Lasers and Disabled lamps for Pb2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Lasers and Disabled lamps for Pb2.5

Postby Vs Me » 22 January 2016, 22:14

My idea is when it gets dark by background we press a button to player head and that shows red laser to see the dark and procced.

Another idea of using laser to hands and the are blue

Another last idea, pick up a disabled lamp and enable it

Vs Me

Re: Lasers and Disabled lamps for Pb2.5

Postby guest-electric fish » 22 January 2016, 22:18

Sounds like a great idea.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 22 January 2016, 22:42

Your first idea is quite similar to one of my ideas, helmet torches, but obviously you said laser and not torch, either way I think it's an interesting idea which would make dark maps much easier to play. Lasers would probably be more aesthetically pleasing than torches to be honest, so I'm all for this idea.

Your second idea, hm, lasers on the hands, I don't think it's really needed, just make the PSI swords glow instead.

I like your last idea very much to be honest, it's something I haven't come across before, it opens up a lot of mapmaking possibilities such as having to find broken lamps in the dark to repair them before progressing in an SP map or simply being able to turn on a lamp because you feel like it in MP. In PB2 lamps do still give out light when they are destroyed though, so maybe the first application is the only way to use it.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 23 January 2016, 10:06

The marine helmet already has a lazer on it... its just not useable.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Vs Me » 23 January 2016, 10:11

shadowstorm122 wrote:The marine helmet already has a lazer on it... its just not useable.

Ha, where you know that he can enable it?

Vs Me

Postby assasinguy » 23 January 2016, 10:27

As shadowstorm said, it's not useable, it's purely aesthetic. The things you suggested do not exist in the game at the moment, but I'm hoping they'll exist at some point in the future, on PB2.5
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby guest-electric fish » 23 January 2016, 10:43

I also believe about the last idea of yours is that there should be a trigger to open or close the lights just like real life
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby NNC » 23 January 2016, 15:08

First idea: it was suggested before many times, and I don't have anything to add to the discussion, other than saying that I'd rather play with low display quality rather than bother with aiming a laser/torch.

Second idea: couldn't understand it.

Third idea: I personally think that lamps are too minor to bother with repairing them.

assasinguy wrote:In PB2 lamps do still give out light when they are destroyed

Set Physics Quality to HIGH & get surprised
Though I'm not sure why is this considered a part of physics instead of effects or display, but oh well

Vs Me wrote:
shadowstorm122 wrote:The marine helmet already has a lazer on it... its just not useable.
Ha, where you know that he can enable it?
Laser can be seen in PB2 intro.

guest-electric fish wrote:there should be a trigger to open or close the lights
If you're talking about lamps, it already exists. If you're talking about characters' lasers/torches, that'd be a nice thing to disable or always keep them enabled in a map.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby tehswordninja » 23 January 2016, 17:01

Perhaps instead for the lamps, you could have an option for buttons to activate them? Would be a minor thing, but still nice.

Not sure if a laser for seeing would be needed though, and some skins wouldn't be able to have a laser (like helmetless proxy), if something truly is needed for the dark then a simple flashlight of some sort would be just fine.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby miroBG » 9 August 2018, 19:39

How about guns and helmet who have a laser which can light at dark places. I have some maps which I would like that.
MEGA HEROES FOREVER

miroBG
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights