More "Realistic" Gun Mechanics

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

More "Realistic" Gun Mechanics

Postby generaltahsin » 6 January 2019, 13:39

I think when firing a gun it should feel more "realistic" and "better". I'm not saying that it should be 100% realistic, I'm saying that it should be realistic+exaggerated. Here's an edited footage of PB2.5. Edited with my poor drawing skills.

As you can see here, the gun is ejecting casings and there are smoke in specific places. Now I know both bullet and smoke, which I drew, doesn't fit the artstyle of PB. I'm sure Eric will use a 1000% better looking smoke and bullet if he thinks this is a good idea.

What's your thoughts about this suggestion?
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: More "Realistic" Gun Mechanics

Postby LazyRain » 6 January 2019, 20:36

Ejecting casings was in the fttp, but I guess it was cancelled during PB2 devrlopment due the game performance. The next game should work much better so maybe there will be this feature. The smoke effect would be cool. Eric can add this.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby jiu » 7 January 2019, 02:40

Well, that's aesthetic, it would still be interesting to make a style that arms are broken and there is a real recoil in rifles and pistols

I say, about using them until you burn them ((in this category, the cs tegnology would be the simplest of the game))
:P

jiu
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 7 January 2019, 12:36

I'm all for this idea. Overheating + reloading(already added) + limited ammo(already added) = less spam, more attention to strategy (you have to kill the enemy before you waste all your ammo or overheat/break your weapon). In other words this "realistic gun mehanics" will force players to use their guns more carefully and therefore it will make the game more interesting and challanging.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Agent Delta » 8 January 2019, 11:59

This mechanic might ruin some MP maps if all the guns run out of ammo.
Saving Plazma Burst one step at a time.
Agent Delta
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby LazyRain » 8 January 2019, 14:00

By the way, firearms like assault rifles and machine guns, after a very long continuous shooting, begin to "spit" bullets, which after a shot fall a couple of meters from the shooter. In the game, this can be done in this way. If a player constantly holds a weapon in overheating mode, shooting continuously, then over time the gravitational effect on the bullets increases. If player stops shooting, everything returns to normal after a while, but the weapon cools completely much longer. Thus, even with a near endless source of ammunition, player cannot endlessly shoot. Of course, this will only work with part of the weapons.

Agent Delta wrote:This mechanic might ruin some MP maps if all the guns run out of ammo.

Only if the Map Developer will forgot about ammo boxes. But still, such an event will be unlikely only if it is not done deliberately.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights