COD is Retiring Uplink. Why not give it to a small community

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

COD is Retiring Uplink. Why not give it to a small community

Postby Plazma World League » 2 March 2017, 08:09

For all you guys that don't follow Cod, Cod is going back to its roots, or "Boots on The Ground." So no Jetpacks, Boosting, or Exo Suits anymore. And without Jetpacks, Boosting, and Exo Suits, there's no Uplink. And we won't probably ever see an Uplink in a Current state ever again.

WHAT IS UPLINK?
Uplink is a Gamemode originated from Jetpacks/Boosting Call Of Dutys. It starts off with a drone placed in the middle of the map. It's TDM and you have to rush the drone and put it in the other Teams portal. If you throw the ball in, 1 point is added to your score. If you dunk it/Put it in the portal while holding it, or jumping into the portal while holding the ball, 2 points are added to your teams score. The Drone then resets and is place at the middle of the map again, then the cycle goes until you reach a specific score limit, Or time on the clocks runs out. This Gamemode is really good for Competitive play. And events like PWL, and PCL.

I feel that since Uplink is getting retired from Cod, and all the greatest Uplink moments will go, we should bring it to Pb2.5, or better yet we should rename it or do some fixes or changes to it.

Plazma World League
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: COD is Retiring Uplink. Why not give it to a small commu

Postby DoomWrath » 3 March 2017, 06:19

I honestly don't feel that a feature from an overpriced, overrated, dying major game series should be copied and on PB2/PB2.5, with the game forced to work around the game-mode when development time can be put into creating game-modes that more people than the apparently silent sliver of the community that is the PB2 "competitive community" as you call it.

From the description you've given, there's something to do with a drone and a portal, and somehow you have to put a drone in a portal? And then there's a ball? Might work in CoD, with a 3D map, but in 2D I think it'll just cause maps to become long and drawn out on the X axis.

And this is before you consider the potential copyright incidents that could follow from blatantly ripping off someone else's intellectual property for commercial or semi-commercial use (EG in a flash game on a site with advertisements).

As nice as it is to have more game modes, this doesn't seem like the right way to go about doing it.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby jdc55 » 4 March 2017, 02:51

DoomWrath wrote:I honestly don't feel that a feature from an overpriced, overrated, dying major game series should be copied and on PB2/PB2.5, with the game forced to work around the game-mode when development time can be put into creating game-modes that more people than the apparently silent sliver of the community that is the PB2 "competitive community" as you call it.

From the description you've given, there's something to do with a drone and a portal, and somehow you have to put a drone in a portal? And then there's a ball? Might work in CoD, with a 3D map, but in 2D I think it'll just cause maps to become long and drawn out on the X axis.

And this is before you consider the potential copyright incidents that could follow from blatantly ripping off someone else's intellectual property for commercial or semi-commercial use (EG in a flash game on a site with advertisements).

As nice as it is to have more game modes, this doesn't seem like the right way to go about doing it.

Cod isn't a dying game. It's been the Top seller the last 4 to 5 years. Is that dying to you? Just because it has Jetpacks doesn't mean its dying. Uplink I think would be good for Pb2.5 considering this is a boosting game
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby chrissty33 » 4 March 2017, 02:56

jdc55 wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:I honestly don't feel that a feature from an overpriced, overrated, dying major game series should be copied and on PB2/PB2.5, with the game forced to work around the game-mode when development time can be put into creating game-modes that more people than the apparently silent sliver of the community that is the PB2 "competitive community" as you call it.

Cod isn't a dying game. It's been the Top seller the last 4 to 5 years. Is that dying to you? Just because it has Jetpacks doesn't mean its dying. Uplink I think would be good for Pb2.5 considering this is a boosting game

Isn't Uplink just a retarded version of 1-flag CTF? Why even bring CoD into this?

And do you have a link to anything that says CoD has been a top seller? Any sources or something I can see?
chrissty33
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby jdc55 » 4 March 2017, 04:07

chrissty33 wrote:
jdc55 wrote:

Isn't Uplink just a retarded version of 1-flag CTF? Why even bring CoD into this?

And do you have a link to anything that says CoD has been a top seller? Any sources or something I can see?

Uplink is nothing like CTF. Bro go somewhere. And look up "Top selling games of 2010-2015" Cod shows up first for all 5 of those years.
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 March 2017, 04:22

jdc55 wrote:Uplink is nothing like CTF. Bro go somewhere. And look up "Top selling games of 2010-2015" Cod shows up first for all 5 of those years.

