Something I thought that could fit for Plazma Burst 2.5.

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Something I thought that could fit for Plazma Burst 2.5.

Postby maxim12 » 30 October 2018, 18:44

I'm sure some of you guys know about that game called Celeste. Not that I played it, but I watched a couple youtube videos of it, and I thought that the level design, and character movement from that game could work with Plazma Burst 2.5.

This is the game I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok9SCAMeoGI&t=882s

I would suggest making the map levels about 3 times longer. Add save checkpoints and "life" points. Dying will result in losing a Life point, and you will respawn in the last checkpoint, losing all lifes will require you to restart the level completely. You will regain those lost life points back everytime you restart the level completely.

Difficulty levels could differ in amount of Life point you get when starting a level: Easy - 4 or 3, Normal - 2, Hard and Higher - only 1; That means you should play carefully, since in hard or higher you wont be able to respawn in checkpoints after dying, only completely restarting the level will be available in those high difficulty levels.

Just like in that game Celeste, make the Plazma burst 2.5 levels rich in traps and challenging in terms of parkour. So the levels will not just be a boring linear corridor shooter like the currect Plazma Burst 2 campaign is. Yes, Plazma Burst 2 had some parkour parts in It's campaign, but It's really lacking and very poorly made.

For character movement, I would suggest make the characters move at a little slower pace, and make them less awkwardly bouncy. Give the option to dash, slide and stick into walls like in Celeste.

And lastly, the AI, oh god It's terrible as hell and dont provide any challenge.
Make the AI's being set in squads with a commander in it, which should able to give orders. The AI should be capable of performing challenging tactics against the player, such as flanking, camping (And shooting though thin walls), scouting and inform on player's presence, and even sometimes to highly prioritize on reviving It's dead allies, and other tactics that Eric Gurt might think of.

Speaking about squading, the game should have a squad system if you or the AI enemy command have AI allies on It's squad. The player, or the AI enemy commander, would have the ability to give orders to It's team mates or allies, like follow me, hold this position, charge, get in cover, prioritize targets, shoot on a specific spot, prioritize on playing defensively and etc.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Something I thought that could fit for Plazma Burst 2.5.

Postby maxim12 » 30 October 2018, 20:01

Lol, I've even forgot that Self-boosting was even a thing in Plazma Burst 2.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby LazyRain » 1 November 2018, 08:29

maxim12 wrote:I'm sure some of you guys know about that game called Celeste. Not that I played it, but I watched a couple youtube videos of it, and I thought that the level design, and character movement from that game could work with Plazma Burst 2.5.

This is the game I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok9SCAMeoGI&t=882s...

...Add save checkpoints and "life" points. Dying will result in losing a Life point, and you will respawn in the last checkpoint, losing all lifes will require you to restart the level completely. You will regain those lost life points back everytime you restart the level completely.

Difficulty levels could differ in amount of Life point you get when starting a level: Easy - 4 or 3, Normal - 2, Hard and Higher - only 1; That means you should play carefully, since in hard or higher you wont be able to respawn in checkpoints after dying, only completely restarting the level will be available in those high difficulty levels...

How can you even compare these two games? Yes, they are both side-scrolling and made in 2D, but they are totally different because of many things. Physics for example. If you rely on possible similarity of such level design and character movement then you need to understand that there are many more similar games. The standart movements and the "block-style" environment are found in many games. Especially the environment because it is easy to change something in game's Level Editor.

About Life Points or Hearts. No. I'm sure the next PB game will have checkpoint system just like in many shooters. Because constantly starting a level over and over again from the beginning is very annoying. The only thing I'd like to see is option to turn off checkpoints on any difficulty for more challenging gameplay.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 November 2018, 23:09

Celeste and PB2 are both made differently and work differently. In Celeste, it's possible to quickly make multiple chained dashes (and stop on walls) and boost off moving platforms for example. Wall collision damage is a thing in PB2 (and PB2.5, I'm assuming) so that style of movement isn't well suited, and momentum in PB can't be used in the same way as it can in Celeste to launch oneself; that move isn't also as easy to do either in this game. Allowing to stick on walls would probably interfere with fall damage mechanics unless both are separate or there is a way to distinguish between a wall and a floor

Also, Celeste works similarly to older NES-era games, where individual frames matter when it comes to control inputs and doing specific things. The crazier moves you can pull off are mainly due to specific input timing within specific frames, which is something PB2 doesn't have because it just wasn't designed that way.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 7 November 2018, 13:47

1. Dash and the other moves are crappier ways of saying you want a easier campaign
2. "Slower pace". Really? The characters are RUNNING? Ever heard of RUNNING?
3. Traps are just cheap kills/deaths
4. This is a fighting game, not a parkour game
5. Life points and checkpoints just dont fit.
We really need a list of decomfirmed features and probably add these ones in..
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights