Map discussion - What are Your ideas?

Feedback & Ideas about Custom Maps.

Map discussion - What are Your ideas?

Postby jonb7 » 23 March 2016, 01:36

First of all, this topic would better fit the "Custom maps - Map discussion" topic that so many of us have requested in the past, and been denied. Sticking it here, rather than MP maps, since this is actually a discussion thread, and more frequently viewed.

So anyways, on topic- I'd like to make a topic to discuss ideas for custom maps. Generally, referring to ideas for multiplayer maps, whether competitive (Think arena maps.), custom (Think infection, slo-mo, etc.), or mini-games (Think saws, races, survival, etc.), or anything else. Of course, SP maps aren't excluded.
Obviously, ideas will come in a wide variety. Anything unique is acceptable- Whether it's an idea for a map layout, a unique concept for a gameplay mechanic, a dynamic element to be implemented, or an entirely new game-mode, its all good.

The point of this discussion is for the community to put out any great ideas they have- Particularly, people who are not versed with the level editor, but have great maps ideas.
Because, to be honest, I'm running short on ideas. Requests are welcome. xP

Please, be creative, be original, and be open to constructive criticism, and technical viewpoints from the map makers. (I'll try to get a few involved here, if this gets a great response from the community.)
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Map discussion - What are Your ideas?

Postby mrblake213 » 23 March 2016, 03:03

Ideas.. Hmm..
I usually copy from other games. (Ex: FNAF, Speed Runners, Cops and Robbers)

There are actually quite alot of great maps on other games which you can make here in PB2.
It is like bringing another game into Plazmaburst 2

To have rates, you can just spam and beg people
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby jonb7 » 26 March 2016, 17:48

mrblake213 wrote:Ideas.. Hmm..
I usually copy from other games. (Ex: FNAF, Speed Runners, Cops and Robbers)

There are actually quite alot of great maps on other games which you can make here in PB2.
It is like bringing another game into Plazmaburst 2

To have rates, you can just spam and beg people

Indeed, staples in other games have been favorite innovations in Pb2. Did you have anything specific in mind, though?

And, seriously- Don't spam. And begging is just annoying-

-Anyways, on a related topic- Lets all thank Tempus for giving us, in response, the awesome new Custom Maps Feedback section.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 4 May 2016, 21:50

Please don't freepost on topics.
You will be given a warning on your profile
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby jonb7 » 9 May 2016, 07:21

Too bad this isn't more lively. I was hoping for some ideas.

Well, if anyone actually sees this, and is lacking for ideas, here's a conversation starter: What custom game mode would you like to see in Pb2? And, do you have any ideas as to how to implement it?
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Vexiled » 18 May 2016, 03:56

I have a couple of ideas that people could try out in both MP/SP maps:

- Create a horror-themed map (I've tried, but it's difficult with this type of game)
- In multiplayer maps, you could try mixing it up and make the map more vertical than horizontal/box-shaped.
- Interactive levels! They always make a map a lot of fun to play (Or just have a couple automated logics here and there).
- This is something that I might try in the near future: Try recreating old and outdated maps, making them look/feel better (Whether they're an SP series or MP map).
- This is a bit more specific, as it involves the interactive level idea: You could try making a hide-and-seek map where the hiders could interact with various hiding places in the background and "hide" in them.
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby jonb7 » 22 May 2016, 06:37

Vexiled wrote:I have a couple of ideas that people could try out in both MP/SP maps:

- Create a horror-themed map (I've tried, but it's difficult with this type of game)
- I've dabbled in this. It's tricky but possible. The key is to give it suspense, and creepy visuals, but not to make it creepy. Blood splatters on the wall are just silly. Its best to go with dark corridors, maybe with damaged bits of structure. Stuff like that.

- In multiplayer maps, you could try mixing it up and make the map more vertical than horizontal/box-shaped.
- Yes, verticality is often forgotten. Flat maps are simply horrid.

- Interactive levels! They always make a map a lot of fun to play (Or just have a couple automated logics here and there).
- I've been trying to give all my newer MP maps dynamic elements. It works out quite well.

- This is something that I might try in the near future: Try recreating old and outdated maps, making them look/feel better (Whether they're an SP series or MP map).
- I've tried this in a way. Taking old and/or badly done maps, and making something out of them. Its a concept with alot of potential, and i'd love to see more people try it.

- This is a bit more specific, as it involves the interactive level idea: You could try making a hide-and-seek map where the hiders could interact with various hiding places in the background and "hide" in them.
- People have tried H&S maps, and they usually turn out horrible. If someone could make a decent version, it would be cool.

Good ideas here. Hopefully, map makers take note of these.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Sgt Dwayne » 25 May 2016, 20:17

Eric should add flamethrower in the game and a new mode comes with flamethrower.

First team tries to burn every object in the map, second team tries to extinguish in a time limit.
Sgt Dwayne
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby jonb7 » 25 May 2016, 23:29

Sgt Dwayne wrote:Eric should add flamethrower in the game and a new mode comes with flamethrower.

First team tries to burn every object in the map, second team tries to extinguish in a time limit.

Hm. That sounds like it could make a really cool version of Territories, from Halo.

Actually, it would be pretty cool if Territories could be recreated.
jonb7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Mirth » 12 September 2016, 02:39

yi en wrote:
Spoiler: Show More
Hmm I am thinking some maps ideas in PB 2.5, if that was possible.

Since the random bullets will be added in PB 2.5, I have thought out of ideas of spaceship battle.
maybe just like Touhou project something else.

or the wall that gives you damage, you may do the obstacles running or volcano escape.

if someone can do the random machine that could find a player anytime, maybe you can do some random and fair games such as murder, deathrun, etc.

or if you have rich emotion feeling, or story creating ideas, or as short, creative, You may do the story mode for multiplayer. Maybe saw map with story, because I am bored on the saw map that just only kills people into pieces.

"a best saw map = story > traps. "

or some boss fights with special moves. One of my friend is developing that game and always invites me as game tester. Somewhat it is fun, anyway.

or you could make cops and robbers. But srly, no old or copied cops and robbers. Maybe we can have another story about the cops are caught by terrorists and the cops should tried to escape.

also, in cops and robbers, I hope the robbers can escape from the cell even the police doesn't open the door in few times. Maybe after 3 minutes, the cell will be hacked by the hackers which are outside the police station and they will open permanently.

that's all, signing out.
13)

Please do not necropost.
3.4.1 - Necroposting: Do not post on old forum topics that have not seen activity for 60 days. If you want to revive a topic, ask a member of staff.

Topic locked.
Mirth
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Custom Maps