New System is Trashhhhh

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

New System is Trashhhhh

Postby BlvxkByrd » 30 March 2020, 15:55

This lag compensation thing or whatever it is, it doesn't work. Take it out. Not a single soul I have talked to has disagreed with that statement and it's so out of whack that anything "official" can't happen on it. PL has to be done on old multiplayer. The system insta-revives anyone I kill with a ping over 120 and insta-kills me instead. Imagine making a game that rewards you for having trash connection and where skill actually means nothing. Bravo Eric. Bravo.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: New System is Trashhhhh

Postby Girl_Power » 30 March 2020, 22:20

I'm sure there is a better way to discuss this topic without attacking the creator of this game. I'm assuming when you say "new system", you are talking about the netcode that was added into the game in the last major update in 2019.

There has been at least 5 topics made about this problem already. If you haven't noticed yet, PB2's netcode was just updated a couple of hours ago (at the time of this comment was posted).

Spoiler: Show More
"March 30, 2020: Game has been updated (slight netcode update)."
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Tempus » 31 March 2020, 02:51

Yeah which update are you talking about?

And a video helps us understand your issue more.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby BlvxkByrd » 31 March 2020, 03:01

Tempus wrote:Yeah which update are you talking about?

And a video helps us understand your issue more.

I'll throw one up later.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 31 March 2020, 16:48

The netcode from 2014-2015 was the best netcode the game ever had. The killing felt the most consistent and competition was at an all-time high. Accuracy was 97% for shots.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Super Bird » 31 March 2020, 19:22

E R I C G I B US B E S T N E T C O D E ! ! !

Super Bird
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 31 March 2020, 23:33

Star Fox McCloud wrote:The netcode from 2014-2015 was the best netcode the game ever had. The killing felt the most consistent and competition was at an all-time high. Accuracy was 97% for shots.

I couldn't agree more. I started playing back in late 2015 but made this account in 2016. The netcode in 2015 was perfection. Playing in the famous nyove-rocket with the 2015 netcode was when the map was at its peak popularity. Remember those days when you purposefully miss the rocket and hit the platform instead and then the player somehow dies? Ah good times...

Edit: Forgot to add this spoiler.
Spoiler: Show More
Game has been updated (slight netcode update that includes some of desynchronization fixes as well as newer hit detection model where player limbs get circular hitbox instead of rectangular while in-between frame states are handled more accurately).
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 1 April 2020, 00:18

The newer slight patch kind of put bandages on the update, but still, bullets go through my character along with a wierd delay I see when bullets go past my hitbox, 1-2 seconds later it finally registers, hence players asked why they get hit or die from nothing.

This new netcode, when I kill a player, there is a wierd frame/lag that happens, which feels awkward and makes me feel like I have to do more to actually kill the player.

The older netcode, when bullets hit me, THEY HIT ME lol. I see the bullets hit my character. I see my bullets hit the enemy character. It just “pops” with an animation/rag doll and the character dies instantly, it does not matter what ping the person has, it’s the same effect. There’s no wierd slow frame, the enemy just died insta and does not show any movement anymore. I don’t need to make sure to wait to kill the character AGAIN since I 100% know I killed the player, no second thoughts. This happened very rarely with very high pingers.

For competitive or PL on older netcode, you pay 100% to all the bullets that come to you, no delay.

On this new one, it does not matter if you dodge, cause the bullet will be delayed and hit you 2 seconds later even if it already went past you. So you have no idea what to do expect, you shoot and see what happens.

Sword Fighting has never been so terrible. It’s just 100% gamble to see who dies, before it was a 65% gamble. My flashy sword skill doesn’t work anymore.

Honestly this better matches with PB2.5 server side, it does not work with client side in PB2. It just doesn’t feel right. Even the physics feel very off and awkward. I wish this game just kept the fan art updates, guns, other features, but the netcode and physics were not touched at all. That’s the perfect update. Just saying.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mrblake213 » 1 April 2020, 07:15

Eric said that the new netcode will stay as it will have similarities with PB2.5 than the old net code.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby IceRGodZ » 2 April 2020, 17:08

I am mastering the netcode, it will be my new exploit. im good now x)

On second thought, guys can the old multiplayer be available to players with around 3000 kills and can keep the option forever after on the account? I want players on there man it’s empty all the time

IceRGodZ
Recruit

Postby nightmar » 26 April 2020, 02:20

I have asked this before and I'll ask again. Why do players need to have completed all levels to be able to play the old multiplayer?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby wolf653 » 26 April 2020, 03:02

nightmar wrote:I have asked this before and I'll ask again. Why do players need to have completed all levels to be able to play the old multiplayer?

i think due to some idiots wanting old players in multiplayer
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mrblake213 » 26 April 2020, 07:40

nightmar wrote:I have asked this before and I'll ask again. Why do players need to have completed all levels to be able to play the old multiplayer?

You can also access the Old Multiplayer by putting someone else's game state.
Settings & Performance > bottom right > Export game state > Paste someone else's that already completed the campaign
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby TheMeteor » 26 April 2020, 15:11

People what you dont understand... They want the game to death. its not hard to complain.
TheMeteor
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 27 April 2020, 02:03

TheMeteor wrote:People what you dont understand... They want the game to death. its not hard to complain.

Please refer to this post for Eric Gurt's own reply to this issue.
Thank you.

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23926&start=20#p208615
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Return to Website / PB2 Game