Map Rating Requirements

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Map Rating Requirements

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 8 May 2020, 21:58

Alright, there's a lot I like about PB2, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is whether or not you can rate/review maps depends on your multiplayer stats (at least I think it does, but do correct me if I'm wrong). It doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't that be dependent on stuff like your level developer rank, or maybe even your experience level? I've had an account for more than a year now, I'm online almost every day, or at least once every week, and I'm still "too new to rate or review maps." And since I'm not all that great at MP, it may be a while before I can start rating. Plus, it lags a lot, and sometimes there's no one on the servers, so that definitely doesn't help.
Meanwhile, you got people with 0 LDR going around rating maps because they have a 3+ KDR in ranked multiplayer.
No offense to anyone, but are these the people who should be rating the custom maps? I appreciate and admire their effort and skill in multiplayer, but playing a map is just not quite the same as making one. I suppose a person who plays MP a lot will know what to look for when rating a multiplayer map, but what about singleplayer maps? That's an entirely different field.
Anyways, I hope you agree. And if you can, enlighten me on the wisdom behind this decision.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Map Rating Requirements

Postby mrblake213 » 8 May 2020, 22:19

The reason why map rates are limited to people who've had 200+ kills is to avoid abusing it using alternative accounts.
But perhaps we can also change it so that people with either 200+ kills or 10 LDr can start rating maps.

Try going into approved matches, I think you can get 200 kills under an hour.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby wolf653 » 8 May 2020, 22:26

mrblake213 wrote:The reason why map rates are limited to people who've had 200+ kills is to avoid abusing it using alternative accounts.
But perhaps we can also change it so that people with either 200+ kills or 10 LDr can start rating maps.

Try going into approved matches, I think you can get 200 kills under an hour.

very good solution ESPECIALLY WHEN THE RANKED MATCHES ARE MOSTLY EMPTY
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ditzy » 8 May 2020, 22:32

mrblake213 wrote:But perhaps we can also change it so that people with either 200+ kills or 10 LDr can start rating maps.

I'd like to add that map developers with 10 LDr are already allowed to rate other maps.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Girl_Power » 8 May 2020, 22:45

Wow. Having either 200+ kills (easy peazy) or having a LDr of 10 (takes a hella long time) can enable you to start rating maps?

Here is what I think. If someone achieves one of these requirements, then they will be allowed to rate maps:

- Having 200+ kills (makes sense)
- Having LDr of 5 or higher (not that hard)
- Having level 50 or higher (seems fair)
- Playing the game for at least 3 months (if someone needs at least 3 months to be on the staff team, then how come you still can't rate after having an account for 3 months? I feel this should be a thing)

If you guys have any other ideas, please share!
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mrblake213 » 8 May 2020, 23:14

Girl_Power wrote:- Playing the game for at least 3 months (if someone needs at least 3 months to be on the staff team, then how come you still can't rate after having an account for 3 months? I feel this should be a thing)

Because a person can just make 10 accounts at the same time, leave it for 3 months and then rate their maps with it.
By having the kills and the LDr requirement, they have to somewhat 'grind' for it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Girl_Power » 9 May 2020, 00:07

mrblake213 wrote:
Girl_Power wrote:- Playing the game for at least 3 months (if someone needs at least 3 months to be on the staff team, then how come you still can't rate after having an account for 3 months? I feel this should be a thing)

Because a person can just make 10 accounts at the same time, leave it for 3 months and then rate their maps with it.
By having the kills and the LDr requirement, they have to somewhat 'grind' for it.

Blake, even if your alts are capable of rating maps, the server can track which accounts belong to who by using their IP. Don't ask me how I know but IP tracking is how the server knows if one account belongs to another.

Take Civil Lite for example, when he rated one of my map using both of his accounts, it still counts as one vote because the IP is the same. So it doesn't matter if someone waits for 3 months, they still can't add more rates due to the IP tracking.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wolf653 » 9 May 2020, 00:19

Girl_Power wrote:
mrblake213 wrote:

Blake, even if your alts are capable of rating maps, the server can track which accounts belong to who by using their IP. Don't ask me how I know but IP tracking is how the server knows if one account belongs to another.

Take Civil Lite for example, when he rated one of my map using both of his accounts, it still counts as one vote because the IP is the same. So it doesn't matter if someone waits for 3 months, they still can't add more rates due to the IP tracking.
yeah honestly this can affect if people will want to play your map they can still see the rates some people judge a map by overall opinion if its obvious its a alt then yeah
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 9 May 2020, 00:37

Also, the website doesn't explicitly tell you the requirements for rating maps. It just says that you're too new, and I think that's really misleading. It doesn't matter if your account is 10 minutes or 10 years old, if you don't meet the LDR or kill count requirements, then no rating for you. So instead, the website should display something like "you need x more kills in ranked to rate maps" and/or "you need an LDR of x or higher" instead of "ur 2 new 2 bad 4 u," because some people (like me) are not interested in the multiplayer, so we if we don't know that the requirements involve MP, then we won't play it. And I'll have you know that it was another user who told me the requirements for rating/reviewing maps, not the website.

So at least list the requirements in an easily accessible area.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 9 May 2020, 00:42

So this is just what I think the requirements should be:
100-200 kills in ranked MP
OR
KDR of at least 1 after getting 50 kills.
OR
LDR of at least 5 (as I'm pretty sure it gives you the title of "Level Developer")
OR
Time spent on account totals to... I don't know, anywhere from 3 days to a week is fine.

Oh, and just so we don't have random people with no experience telling mapmakers what to do, you must have made at least one map that has been rated and reviewed in addition to one of the previous requirements.

This is just my OPINION, but I hope you agree.
Last edited by Phant0mB0nnie on 9 May 2020, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby mrblake213 » 9 May 2020, 00:54

Girl_Power wrote:Blake, even if your alts are capable of rating maps, the server can track which accounts belong to who by using their IP. Don't ask me how I know but IP tracking is how the server knows if one account belongs to another.

VPN's.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby ziomke » 9 May 2020, 15:15

In my opinion, the best solution would be to have both requirements. Get level 50 or kill 200+ users, so you can also play singleplayer maps, to gain the availability to rate them.

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke

Postby Build » 11 May 2020, 00:10

Maybe u can rate maps after a month or so?
So people don't get confused with "You are too new to rate maps"
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 11 May 2020, 16:51

Like I said, the way they tell you that you are too new is really misleading. How old your account is has nothing to do with being able to rate/review maps!! Instead, they should list the actual requirements in a place where you can see them! Like on the map pages you view or on your user profile, or somewhere else that you will frequently visit.
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 11 June 2020, 21:21

Hold up. I can apparently rate maps if I play them, open the menu, and rate from there. But I still can't rate maps from the map page.
??????????????????
Anyone knows why this is so?
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to Website / PB2 Game