New Faction Idea

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Do you like this idea for a faction?

Yeah! It should be put in PB2.5!
19%
Yeah! It should be put in PB2.5!
19%
It's a nice idea.
19%
It's a nice idea.
19%
It's not bad, but there's better.
4%
It's not bad, but there's better.
4%
No, not really.
8%
No, not really.
8%

Total votes : 26

New Faction Idea

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 15 August 2017, 20:02

Eric probably won't implement this faction since there's a load of other ones, but I may as well play my hand in case he
Spoiler: Show More
accidentally
picks me.

Singular: Larcen. Plural: Larcenian/Larcenians

Their name closely resembling "larceny" is no coincidence, because these creatures are known for destroying and stealing the resources of other planets. Many alien species have perished because of them, and many know them as an infinite army of emotionless interplanetary eco-terrorists. Their species is classified as arachnid, yet they more resemble a human-sized grasshopper combined with a wolf and a lobster. Their entire back is covered with light grey fur, and the rest of their body is a very pale orange-brown. Their hands are just human enough to operate most weaponry, along with most of their body. However, their necks are thin and frail, their eyes are very almond-shaped and are entirely a yellow-orange color, their head is more rounded, their mouth is 3 separate mandible-like appendages, the area around their stomach is very thin, their legs resemble that of an Android SLC, and they only have 4 fingers on each hand and 2 toes (Sorry if the details were boring).

Their armor is able to show most of these features, but their helmets (which they don't always wear) are bullet-shaped with the flat-ish part being the front of it. They have no visor, but instead two short domes where their eyes should be, with slits in them that are slightly slanted to the direction of the front of the helmet. Their armor is pretty basic afterwards with breastplate, thigh, foot, hand, elbow, and shoulder armor. The only significant details are that the gauntlets resemble rounded rectangles up until the fingers and thighs are armored much more than the rest of the body. The armor's color varies between rank, but is mostly extremely light grey for the major parts of armor (breastplate, thighs, etc), light-ish grey for smaller parts of armor (eyes domes, elbow pads, etc), and black for the unarmored parts (stomach, forearms, etc).

Now, into the fun stuff.

Weapons:

Larcen Sidearm, Sidearm LC-7331
Somewhat angular semi-auto pistol with color scheme similar to Larcen armor. One shot before reload and a bit more recoil than you would expect from a pistol, but a lot of damage and great knockback. A headshot on an enemy could instantly kill them, and knock them over even if they do survive. Fires a small glowing yellow sphere as a projectile, which has an extremely high ricochet tendency.

Larcen SMG, SMG-F4kCU
An angular full-auto SMG with a handle under-barrel, has a color scheme like the Larcen armor but with a bit more black. Shoots extremely fast and has good accuracy, but that accuracy degrades over time and the SMG has a small clip and small damage. Shoots a very short, thin, and oval-shaped glowing yellow bullet with a somewhat small ricochet tendency compared to most other weapons.

Larcen Rifle, Rifle LC-4uT0
Very angular full-auto rifle with a box-like shape, along with a Larcen armor color scheme with a few hints of yellow. Shoots a bit slower than the Assault Rifle C-01r, and it is also more accurate than it with a larger magazine. But, it has a long reload and and does a low amount of DPS if you don't hit all your shots. Fire a more oval-shaped version of the Sidearm LC-7331, with a lower ricochet tendency than it.

Larcen Cannon, Cannon LC-L4eZ0aR
A giant box-shaped arm-mounted cannon with a glowing orb in the back of it, with a color scheme similar to Larcen armor, but with light-ish grey replaced with unsaturated red. Shoots a very long-lasting continuous red beam that deals very high damage and has a seemingly endless range. However, ammo is extremely scarce and comes in the form of destructible red glowing orbs. If an orb is destroyed, it makes a small explosion that will set anyone nearby ablaze. The laser fired is more saturated and wavering around the edges of the beam, and makes very steamy black burn marks on any surface it hits.

Enemies:

Allied with Usurpation, enemies with Falkok, CS, Androids, etc.

Larcen Scout
Carries the LC-7331 and LC-F4kCU, has 200 health and is very prone to knockback. Usually uses the LC-F4kCU, and only whips out the LC-7331 if you are low on health. Has the described armor color and shape, with little to no difference from it.

Larcen Trooper
Carries the LC-4uT0 and occasionally the CS-LitBro, has 250 health and is evened out on armor and weight. Will switch between weapons depending on situation and distance from enemies, but will mostly rely on the LC-4uT0. Has the described armor shape, but the light-ish grey is darker.

