Community incentives program.

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Community incentives program.

Postby reject » 31 July 2023, 23:25

Incentives such as special weapons skins and player skins or in game name colors and such could be unlocked with a "battle pass" type system but instead of paying monthly you earn score based on things you do for a community score such as rating maps, playing actively, logging in consecutively, posting on forums, playing custom maps, and attending community events. This would also bring in more revenue for Eric by forcing users to website to view ads on more pages, so it can pay for itself. Older and more active players could earn more combinations of aesthetics with time than players which aren't as active. This system could also be implemented into a map approval system, with more players being having an incentive to rate maps for community score, meaning you can unapproved maps with many bad ratings and rotate highly rated maps more frequently. You could also have a page where highly rated maps are put to a critique process within the community after being screened by staff to determine approvability of the map. Players will gain community score for play testing maps, putting less stress on staff to determine quality of the map, they can just focus more on the technical side of it.

Maybe every month there can be multiple rewards such as red left arm, yellow body, crazy helmet, colored swords, with maxing out rewards being obtainable only for really active players so there is a grind to it.

Aspects of community score should take place on forums and website instead of exclusively on launcher, to increase ad revenue for developer of the game.

This could also be implemented into pb2.5
I like grapes.

reject
Recruit

Re: Community incentives program.

Postby PeacyQuack » 31 July 2023, 23:29

I dont know bro we will already have the customizable avatars and stuff for free (I mean without spending any extra effort)
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Doom1472 » 31 July 2023, 23:39

I don't want to grind PB2 just to get a green name or a red Masterchief clone lmao
Doom1472

Postby reject » 1 August 2023, 00:02

PeacyQuack wrote:I dont know bro we will already have the customizable avatars and stuff for free (I mean without spending any extra effort)

Other incentives can be good too, these are just examples.
I like grapes.

reject
Recruit

Postby mr ciaran » 2 August 2023, 04:44

19$ Fortnite card.

This could be a good idea, though I'm not sure if it would be monopolized somehow to give bad players the perks and renown of a high score or whether it would become cliquish.

A bonus I can think of besides cash money [non-existent] and cosmetics in return is just some abilities to host and announce events across matches [will be abused, so some restrictions and harsh punishments]. I think that would make the game feel a bit more alive; more people can use their prestige to coordinate match parties more directly than lobby chat or match names.

mr ciaran

Postby alj99 » 5 August 2023, 07:13

Battle pass system isn't going to be possible. Because Eric has alr expressed that most of the things are going to be possible to be made by the community, maps, skins and stuff.

We won't have a lot left to be placed as a reward for each tier. And if we force that system, it would just make it feel unrewarding or just a grindier alternative to what we can already access... for free most of the time.

You can have yourself the pvp elo or map completion elo to gain influence on map ratings and state of approval but this is imo, a bit too complex of a system. Having a general social credit score to bring in unnecessary influence on the game can be a bad thing.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby alj99 » 5 August 2023, 07:53

And slightly off topic but you can have space for ads in forums i guess. But it's not the main attraction of the game anyways so i believe you shouldn't be forcing to hold any events on the forums only.

The best shot for a sandbox game to get money is by letting the community make stuff for you, let them sell it, and then tax them.

But there's a good reason why this system is hated in Minecraft.
Minecraft Java community is already doing very awesomely with community made maps available online, skins, and the modding scene for free.
And Minecraft Bedrock introduced marketplace. And what is more than the good it brought, is the dumpsterfire it inevitably will have. Most if the front page are going to be paid and most likely, stolen, and also terrible for the cost. Some people say this system good but it inevatably brings more people that wants to make money than to make quality content.

Meanwhile in Roblox, there's a hidden stock market.

Quality control and copyright is going to be a nightmare for Eric if he tries to implement this with the resources he has or what he will have.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Website / PB2 Game