Rolling mechanic

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Rolling mechanic

Postby alj99 » 5 February 2024, 11:11

A platforming type of mechanic that should have its use not only in platformers, but also in pvp. I'll explain why and what it does.

If the normal "hard landing" animation causes the player to stagger or get unstable while standing, it takes some micro time that could leave the player unmovable or outright ragdoll.

The rolling mechanic replaces the stagger animation to a faster rolling animation and negates falling damage (within reasonable height) on the condition that it has to be well timed. You have to roll right when landing.

This doesn't just apply to falling, this applies to transition from air to ground in general like impluses from explosives or pushes, to recoil of your own super modded gun.

This also includes the basic functionality to just roll forward and moving with reasonable speed with smaller hitbox.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Rolling mechanic

Postby pb dman » 6 February 2024, 19:25

idk about the hitbox part but everything else sounds awesome.
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Mean Me » 11 February 2024, 03:28

agreed, can't say how many times I've jumped from a place too high and got hit immediately after landing as an easy target
Spoiler: Show More
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby PeacyQuack » 19 February 2024, 16:42

agreed, can say how many times I've jumped from a place too high and got hit immediately after landing as an easy target
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Feedback and Insights