Larcen Pachyderm
Has no weapons to the point where they use their fists, has 500 health and is extremely difficult to kill. Has the unique ability to perform a jetpack thrust towards an enemy which can deal large amounts of knockback and damage, and uses their fists if they are already very close to an enemy. Has a more thick and intimidating armor shape with a trunk-like funnel coming out of the front of their helmet and very big and blocky fists, with a very grey color scheme.

Larcen Commander
Will almost always spawn with an LC-L4eZ0aR but other weapons are mostly random, has 400 health and is a challenge to take down. Will usually keep a fair distance between them and an enemy whilst constantly using their surroundings to their advantage, by jumping and running around said enemy so they are confused as to where to aim. They will use their weapons intelligently, adapting to how their movement would affect them and thus changing where they go, how fast they go, and how close they are to an enemy. Has extremely angular armor shape compared to other ones with a yellow-orange glow coming from their eye-dome slits, with red replacing the light-ish grey part of their armor's color.

Well, that was long. I hope you enjoyed it! Give me your feedback on it if you want, or just do the poll.
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: New Faction Idea

Postby GhostX5 » 20 August 2017, 09:11

These are nice ideas, though.

Most of these enemies are quite intimidating, especially Larcen Pachyderm & the Commander. Made them quite difficult, does the Pachyderm have a fatal flaw, like the jetpack is prone from getting damaged? If so, what will they do without using their thrusters when it is damaged due to gun shots?

Another question, will there be a concept art for the faction that you're talking about, including the characters' appearance, and their weapons?
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 20 August 2017, 17:28

GhostX5 wrote:These are nice ideas, though.

Most of these enemies are quite intimidating, especially Larcen Pachyderm & the Commander. Made them quite difficult, does the Pachyderm have a fatal flaw, like the jetpack is prone from getting damaged? If so, what will they do without using their thrusters when it is damaged due to gun shots?

Another question, will there be a concept art for the faction that you're talking about, including the characters' appearance, and their weapons?

For the first question, yes. However, it doesn't involve their jetpack (because it's part of the suit's chassis), it involves their trunk. The specific breed of Larcen that is put in Pachyderm armor is extremely brutal and powerful, but it cannot breathe oxygen. Their "trunk" is actually a tube that converts oxygen to an altered type that they can breathe in. Other Larcenians can breathe the specific air required for Pachyderm soldiers, but Pachyderms are the only breed that can only breathe it. When a Pachyderm loses their trunk (which has a somewhat significant amount of health so you can't just instantly do it), they will immediately go crazy. What do I mean by this? They'll kill anything around them in sheer rage, while slowly dying from lack of breathable air. It won't affect their health, but a small oxygen timer will appear around their head. Of course, if you use this as a skin, it won't activate. Unless a map creator deliberately enables trunk destroying via an engine mark, it'll never happen.

Second question. Yes, I'll try to make some (extremely rough and unrefined at best) concept art for this. However, if you would like to make some concept art yourself, I'd be gladly accepting that too. I'm a writer, not an artist, so making above-average art is not my greatest skill. Either way, that should answer your question.

Also, here's a real quick FAQ for anybody confused about something.

FAQ:

Q: What is their native planet?
A: Their native planet is a semi-wasteland area nicknamed by most as Saaholle (SAWH-hall). It's a hollow planet, featuring a grey hole as the core of it.

Q: What is a grey hole?
A: A combination of a white and black hole, meaning it's pretty much just a planet core. Can I finish now?

Q: What is their goal?
A: The Larcenians' goal is to take as many resources from as many planets as possible, so there's no way anyone can have an advantage over them. They usually destroy planets in the process and are fine with it, because it just means less creatures to stall them.

Q: Why do the Larcenians have such immature names for their weapons and planet?
A: The Larcenians have immature weapon names and an immature name for their planet because they are very uncaring and lacking in seriousness when it comes to being professional. Imagine their morals and such as if they're Deadpool's, and you pretty much have a good idea of what they're generally like.

Q: How did the Larcenians find Earth, and why have they only recently shown up?
A: The Larcenians have only recently shown up because they wait for planet-wide conflict to occur, and then they strike when nobody expects it. They take advantage of having multiple warring factions, and it benefits them greatly whenever the Usurpation are involved.

Q: Why are the Larcenians allied with the Usurpation?
A: The Larcenians are allied with the Usurpation because they both share a similar goal; to take over a planet for their own benefit. The Usurpation take over planets with the help of the Larcenians, and in turn they supply the Larcenians with resources from the planet.

