Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby Resi » 30 April 2019, 16:56

Currently, you are only given grenades when you respawn. This is however, unrewarding for players who stay alive for being good. We can easily solve this by giving them grenades after enough kills:

+1 Explosive Grenade per 2 kills.
+1 Port Nade per 3 kills.
+1 Shield Nade per 5 kills.

You can only get them in maps where they're enabled in the first place.

Also, some trigger actions:

Set disabling of grenade refilling for grenade type A.
Set enabling of grenade refilling for grenade type A.
Set grenade refilling multiplier to value A for grenade type B.
Set grenade refilling kill requirement to value A for grenade type B.
Last edited by Resi on 2 May 2019, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby phsc » 30 April 2019, 16:58

Give grenade type A to a player who kills B amount of players


much better
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Pizzeria

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 30 April 2019, 17:01

I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade
User avatar
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 13 August 2013, 16:52
Location: Greece.

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby phsc » 30 April 2019, 17:20

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade


this is already possible

you can verify if a player is dead, when he is dead you check for when he is alive again and when he is you activate a timer that deactivates when he dies
post that you can clone grenades onto a region for each player, or move them with a limit if you want syncing though i am unsure about how syncing with grenades works, if a player who joins after a player picked up a cloned grenade and stored it in his grenade bar, does these grenades exist for said player? and if they dont, will throwing a grenade throw force some form of syncing? idk
and simple as that



buuuuuuuuuuut lets make things simpler
give grenade type A to a player that survives for time amount B
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 554
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Pizzeria

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby Incompetence » 30 April 2019, 21:54

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade

you might get people trying to hide away somewhere to stock up on grenades if it works based on time spent alive, which could slow the game down. passively given rewards always encourage/force people to play passively

personally I think it'd be better to tie this to kill count. it rewards skill this way and good players won't die anyways if they manage to consistently kill other players. but more options is a good thing so why not have both actually? maps can pick neither, either or, or it could have both at once to make a map more chaotic and fun
User avatar
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 348
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby Resi » 30 April 2019, 22:20

Incompetence wrote:personally I think it'd be better to tie this to kill count. it rewards skill this way and good players won't die anyways if they manage to consistently kill other players.


Got the words out of my fingers. Nice.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Heavy Marine [900]
 
Posts: 903
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela


Return to Website / PB2 Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users