Quick Match

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Quick Match

Postby Copy_ » 31 December 2015, 17:28

As we all know theres no 'Quick Match' button in PB2. I would like to see it in PB2.5

So what would the 'Quick Match' button do? Well, the button would throw you into a random server/match.

This would be especially useful for ranked, as it would reduce the possibility of farming kills.

Also there could be some more buttons like these: 'Quick Sniper' 'Quick Rails' and so on..

What is your opinion on this? Share it with me! :)

Oh, also everyone who's reading this I hope you have a great new year! :D
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Quick Match

Postby maxim12 » 31 December 2015, 17:37

Good idea, as long as it does not always lead you to those over-populared sniper matches.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 31 December 2015, 17:46

Copy_ wrote:As we all know theres no 'Quick Match' button in PB2. I would like to see it in PB2.5

So what would the 'Quick Match' button do? Well, the button would throw you into a random server/match.

This would be especially useful for ranked, as it would reduce the possibility of farming kills.

Also there could be some more buttons like these: 'Quick Sniper' 'Quick Rails' and so on..

What is your opinion on this? Share it with me! :)

Oh, also everyone who's reading this I hope you have a great new year! :D

I asked eric about that on twitter weeks ago and has lots of these things planned in 2.5, even que times

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby assasinguy » 31 December 2015, 22:27

Your idea is very simple and also very good, it would definitely be cool to see this in 2.5.

As for "always getting spawned into overpopularised sniper matches", if you're joining a completely random match and the servers are full of sniper matches, then of course it's more likely that you'll join a sniper match.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby NNC » 4 January 2016, 09:03

[ Join random ranked match ] ​ ​ ​ [ Join random unranked match ]

Something like this? Shouldn't hurt then. It'd be used a lot, too.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 4 January 2016, 23:20

What NNC said, it's basic but it's literally all we need for this.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby ShiftyOne » 6 January 2016, 03:51

While that may be interesting to experiment with, but it probably would end with people disliking it.

In World of Tanks there is the same thing, and you can paired with either players FAR too on the enemy team while your own team can end up being even more noobish than you are. People become upset seeing only the bad and saying "The enemy team is always better! My teams are full of idiots!"

In regular PB2 servers, if you don't like the "non-challenging" PvP, you can search for a game with better players with the option of going back if they are too skilled for you too keep up with. Some newish players may have the problem of finding that it's either too easy to too hard. (That is if they are becoming better players, not all new players get better at the game and want to combat other players of their skill level)

But what do I know? :P We could always try it out and see how it goes. If people like it, they can keep using it. If not, just keep doing what you normally do.
~Others are coming, you will be destroyed~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cexT2aE0M5w
ShiftyOne
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 6 January 2016, 13:48

How about giving the match creator the option to decide whether players using the "Quick Match" button can join their game.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby NNC » 6 January 2016, 17:35

Then we could have a filter in Quick Match's options. Like, you could include the word "sniper" in it to make sure you wouldn't be thrown on a sniper map (only if it's named as a sniper map, though), or, say, "school", or both.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby FRC10 » 6 January 2016, 19:06

It's a good idea as long as you don't lag. Many players can't even join ranked matches due to fixed ping limit. So whenever they try to join by quick match, they would end up being kicked out of the maps where ping limit is set to lower than theirs.

I want "quick match" button in every server but it must not be the only way to join a match.
"Nobody is born legend but you can grow into one."
https://pb2kzm.wordpress.com
FRC10
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby assasinguy » 6 January 2016, 22:44

FRC10 wrote:I want "quick match" button in every server but it must not be the only way to join a match.

No no of course not, assuming this idea is implemented, all of the current ways to join a match will still exist. This will just be an addition to them.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby miroBG » 9 August 2018, 19:26

I like the idea. It will be really good.

+1
MEGA HEROES FOREVER

miroBG
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights