New Weapons/Skins Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby tehswordninja » 17 July 2019, 22:03

Just a reminder that once fan art submissions from the new round are accepted and in the game, users can use this topic to give their feedback on them. No sense in making a brand new thread. Here's hoping to some interesting and well-made designs making their way into the game!
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Krutz » 1 August 2019, 03:51

• move psi cutter to slot 7
  • it feels like cr-30 is too small
  • move both raider railgun and vortex to slot 8
  • the held autocannon is braced strangely (shooter's hands are just floating). it would be pretty cool if it were kept the same way, but handles were added above the cannon
  • splash animation of vortex doesnt match its splash radius because the plasmagun's splash radius is like 1/3 of the vortex's, so looks pretty weird. the weapon in general seems awkward and unsatisfying
  • i also feel like the cutter's projectile should be larger or otherwise more distinct

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby AuditorMSP » 1 August 2019, 08:57

This is on the minor side, but the Gauss Rifle could be renamed to its proper nomenclature: Gauss Rifle CS-HalfLife. It plays as an homage to the Gauss Cannon in Half Life 1.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 1 August 2019, 16:45

• homing rocket launcher is pretty good. personally I like how aggressive the tracking is on the rockets themselves.
  • I don't think the psi cutter's projectile is too small. maybe it'll be hard to notice in combat but can't say for sure yet
  • the raider railgun (?) feels fun to shoot
  • since the archetype is a slot 4 weapon, maybe make the projectiles just a little bit faster so it can compete with other slot 4 weapons a bit better. i personally think it's weird for the projectiles to travel at the same speed as the slot 3 weapon projectiles given it's a shotgun/sniper rifle hybrid. faster projectiles would better lean into the sniper rifle identity of the weapon a little bit more imo.

i'll add more if i can think of anything else
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Moonhawk » 2 August 2019, 13:57

- the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with - edit: red parts of archetype also have too faint outlines

- the blurs on the falkok rocket launcher are ugly - it looks like something a person with astigmatism would see

- CS-RageQuit and falkok rocket launcher should be renamed (at the very least the rocket launcher, why does it have gravy in the name?)

- medic pistol should heal like 100 health but have a cooldown of 10 secs or something. the current 10-20 health it gives is pretty useless

- android sniper rifle should have the black line on the cheekrest removed. The magazine and foregrip could also do with being redrawn.
Last edited by Moonhawk on 2 August 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Moonhawk
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Incompetence » 2 August 2019, 20:35

Moonhawk wrote:the outlines for the CS-GLHF are way too light and doesn't really fit in at the moment (the design itself is good though). It should also receive a burst mode similar to the grenade launchers on darkstar 1-gl since at the moment it seems too easy to kill or annoy teammates with

CS-GLHF isn't supposed to be burst fire so i disagree. i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire or a tighter grenade trajectory arc. even other ideas like changing projectile speed might help
Incompetence

Postby Krutz » 3 August 2019, 23:50

Incompetence wrote:i am however ok with it getting a reduced rate of fire

the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Incompetence » 4 August 2019, 00:22

Krutz wrote:

the GL CS-STB works exactly this way: its firerate is reduced like 4x in multiplayer

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB
Incompetence

Postby AuditorMSP » 8 August 2019, 15:01

Incompetence wrote:
Krutz wrote:

i'm aware. i meant it in a universal way, fire rate being the same for both SP and MP. however, a slow fire rate like that doesn't fit with the weapon concept. i had designed it to be a grenade launcher that you just unload and suppress a position with. i'd rather not have the gun have two different fire rates across different modes; it'd be inconsistent and won't fit the theme imo

i mean, changing the fire rate isn't the only way to change the weapon either. i'd prefer if something other than fire rate was changed, though i'm also open to a slight fire rate reduction if it's really necessary as long as it's not a painfully slow rate of fire like the CS-STB

Personally, there are two ways that I can think of for tweaking the GLHF.