Uplink is literally 1 flag CTF with the ability to pass the "flag" to other people. Play 1FCTF on CoD: BO2 and tell me they're not similar at all

Take the 12 year olds' parents out of the equation for top selling games as well. CoD doesn't stand a chance without the fanboys feeding Activision's pockets. Infinite Warfare may have been the best selling game in 2016, but it sold less compared to other games in the same franchise and even MWR couldn't keep it at the top where BO2 and AW was at.

Also Uplink out of all the competitive modes out there? Did you look through all the other possible modes out there? HQ and Fracture are decent modes that could be good templates for a new gamemode and the former is just a modified King of the Hill

I do like the blatant ripping off from CoD though, both the event and this idea specifically
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby jdc55 » 4 March 2017, 04:53

Hikarikaze wrote:
jdc55 wrote:Uplink is nothing like CTF. Bro go somewhere. And look up "Top selling games of 2010-2015" Cod shows up first for all 5 of those years.

Uplink is literally 1 flag CTF with the ability to pass the "flag" to other people. Play 1FCTF on CoD: BO2 and tell me they're not similar at all

Take the 12 year olds' parents out of the equation for top selling games as well. CoD doesn't stand a chance without the fanboys feeding Activision's pockets. Infinite Warfare may have been the best selling game in 2016, but it sold less compared to other games in the same franchise and even MWR couldn't keep it at the top where BO2 and AW was at.

Also Uplink out of all the competitive modes out there? Did you look through all the other possible modes out there? HQ and Fracture are decent modes that could be good templates for a new gamemode and the former is just a modified King of the Hill

I do like the blatant ripping off from CoD though, both the event and this idea specifically

Uplink and BO2 CTF was nothing alike. BO2's CTF was the same as every cods CTF. Uplink has nothing to do with a Flag. CTF you you cant throw, pass, nor reset a drone. CTF, you just get the flag and try to cap. Uplink, you get the drone, pass, throw it in the portal, or dunk it. Two completely different things. But I doubt Uplink will show up in PB2.5
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 March 2017, 05:15

jdc55 wrote:Uplink and BO2 CTF was nothing alike. BO2's CTF was the same as every cods CTF. Uplink has nothing to do with a Flag. CTF you you cant throw, pass, nor reset a drone. CTF, you just get the flag and try to cap. Uplink, you get the drone, pass, throw it in the portal, or dunk it. Two completely different things. But I doubt Uplink will show up in PB2.5

1 flag CTF existed only in BO2 and MW2 so that point is invalid. Not to mention 1 flag CTF and Uplink both follow the same concept. An object spawns in the middle of the map, one team obtains it, and they capture it at the enemy's base. It doesn't matter if it's a drone or a flag if the object being fought over is treated the same exact way. Two very similar things. You don't even have to pass in Uplink; it can be played exactly like regular CTF

Uplink gives you 2 methods to do the same thing you would do in CTF, which is scoring. It's a modified version of 1 flag CTF and my point still stands. Stating otherwise is like saying that SnR and SnD are completely different because SnD doesn't deal with respawns

And of course Uplink won't appear in PB2.5, especially since it's just a carbon copy of CTF with accommodations to advanced movement, and a blatant ripoff to CoD's gamemode. Normal CTF is better off being a gamemode for a game like PB2.5
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby GhostX5 » 21 March 2017, 23:24

Boy, my first time hearing things like this. I disagree for a gamemode from COD to be implemented in PB2.5. I kind of liked the idea, but I don't like it. At least Call Of Duty is going back to it's roots (Back to Modern Warfare times, right), I'm more of a fan of Modern War times, but too much futuristic stuff is not my forte (Not hating on PB2.5, Halo or Destiny).

I agree with Hik, a normal CTF is better off being a gamemode for a game like PB2.5. It's pretty risky to get a gamemode which is a complete ripoff.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Breni1111 » 16 July 2017, 13:40

Uplink does sound good but I think that it shouldn't be exactly the same. It would need to have maps specifically handpicked to be able to play it for starters, maps which are glitch free. They would need to add specific types of approval such as: Approval for uplink, approval for team deathmatch, approval for deathmatch, etc.
Breni1111
Recruit

Return to Feedback and Insights