Q: Are there different breeds of Larcenian? If so, what kinds are there?
A: There is, in fact, different breeds of Larcenian. Only three, however. The first kind is the kind described in the original post, the second is similar to the original post but with more grey skin and extra fluffy and white fur (these guys are usually Commanders), and then the breed that is used for Pachyderm soldiers. The Pachyderm soldier breed is much less skinny, much less fluffy, and much more intimidating. Pachyderm Larcenians are terrifying, they are much darker in color with barely any saturation, and their skin is much more leathery than the other breeds.

Now, questions more related to the concept of the faction itself.

Q: Am I allowed to use this faction in any art/story/animation I make?
A: You are allowed to use this faction in your media, but remember to properly credit me.

Q: Was this FAQ really necessary?
A: This FAQ wasn't really necessary, but it at least lets me not have to constantly answer questions.

Q: If Eric Gurt actually decided to include your faction in PB2.5, what would you do.
A: If Eric put this faction in his game, I would happily thank him in all capital letters while acting like I just won $1,000,000 by simply having an idea.
hmm today i will ᴄ̶̠̩̑̍̾̂̾̀̏͘ᴏ̷̳̜͔̺̩͚̖̉̕͝ɴ̶̡̡̲̟̘̪̊̎͜ꜱ̸̗̞̻̙̣͔͓̼̔̇͑̈́͐̔ᴜ̷̼͊͑̒͛̉̈́̔̉̕̕ᴍ̸̨̺͇͖̪͊̽̐͊̓̉͂͝ͅᴇ̴̛̭̖̮̐͒̔̋͠ my infant son
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby GhostX5 » 24 August 2017, 21:08

Eternal Dorkness wrote:

For the first question, yes. However, it doesn't involve their jetpack (because it's part of the suit's chassis), it involves their trunk. The specific breed of Larcen that is put in Pachyderm armor is extremely brutal and powerful, but it cannot breathe oxygen. Their "trunk" is actually a tube that converts oxygen to an altered type that they can breathe in. Other Larcenians can breathe the specific air required for Pachyderm soldiers, but Pachyderms are the only breed that can only breathe it. When a Pachyderm loses their trunk (which has a somewhat significant amount of health so you can't just instantly do it), they will immediately go crazy. What do I mean by this? They'll kill anything around them in sheer rage, while slowly dying from lack of breathable air. It won't affect their health, but a small oxygen timer will appear around their head. Of course, if you use this as a skin, it won't activate. Unless a map creator deliberately enables trunk destroying via an engine mark, it'll never happen.

Second question. Yes, I'll try to make some (extremely rough and unrefined at best) concept art for this. However, if you would like to make some concept art yourself, I'd be gladly accepting that too. I'm a writer, not an artist, so making above-average art is not my greatest skill. Either way, that should answer your question.

FAQ:

A: Their native planet is a semi-wasteland area nicknamed by most as Saaholle (SAWH-hall). It's a hollow planet, featuring a grey hole as the core of it.

A: A combination of a white and black hole, meaning it's pretty much just a planet core. Can I finish now?

A: The Larcenians' goal is to take as many resources from as many planets as possible, so there's no way anyone can have an advantage over them. They usually destroy planets in the process and are fine with it, because it just means less creatures to stall them.

A: The Larcenians have immature weapon names and an immature name for their planet because they are very uncaring and lacking in seriousness when it comes to being professional. Imagine their morals and such as if they're Deadpool's, and you pretty much have a good idea of what they're generally like.

A: The Larcenians have only recently shown up because they wait for planet-wide conflict to occur, and then they strike when nobody expects it. They take advantage of having multiple warring factions, and it benefits them greatly whenever the Usurpation are involved.

A: The Larcenians are allied with the Usurpation because they both share a similar goal; to take over a planet for their own benefit. The Usurpation take over planets with the help of the Larcenians, and in turn they supply the Larcenians with resources from the planet.

A: There is, in fact, different breeds of Larcenian. Only three, however. The first kind is the kind described in the original post, the second is similar to the original post but with more grey skin and extra fluffy and white fur (these guys are usually Commanders), and then the breed that is used for Pachyderm soldiers. The Pachyderm soldier breed is much less skinny, much less fluffy, and much more intimidating. Pachyderm Larcenians are terrifying, they are much darker in color with barely any saturation, and their skin is much more leathery than the other breeds.

A: You are allowed to use this faction in your media, but remember to properly credit me.

A: This FAQ wasn't really necessary, but it at least lets me not have to constantly answer questions.