1. Give it a RoF delay of 1.0 - 1.5 seconds, but give the grenade explosion a little more 'oomph' to it (around 3.5 in projectile power).

2. Keep the current RoF and its explosion power, but have it behave similarly to the LitBro vehicle rocket cannon. It has to reload after 5 - 6 shots no matter what (unlike the Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage). Also, have it's explosive power affected with upgrades.

It's up to you man.

Also, I think the 'GL' from GLHF should be removed. It seems redundant since the 'grenade launcher' part is already listed.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 8 August 2019, 18:57

AuditorMSP wrote:Personally, there are two ways that I can think of for tweaking the GLHF.

1. Give it a ROF delay of 1.0 - 1.5 seconds, but give the grenade explosion a little more 'oomph' to it (around 3.5 in projectile power).

2. Keep the current ROF and its explosion power, but have it behave similarly to the LitBro vehicle rocket cannon. It has to reload after 5 - 6 shots no matter what (unlike the Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage). Also, have it's explosive power affected with upgrades.

It's up to you man.

Also, I think the 'GL' from GLHF should be removed. It seems redundant since the 'grenade launcher' part is already listed.

i'd rather tweak its blast radius rather than damage directly. perhaps reduce the blast radius considerably so the grenade has to be closer to the target and prioritize better aiming. let the grenade impact do the most damage instead of having the splash damage do most of the work. personally i like the RoF as it is. you can blanket a specific area in grenades but atm the grenades have a blast radius that makes that intended strategy a little too strong.

also GL doesn't stand for grenade launcher. GLHF = good luck have fun. it's just another one of those cheeky names CS weapons normally have, like "spam them baby" and "yippee ki yay." fun fact, i had designed the weapon around the name rather than the other way around. i don't feel as though any other name would fit the weapon in all honesty.

now on the other hand, the archetype 27XX needs serious re-tuning. idk why it's behaving like a shotgun when it's not supposed to be a shotgun primarily. the changes it's received since i made my last post here don't make sense nor do they fit the weapon and should be reverted. all it needed was slightly faster bullets that are still slower than sniper rifle bullets and zero penetration. it's a slot 4 weapon able to be used as a shotgun, which is why it also has a weak spot in slot 3; that's its intended purpose, a precision sniper rifle that can also double as a shotgun due to its multi-shot. rn, it's too much like a slot 3 and directly competes more with that slot instead of directly competing with slot 4. it needs to revert and add all of these changes it's received:

• damage needs to be reverted back to its original iteration if the weapon atm doesn't have a damage profile similar to other slot 4s (by that, i mean it's supposed to have a competing TTK with other slot 4s instead of any other slot). personally i found the damage to be fine at longer ranges where this weapon is intended to be used. unlike other slot 4s that pack all its high damage/DPS in one bullet, archetype divided its damage into each projectile which I thought was fair enough to me. during playtests, i had also found single shot slot 4s to be much more consistent in damage than the archetype at longer range.
  • projectile spread needs to be much more tight again. why it's worse is beyond me and is completely against the point of the weapon. this change skews it too much towards the shotgun half of its identity and ignores the more important and primary sniper rifle half. again, this is a precision weapon that's supposed to compete directly with other slot 4s while having a weird and weak spot in slot 3, not the other way around. higher spread makes damage inconsistent at long range and makes it harder to kill at longer ranges compared to other slot 4s
  • projectile speed needs to be faster than other weapons that shoot bullets but slower than sniper rifles. let sniper rifles have the advantage of faster projectiles while the archetype's bullets are faster than other weapons. it has the same speed as shotgun projectiles which doesn't really fit.
  • projectiles need to have zero penetration. this is something i also wanted the weapon to have. it was supposed to be a line of sight weapon; whatever its laser picks up is what you can kill. sniper rifles should be able to counter the archetype by piercing through cover. wall penetration is something i don't envision the archetype having. hiding behind cover would instantly shut down the archetype's high damage and decent rate of fire which i think is a fair counter-strategy that makes sense. behind cover, you'd be able to track the sniper's location as well through its laser while the sniper wouldn't be able to get a hit on you despite the weapon's power (referencing its original damage values)

