More player-initiator triggers please

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

More player-initiator triggers please

Postby pvt rya » 13 November 2019, 18:04

can we have something like, ghost mode on player initiator, change bodypart of player initiator, change skin of player initiator?
by the way can we get trigger function "teleport vehicle A to region B? that would be awesome!

pvt rya
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: More player-initiator triggers please

Postby Darnit525 » 13 November 2019, 19:50

better yet, just have it so all player triggers can be set to affect the initiator, don't think the vehicle one will happen though.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby jeje52 » 13 November 2019, 21:13

Maybe if we could select "initiator" from the drop-down menu where we select the character
Like so: https://prnt.sc/pwkdrc

All this initiator stuff can be done using variables, though it does take 2 entire triggers on an 8 player map. It would be nice to have some alternative to that.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Max teabag » 18 November 2019, 13:56

You can do
#1) Set variable 'player-init-slot' to slot of player-initaitor
#2) Set variable 'current-slot' to current slot
#3) Continue trigger execution if [player-init-slot] variable is equals to [current-slot] variable
#4) Do what ever you want... e.g. teleport vehicle to region 'B'
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby pvt rya » 18 November 2019, 16:51

Max teabag wrote:You can do
#3) Continue trigger execution if [player-init-slot] variable is equals to [current-slot] variable

vehicles are broken in multiplayer, no variables can fix this!

P.S. sync with vehicles didnt work also

pvt rya
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Xier44 » 20 November 2019, 20:11

pvt rya wrote:can we have something like, ghost mode on player initiator, change bodypart of player initiator, change skin of player initiator?
by the way can we get trigger function "teleport vehicle A to region B? that would be awesome!

ghost mode on player initiator,change skin of player initiator,change bodypart of player initiator
Lmao theres a trigger options about ghost mode,change skin,change bodypart.

Lmao look like you posting
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Sorry if insulted
Xier44

Postby jeje52 » 20 November 2019, 22:08

Xier44 wrote:Lmao theres a trigger options about ghost mode,change skin,change bodypart.

He's asking for the player initiator equivalent of those. Not just a specific character, but the player that initiates a trigger, like by pressing a button.
jeje52

Postby Xier44 » 21 November 2019, 13:57

jeje52 wrote:
Xier44 wrote:Lmao theres a trigger options about ghost mode,change skin,change bodypart.

He's asking for the player initiator equivalent of those. Not just a specific character, but the player that initiates a trigger, like by pressing a button.

Oh..
Xier44

Postby phsc » 21 November 2019, 17:37

There is a quite simple way to solve most of these problems, which is to do what max teabag said (which works very well for let say, camera zoom, but Eric added a specific option for it?) but then it hits a problem which is it will only work in the player initiations game, maybe unless you sync it, which in specific cases can make things complicated I believe and maybe even impossible at cases.

Vehicles are broken but I believe it is possible to make something similar to vehicles (similar, not exactly like they are) with triggers but it would be quite complicated, checking for door positions of where the wheels would be checking if doors can go from point A to point B with ground as part of it (this has been done before) and then getting the angle betwen the two positions and rotating the vehicle decor, maybe also spinning the wheels according to the speed the car moves (I think this has also been done before) with the vehicle having an HP bar and since the vehicle will have door objects (can be moved by disabling the px limits to the grid or moving regions according to their X and Y position via triggers so the area of contact fits almost perfectly) that fits according to synced variables for values and then there is a bar that follows it.
Decently hard? I guess so, but probably not impossible
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby alj99 » 29 November 2019, 12:57

Max teabag wrote:You can do

i think that's a player filter that is only visible to one player design,instead use:
#2) skip next trigger action if 'player-init-slot' is not equal to '#player*1' (apparently using 0 also works as well)
#3)Do what ever you want... e.g. teleport vehicle to region 'B'[/quote]
#4)#2) skip next trigger action if 'player-init-slot' is not equal to '#player*2' (apparently using 1 also works as well)
#5)#3)Do what ever you want... e.g. teleport vehicle to region 'B'[/quote]
#6 repeat as necessary

now there are some issues with this being 1 and only thing here is it is not COMPACT.
Last edited by alj99 on 30 November 2019, 05:52, edited 2 times in total.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby alj99 » 29 November 2019, 13:10

phsc wrote:There is a quite simple way to solve most of these problems, which is to do what max teabag said (which works very well for let say, camera zoom, but Eric added a specific option for it?) but then it hits a problem which is it will only work in the player initiations game, maybe unless you sync it, which in specific cases can make things complicated I believe and maybe even impossible at cases.

Vehicles are broken but I believe it is possible to make something similar to vehicles (similar, not exactly like they are) with triggers but it would be quite complicated, checking for door positions of where the wheels would be checking if doors can go from point A to point B with ground as part of it (this has been done before) and then getting the angle betwen the two positions and rotating the vehicle decor, maybe also spinning the wheels according to the speed the car moves (I think this has also been done before) with the vehicle having an HP bar and since the vehicle will have door objects (can be moved by disabling the px limits to the grid or moving regions according to their X and Y position via triggers so the area of contact fits almost perfectly) that fits according to synced variables for values and then there is a bar that follows it.
Decently hard? I guess so, but probably not impossible

i think if you used a player filtered changes and then interacted with it there are two possiblities:
1) if it is a physical or a functional (,object) like push, region, and camera; nothing special happens only he/she can interact with it and interacting or it automatically cause another change will only be visible to you.
2) if it is an entity and you interact with it it for vehicles it will teleport to where you ride it, and if you killed an entity it will just die and the death location is still on the same separate location

im just using prior knowledge of this game that i already have. like the first 1 which is a completely natural occasion way before variable even existed. and the entity dying is also a natural occasion i think because their death status is being synced to other players including the ones who newly joined a server and the entities teleporting is also a natural occasion but i haven't tried nor seen doing that with a vehicle since the only thing that people actually saw is guns an exception is if an npc picks up a gun which is not synced
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Level Editor