Editing + Deleting chat messages

Give us your feedback about the Chat! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Editing + Deleting chat messages

Postby TheGhostSniper » 21 March 2016, 15:22

The title pretty much explains everything. In the chat we have at this day, Staff can only edit or delete sent messages. So my idea is to have users be able to edit their own sent messages.
Leave some feedback, if you want. I highly suggest you to leave feedback, it's worth it.
Riot Facts: #001
Spoiler: Show More
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Editing + Deleting chat messages

Postby Alica » 21 March 2016, 15:40

Moonhawk wrote:What if someone gets warned and edits it so it looks like the staff did it for no reason?

That is exactly why i wouldn't want such a feature for the chat.
People can't even use the karma system in an appropriate way, adding such a feature would make the chat even more kaotic.
Hence why it's a NO from my side.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby mrblake213 » 21 March 2016, 15:41

Nah, I don't like this idea.

A guy can say a "bad" word then he could just edit it so there will be no trace of rulebreaking.

but, if the staff can know what the person wrote before and after the edit then this could work.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby TheGhostSniper » 21 March 2016, 15:49

Moonhawk wrote:What if someone gets warned and edits it so it looks like the staff did it for no reason? Other than that, sure, I'd want this idea.

Alica wrote:That is exactly why i wouldn't want such a feature for the chat.
People can't even use the karma system in an appropriate way, adding such a feature would make the chat even more kaotic.
Hence why it's a NO from my side.

To prevent these situations from happening, Staff and other users can see what the user sent before he/she edited the sent message.
Riot Facts: #001
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Alica » 21 March 2016, 15:52

TheGhostSniper wrote:To prevent these situations from happening, Staff and other users can see what the user sent before he/she edited the sent message.

What is the point of having it if you can see the history anyways?
Apart from having a "nice to have" feature.
Alica

Postby Alica » 21 March 2016, 16:52

Moonhawk wrote:Maybe you phrased something wrong and want to rephrase it? Maybe you misspelled something. Maybe you signalled the wrong person.

True.
Then again you should actually think before submiting your text into the chat but yeah. Seems fair enough even though people haven't been rousing about it, yet. :p

In the end it would still be a "nice to have" feature since it has never been needed in the past because people just post the correct thing marked with an * behind it.
Alica

Postby XgamerX657 » 27 March 2016, 12:21

Moonhawk wrote:What if someone gets warned and edits it so it looks like the staff did it for no reason? Other than that, sure, I'd want this idea.

I agree with Moonhawk.

But it's a good idea in own channel.
If an user say some bad you your OWN channel you can edit.
Ex. fuuck edit: f***

XgamerX657
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 27 March 2016, 21:46

No.

People can break the rules as much as they want and just edit the messages before being banned or before anyone can screenshot.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 March 2016, 21:47

I think for the editing one, if staff members have access on edited message logs, then I see no problem.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby XgamerX657 » 27 March 2016, 21:53

Silent Aurora wrote:I think for the editing one, if staff members have access on edited message logs, then I see no problem.

Yeah,that's will be helpful to this idea.

XgamerX657
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 27 March 2016, 22:02

XgamerX657 wrote:
Silent Aurora wrote:I think for the editing one, if staff members have access on edited message logs, then I see no problem.

Yeah,that's will be helpful to this idea.

That way we wont have people editing messages to avoid bans or other drama crap.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby SpectreSniper » 3 April 2016, 07:27

XgamerX657 wrote:

I agree with Moonhawk.

But it's a good idea in own channel.
If an user say some bad you your OWN channel you can edit.
Ex. fuuck edit: f***

assasinguy wrote:No.

People can break the rules as much as they want and just edit the messages before being banned or before anyone can screenshot.

You will be able to check what the user said before he/she edited the message.
TheGhostSniper's alt.
The secondary competitive and mapmaking account.

SpectreSniper
Recruit

Postby The Algerian Soldier » 3 April 2016, 17:51

Yes, I've get wrong many times in Chat, a mistakes that i want to correct them right now !
I'm Muslim and let 'em die !
The Algerian Soldier
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Protonoid » 26 September 2016, 13:35

xXxnoobslayerxXx7 jeff shadow wrote:yeah, i agree too, i often speak the wrong way that causes fight

Please do not necropost!
The last post was more than 60 days ago..

TOPIC LOCKED
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Chat