Q: If Eric Gurt actually decided to include your faction in PB2.5, what would you do.
A: If Eric put this faction in his game, I would happily thank him in all capital letters while acting like I just won $1,000,000 by simply having an idea.

Yup, thanks for the answer! Boy, does Pachyderm Larcen really have to rage against those who just shot off their trunk. Looks like us players are gonna have to be careful about what we're doing while we would encounter one of these species, otherwise we might not be able to beat them.

Last question, does the Pachyderm also engage in stealth operations, like he's tasked to just kill the guards and let their Commander do the thing, like hacking the system and then retreat? If so, that would be really cool, yet he really needs to use cloaking system, yet you said that he uses only fists.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 30 August 2017, 19:42

GhostX5 wrote:
Eternal Dorkness wrote:

FAQ:

Yup, thanks for the answer! Boy, does Pachyderm Larcen really have to rage against those who just shot off their trunk. Looks like us players are gonna have to be careful about what we're doing while we would encounter one of these species, otherwise we might not be able to beat them.

Last question, does the Pachyderm also engage in stealth operations, like he's tasked to just kill the guards and let their Commander do the thing, like hacking the system and then retreat? If so, that would be really cool, yet he really needs to use cloaking system, yet you said that he uses only fists.

To answer your question, yes. The Pachyderm does participate in stealth operations, but only semi-stealth operations. By that, I mean operations that rely on stealth first and then simply become a "kill all enemies in any way" kind of mission that doesn't rely on stealth. (For example, Larcen Scouts sneak in and disable a Civil Security outpost's defense systems so that a platoon of Larcenians can attack it without heavy casualties/having to break in by less convenient means.)
hmm today i will ᴄ̶̠̩̑̍̾̂̾̀̏͘ᴏ̷̳̜͔̺̩͚̖̉̕͝ɴ̶̡̡̲̟̘̪̊̎͜ꜱ̸̗̞̻̙̣͔͓̼̔̇͑̈́͐̔ᴜ̷̼͊͑̒͛̉̈́̔̉̕̕ᴍ̸̨̺͇͖̪͊̽̐͊̓̉͂͝ͅᴇ̴̛̭̖̮̐͒̔̋͠ my infant son
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby GhostX5 » 9 September 2017, 12:34

Now that's really awesome! Plus, Eric added grabbing, throwing and punching, that would be a lot more useful for the Pachyderm, since it only uses it's fists to fight. Looks like it would be a great idea to engage in hand-to-hand combat to a Pachyderm, once if you had shot it's trunk off.
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 September 2017, 20:55

Why would this faction have immature names for weapons when the English language would be completely foreign and unknown to them to have names derived from it? And if humans named them, then why would they break professionalism and thus their character and name it so?

As for allying with the Usurpations, how would that work? If you're trying to conquer planets, you don't want any allies since that will just keep competition and thus an obstacle towards your goal. Destroying planets conflict with the objective of taking them so the two factions' objectives can't coexist together
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby tehswordninja » 11 September 2017, 02:43

New factions are always nice but I don't really understand the point behind their weapon names, just seems really out of place.

I think it'd be more interesting for them to be a hired mercenary faction used by the usurpations rather than a faction on par with the usurpations who want to dominate everything (even though they ally with the usurpations?)
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby maxim12 » 25 September 2017, 19:47

Cant you already create new "Factions" with the help of the Skin/Character editor that will be Implented in Plazma Burst 2.5?
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 9 October 2017, 18:26

Hikarikaze wrote:Why would this faction have immature names for weapons when the English language would be completely foreign and unknown to them to have names derived from it? And if humans named them, then why would they break professionalism and thus their character and name it so?

As for allying with the Usurpations, how would that work? If you're trying to conquer planets, you don't want any allies since that will just keep competition and thus an obstacle towards your goal. Destroying planets conflict with the objective of taking them so the two factions' objectives can't coexist together

These are some good points, I can explain them real quick.

First of all, the names of the weapons. The Larcenians are very unprofessional, so they traditionally name their weapons obnoxious words. Why? Well, they change their type of weapons every planet to keep an upper hand on most creatures they face, and thus they learn about obnoxious, rude, and annoying words in a species' language so that they can mock them by naming their weapons with those words.

Then, allying with the Usurpations. The reasoning behind this is because, as said before, the Larcenians are very unprofessional. As a result, they don't realize that they shouldn't be allied with the Usurps if it's in their best interest to not have competition. But, the Usurpations have a similar goal to them, so they trust them unconditionally.
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights