More Throwable Weapons?

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

More Throwable Weapons?

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 25 October 2017, 21:21

This is half question and half suggestion, but does Eric plan on having more thrown weapons than we've seen so far? If so, I'd also like to know if he's implementing a throwing axe, since I love throwing axes like I love killing someone by throwing them around like a wet paper towel. Since I did say this is half suggestion, I have some throwing weapon ideas myself.

The first one is, of course, a tomahawk. But not just any ordinary tomahawk... a psi-tomahawk! It deals huge amounts of damage, but isn't a guaranteed kill. If you're unlucky, it won't even put them in a dying state. Of course, you can retrieve them, but they can be picked up by others. This means you could pretty much have a dodgeball fight if you wanted. That's about it, Eric can probably connect the dots for everything else with what makes sense.

The second is a device that will swap places with the person it sticks on if you press the button you threw it with after throwing it. This can be a really useful way to just kill an enemy whenever you want by committing suicide and swapping with them, so there's a 5 second timer for it before it is no longer usable. On top of this, the person you attempt to use this on may have the same "swap before suicide" idea. As a result, it makes the risk and reward go up significantly because of these multiple good and bad situations.

Last but not least, the third is a thrown syringe that heals any allies hit by it. However, the downside is that this can heal enemies too, so accidentally hitting the enemy instead can be a problem. If you manage to throw it just right, you can heal yourself, so it isn't completely useless when you're alone. One "updownside" of it is that any players hit by it have partially reduced accuracy, less movement speed, and will become ragdolled far easier than normal. Thankfully, the effects slowly get less and less powerful until they are gone completely. Why is this an "updownside?" Well, remember when I said a downside is that it can heal enemies too? That means the less accuracy and other effects will apply to them too. In other words, it hinders and helps at the same time.

I might draw art for these ideas, but I think that it can be interpreted fairly well what they would look like.
hmm today i will ᴄ̶̠̩̑̍̾̂̾̀̏͘ᴏ̷̳̜͔̺̩͚̖̉̕͝ɴ̶̡̡̲̟̘̪̊̎͜ꜱ̸̗̞̻̙̣͔͓̼̔̇͑̈́͐̔ᴜ̷̼͊͑̒͛̉̈́̔̉̕̕ᴍ̸̨̺͇͖̪͊̽̐͊̓̉͂͝ͅᴇ̴̛̭̖̮̐͒̔̋͠ my infant son
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: More Throwable Weapons?

Postby AI Robot » 25 October 2017, 23:36

If we had a device to swap places, then it would be unfair as hell, You could just keep spamming it. Even with that cooldown, Thats the average amount of time it mostly takes to get to one place to another.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Nykro » 4 November 2017, 15:33

Hell yeah, would love to see shurikens. How about the more you hold right-click, the further the player will shoot it? Could also be useful for aiming though.
wuzzup
Nykro
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 22 November 2017, 23:05

This is actually my kind of idea, I would love to see characters having throwable weapons such as the kunai, shurikens, even the standard-issued combat knife of the CS, Icarus Mk. VI Combat Knife.

It's kinda bland to see our favorite characters in PB2.5 once again, without having a combat knife attached to their armor, so let's take Halo Reach as a comparison to PB2.5, due to not having a knife, and having a knife:

Plazma Burst 2.5:

- Neither characters were using nor seen with a combat knife on their armor nor hands
- Only throwable weapons available are the grenades
- Only seen using the PSI Blades for close combat

Halo Reach:

- Currently issued to the Marines, ODSTs (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, Helljumpers if you want to call them), and Spartans

- 1 Marine, 1 ODST and 2 Spartans were practically seen using a combat knife, including Sgt. John Forge (Halo Wars), GSgt. Edward Buck (Halo 3: ODST), Emile-A239 and SPARTAN-B312 (Halo: Reach)

- In this game, it also contains assassinations too, unique knife killings
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby LazyRain » 12 December 2017, 17:59

Yeah, it's good ideas. I'm sure all of you have seen this, especially 0:08 moment. Characters can throw weapons in PB2.5. So I'd like to see 2 new categories of items:
- Close range weapons of different sizes which can be thrown. 9th slot for example.
- New gadgets like Shuriken, which can be thrown by pressing 'G' or other nade-button.

Btw I've draw Shuriken one year ago. Look here. Below you can notice some other things.
Also I have collection of close range weapons from community. It's about 20 images.

Oh, and you gave me some more ideas for things to draw.
Spoiler: Show More
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Feedback and Insights