PB2.5 and Ads: The Loophole

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: PB2.5 and Ads: The Loophole

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 8 February 2019, 19:29

plazmaburstforum.com?
Was that the old forum or what?
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Jason Eden » 8 February 2019, 21:59

Good idea. Count me in.

Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 8 February 2019, 22:52

As we all know, Eric doesn't want donations of any sort, because he doesn't see gaming as profitable.

Profit, according to the Oxford Dictionary: A financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
If we use the generic concept of profit, it is not it, it is not profit, I think it has been poor worded and a lot of people would not understand what you said; Eric doesn't want people to spend their money on PB2, not making profit, if it was about profit then he could just spend the money with let's say developing PB2.5 or just storing the money so he can host his own website which has no financial gain.

BUT LETS USE WHAT I KNOW ABOUT:
According to the austrian school of economics which works with the concepts of praxeology aka human action:
Action attempts to exchange a less desirable condition for a more desirable one, and costs are incurred to achieve a goal. The difference between the value of the costs and of the goal is called profit.
Then it is indeed profit, as what I am doing right now is trying to achieve profit, making so Eric starts accepting money so PB2.5 comes out better, earlier and maybe he makes something out of it, the simple fact that I am spending time right now is the cost, everything implies it.
I kinda went off topic but ok.

But I can't help but think. When PB2.5 comes out, it'll have the same population PB2 does because we aren't doing anything about it.

Why? it won't, so let me use a simple fact.
BoZ currently has 42 members according to their website, not sure about inactive and people that wouldn't do it.
I'm sure all members of BoZ that played PB2 would play it at least once to see how it is, and even if not, they would try it out.
Now use the same concept but with many other PB2 groups, use the many people from the forums or discord that don't play, random old players, it is way more people.

Of course it is not an amount of players that would stay high for a long time, but it would be more and if the game is indeed great, they might stay, and if it has constant updates or has a really great community-oriented system it might live more.

But wait! How can we advertise this game if Eric doesn't accept donations you may ask?

We can just spend our money ourselves in a private way to make propaganda for it, Eric would have no way to deal with it and there is also a big chance he could even not see it, and it would work pretty well.

Tempus has control over PB2's social media, when PB2.5 comes out, we can donate to him so he pays for Youtube, Facebook and other kind of ads.

Why exactly Tempus? wouldn't it be worse considering, well, he is close to Eric and Eric doesn't like it, there is a high chance he would follow what Eric says or agrees with him, and also why use PB2s social media? the people that follow it probably still play the game and already are playing it if 2.5 releases.

This idea isn't foreign either, back in the days of plazmaburstforum dot com or whatever we could donate to Tempus to keep his TTS server and the forum alive.

A idea being foreign or not doesn't mean anything, in theory it just builds an appeal to the past/tradition aka argumentum ad antiquitatem.

The idea is great, your idea for execution is not, just take someone everybody from the community trusts and would like to do it, give the person some money, that person starts doing an ACTUAL JOB and does an excelent job at it or it dies (if it dies we just pick someone else) and well, it works!
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 9 February 2019, 02:58

Resi wrote:Do you think someone who everyone trusts already exists? Because they'll probably be better than the current staff.

Well, there are people that I'd say everyone trusts but they probably wouldn't want to take the responsability, in my opinion: Darkstar, Mrnat, Ditzy, Hexagon

I find it interesting because if we take a look from Jungian Psychology they are all Fe users and Fe is in a general way ethics and it is Fe is a negative slot which is very interesting.

But I think Kiriakos is also a very ethical person that could handle the problem without trust problems, but then, the pragmatic part of it could have a problem.

And by ethical I mean someone that would respect PB2s rules and not run away with peoples money out of nowhere.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 9 February 2019, 14:55

Resi wrote:
MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:plazmaburstforum.com?
Was that the old forum or what?

This was the first forum, then we switched to plazmaburstforum dot com which was hosted by Tempus.

Everyone loved the new forum, you could get notifications and leave likes or dislikes.

But then Tempus screwed something up, had to restart to the "New New" forum.

And finally, we returned to the "Old New" forum which is this.

Do you have a picture of the new forum (pbforum.com)?
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights