Improved Projectile Impact Details.

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Improved Projectile Impact Details.

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 5 June 2020, 23:29

It's like this:
Whenever a projectile hits an object like a wall or a door, they will create a bright white circle which quickly fades away. Now, I don't have anything against that; if that doesn't get changed, you don't have to worry about the world ending or anything.
All I'm asking for, though, is some extra detail for the projectile impacts. For example, if a bullet hits a wall, then we should see particles of the wall's material fly off. So if it's a concrete wall, then we should see some dust getting kicked up. If it hits sand, then sand flies up. If it's something like grass, then dirt flies up. With wood, you get splinters flying off. You get the idea. Additionally, depending on the type of projectile, it should affect the amount of impact it makes. If a gignormous BNG hits a wall of grass, then we should see an equally gignormous cloud of dust. Also, you may consider changing things up a bit when projectiles ricochet instead of colliding directly with objects. This'll depend on the material though.
As for the original white circle thing I mentioned at the beginning, it should get replaced by what I've suggested, but you can still keep it around for collisions with stuff like doors or vehicles and whatnot.
Anyways, I know it's a small detail, so I'm not too crazy about (despite all that I wrote over it), but small details matter too, so if this can be added in the upcoming PB game if not PB2, then that would rock.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Improved Projectile Impact Details.

Postby nightmar » 6 June 2020, 15:11

If this were to be implemented it should be the LEAST optional. That is because I suspect that it will raise lag hard. And more lag is the last thing we want right now.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Re: Improved Projectile Impact Details.

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 6 June 2020, 16:53

nightmar wrote:If this were to be implemented it should be the LEAST optional. That is because I suspect that it will raise lag hard. And more lag is the last thing we want right now.

Of course.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to Website / PB2 Game