ideas about Custom Maps.

Re: Maps : Rating and Approval Systems

Postby mrblake213 » 8 April 2016, 10:56

I think PB2 will have no updates for now.

Eric is primarily focusing on making PB2.5
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby tehswordninja » 8 April 2016, 21:05

FRC10 wrote:
tehswordninja wrote:I hope you do know the staff can't really do much about the approval system, that's up to Eric. I highly doubt it will change for now, but the system has to change in PB2.5, the current system is just poorly thought out.

At last, someone from staff accepts it. Why doesn't Eric test some good ideas in pb2 on trial basis?
Btw, What do you mean by "but the system has to change in PB2.5"?

"The current system is just poorly thought out"

Self explanatory enough, I think.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby jonb7 » 10 April 2016, 14:51

Sounds good. Although, on point 1, don't force the player to vote, because that will be annoying, and encourage thoughtless voting. Instead, make the rating menu more noticeable when you leave. Maybe have a message as you leave the map- But leave the option to leave without rating. In some cases, rating would be a bad thing- I.e. WIP maps, or a map you haven't thoroughly played, or just came to accidentally.

As for point 2, the approval system really needs to be refined.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby FRC10 » 13 April 2016, 09:32

jonb7 wrote:Sounds good. Although, on point 1, don't force the player to vote, because that will be annoying, and encourage thoughtless voting. Instead, make the rating menu more noticeable when you leave. Maybe have a message as you leave the map- But leave the option to leave without rating. In some cases, rating would be a bad thing- I.e. WIP maps, or a map you haven't thoroughly played, or just came to accidentally.

As for point 2, the approval system really needs to be refined.

After a long exercise of brainstorming, I came up with an idea of non-enforcement of voting. Imposing something is somewhat irritant. But total liberty is also not in a good taste.

Here is my idea : An option (a big sized window- eye-catching) to "rate the map" (as explained in my previous post) and to "leave the map" can be made available on pressing "Escape" to get out of the game. A player will be allowed to leave map without rating three times . If the player attempts to repeat it on fourth time whether consecutively or not, doesnt matter, the option to leave should not be available/visible to him/her. The last resort to leave without rating is to close the game window.

I think thrice is OK as far as checking out, enjoying and understanding a map are concerned.
FRC10 out! Xd
Last edited by FRC10 on 14 June 2016, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
FRC10
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 3 June 2016, 06:48

I doubt this will work,

If your force them to vote. It wouldn't be based off of map making skill and they would just try to be nice to the maker. However creating a indicator wouldn't also work either since most map makers already have that enlisted in their maps and wouldn't really make a difference. The only time I see that it could work is that they forgot to vote but then again... Most map makers have a "pls rate 5." Heck I used a fancy intro that said "pls rate" Just so people would vote.
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Previous

Return to Custom Maps