Fog of war system? A better campaign?

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Fog of war system? A better campaign?

Postby maxim12 » 20 September 2017, 00:25

I think it would be a great Idea to Implent a Fog of war system.

Basicaly, all the objects that are behind the wall will be invisible, since they dont make contant with the eyes of your character. Same for objects that are behind you, since you dont look at them, they will be invisible.

I'd like to see it as an Engine mark for level editor (Also should be available for Multiplayer) and as a difficulty choice in singleplayer campaign levels.

I'd like to see that feature, I think it will give Plazma Burst 2.5 a new dynamic and new challenges, this could possibly help to stop making certain singleplayer levels "Too easy" since you can see enemies through the walls and possibly shoot them through thin walls, which eliminates the challenge.

The AI is already too dumb in the game currently, all they have is that they have lots of HP's, powerfull weapons, and sometimes appear in great numbers. Find a wall, and then shoot them through the wall, since the AI is too dumb, you will manage to demolish them all... Boring as hell.

I want to see the AI being smart aswell, using tactics (Flanking, etc.), knowning to use weapons streight (Shotgun for close quarters, sniper for long range, etc.), and return fire at you even if you shoot them through thin walls (With weapons desinged to have high penetration values)?
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Fog of war system? A better campaign?

Postby GiraRay » 21 September 2017, 22:19

I believe this would cause too much lag for the player. It would have to constantly test for the player's position and change the image displayed. If you didn't want it to lag the player, then the dynamic would have to have a very low quality and a low frame rate which would not look very pretty along with the other details that Eric will input in 2.5.
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Fog of war system? A better campaign?

Postby maxim12 » 25 September 2017, 19:35

GiraRay wrote:I believe this would cause too much lag for the player. It would have to constantly test for the player's position and change the image displayed. If you didn't want it to lag the player, then the dynamic would have to have a very low quality and a low frame rate which would not look very pretty along with the other details that Eric will input in 2.5.

How will that make the game lag? How does objects disappearing or appearing will cause lag? How does that make sense? Also, I belive that saying "No this idea is bad, because it will cause lag" is an poor excuse to dislike an Idea I mean you didnt even bother to look at the positive sides of the Idea, and you just rush already to say that "It will cause lag".

Plus, if you dislike this feature, you simply dont use it on your maps, or atleast dont choose it when choosing difficulty level.

Haven't you heard of eric making Plasma burst 2.5 in a new and much more optimised and less laggy engine, I dont belive that such feature (Like the on I suggest in this thread) will cause lag, not even slightly.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Return to Feedback and Insights