Update death messages on PB2 to 2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Update death messages on PB2 to 2.5

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 11 August 2017, 20:26

So I was thinking to be more creative use other killing words to describe how you killed a person instead of using eliminated all the time. IE X sniped X via sniper Player Y blasted Y via Alien shotgun Player U decommissioned player T with a Ray rifle Player Q exploded player I with a rocket launcher or via gnades, Player W stabbed Player O via swords. Something like those messages would be very nice and creative to see on 2.5. Let me know on your guys opinion about it.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Update death messages on PB2 to 2.5

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 13 August 2017, 16:11

I think this is a pretty good idea. Maybe some death messages for things that could be a new feature, like drowning.

(name) forgot to surface.
(name) is swimming with the fishes now.
(name) stayed under until the bubbles stopped.

Some screwed up stuff like that. Maybe even things for drowning in Acid.

(name) traded oxygen for acid.

But who knows? Eric Gurt is taking ideas from his fans, so stuff like this just might make it into the game. If so Eric, I have a few other death blurbs that may be of some value.

Death by sword: (player1) has been turned to sushi by (player2).
Death by explosives: (player1) is resting in pieces thanks to (player2).
Death by laser/rail weaponry: (player1) got a light show from (player2) right into them.
Death by anything: The weapons of (player1) did them no good against (player2)
Death by vertical drop: (player1) didn't free their mind.
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Ayano » 14 August 2017, 11:01

That could be nice...
But like my god I wonder how long will the Death message be with those people with ridiculously long names.
But I would personally prefer seeing some sort of image of the gun
like "Player 1 [Insert Gun Image here] Player 2"
or "[Fall Icon] Player 1" You kinda get the point.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 14 August 2017, 22:54

Ayano wrote:That could be nice...
But like my god I wonder how long will the Death message be with those people with ridiculously long names.
But I would personally prefer seeing some sort of image of the gun
like "Player 1 [Insert Gun Image here] Player 2"
or "[Fall Icon] Player 1" You kinda get the point.

Oh yeah gun/ fall icons that be cool to, Ive seen other gaming medias use that pretty cool.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby GhostX5 » 14 August 2017, 23:13

For the death messages, I think this would be a good idea.

Problems are, the long usernames get in the way of death messages, so I think Eric should be using the player's login name rather than the nickname (which is that some players have long nicknames). And instead of saying the name of the weapon, Eric should use the icon of the current weapon you're using. Same thing with grenades, and melee weapons like the PSI Blades.

Like this:

https://m.imgur.com/r/GlobalOffensive/cIXMSzv
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 15 August 2017, 00:11

GhostX5 wrote:For the death messages, I think this would be a good idea.

Problems are, the long usernames get in the way of death messages, so I think Eric should be using the player's login name rather than the nickname (which is that some players have long nicknames). And instead of saying the name of the weapon, Eric should use the icon of the current weapon you're using. Same thing with grenades, and melee weapons like the PSI Blades.

Like this:

Another online MP game called Goldeneye Reloaded also used the gun icon or the if you got beat down they used the fist icon pretty good way of describing how you killed someone.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Starwars7 » 25 August 2017, 16:15

GhostX5 wrote: Problems are, the long usernames get in the way of death messages, so I think Eric should be using the player's login name rather than the nickname (which is that some players have long nicknames). And instead of saying the name of the weapon, Eric should use the icon of the current weapon you're using. Same thing with grenades, and melee weapons like the PSI Blades.

You could keep the nicknames anyway and just cut them off after a certain point. I do think we need a death message for grenades badly, even if it is just "(Player1) eliminated (Player2) via grenade" or something like that. I prefer death messages like the ones people have come up with here, though.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby GhostX5 » 26 August 2017, 09:23

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:

Like this:

Another online MP game called Goldeneye Reloaded also used the gun icon or the if you got beat down they used the fist icon pretty good way of describing how you killed someone.

It's pretty neat to have this type of feature. Yet Halo 5: Guardians also have this in Warzone, Arena, Firefight, even Infection.

I wish Eric would be using weapon icons instead of names of the weapons.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 1 September 2017, 04:05

GhostX5 wrote:
MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:

Like this:

It's pretty neat to have this type of feature. Yet Halo 5: Guardians also have this in Warzone, Arena, Firefight, even Infection.

I wish Eric would be using weapon icons instead of names of the weapons.

Well I was thinking he should use other words instead of eliminated and used the weapon icon at the same time.
MI6 AGENT 007

Return to Feedback and Insights