ideally, its damage problem can be fixed through reverse damage falloff but i'm not sure if such a thing exists. currently its current iteration is not what the archetype is meant to be. it's just a glorified shotgun with a threat detector atm and that's far from what it's supposed to be. i hope people realize that balancing the archetype is much harder than it looks because it's incredibly easy to ruin the weapon by focusing on one half of its identity. these changes treated the gun as a shotgun and thus ruined its role as a sniper rifle. increase the spread for instance and it's terrible as a slot 4 precision rifle. make the damage too high and it's a much more powerful slot 3 without even being a slot 3 while it does fine as a slot 4 at longer ranges. the original iteration was close to perfect aka how the weapon was supposed to behave and just needed to add in the faster bullets + 0 penetration. damage is a different story but these changes are supposed to fix how the weapon feels and behaves.
Incompetence

Postby AuditorMSP » 9 August 2019, 11:31

Incompetence wrote:i'd rather tweak its blast radius rather than damage directly. perhaps reduce the blast radius considerably so the grenade has to be closer to the target and prioritize better aiming. let the grenade impact do the most damage instead of having the splash damage do most of the work. personally i like the RoF as it is. you can blanket a specific area in grenades but atm the grenades have a blast radius that makes that intended strategy a little too strong.

also GL doesn't stand for grenade launcher. GLHF = good luck have fun. it's just another one of those cheeky names CS weapons normally have, like "spam them baby" and "yippee ki yay." fun fact, i had designed the weapon around the name rather than the other way around. i don't feel as though any other name would fit the weapon in all honesty.

Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

Gahhh, having too much fun thinking up some names for these.

AuditorMSP
Recruit

Postby Incompetence » 10 August 2019, 00:39

AuditorMSP wrote:Ahh, so that's what that acronym meant. Not that I have anything against 'GLHF', but how about 'KnockYsOut' as an alternative name?

not sure how that name would fit. personally GLHF is meant to poke fun cheekily at both the shooter and its target: "good luck" to whoever's getting bombarded by grenades, and "have fun" for both the person shooting and getting shot (it's a game after all). automatic weapons that you can just unload and blast people to pieces with are always fun to use hence why that specific phrase was chosen as its name, much like the other grenade launcher's name "spam them baby."

a silly fun little name for a silly fun little weapon basically. there's always a reason as to why i name my weapons a certain name; it often ties in with the lore i write for those weapons as well. in this case, i only made the CS-GLHF an automatic impact-based grenade launcher because it was a fun idea that fit the name. honestly i can't see the GLHF with a different name, it was pretty much designed to embody that phrase specifically only. i can't see it belong outside of the CS faction either because the only faction to use silly and cheeky names like this is CS lol. renaming it would be like calling an apple an orange imo, wouldn't feel right calling it something else unless the whole weapon and its concept got changed
Incompetence

Postby nightmar » 10 August 2019, 14:54

I noticed that people add their opininons about the weapons so I'ma do the same thing.

1) CS-autocannon I like the idea of having a small autocannon as a weapon. It's damage, fire rate and accuracy make it a reliable weapon and pretty much what I expected from the first CS rocket launcher.

2) Crossfire Vortex. Looks ncie and has a really cool projectile. However taking in mind it's fire rate and prjectile speed (if I am not mistaken it's energy so it is the slowest possible) I'd say it needs a serious buff in it's power.

3) PSI cutter. This weapon is absolutely great. Undoubtely one of the best upcoming weapons. It's fire rate and power fit prefectly and I love the idea of it's prjectile being able to reflect on walls like that without harming it's user.

4) android sniper rifle. This weapon is awesome. I find the idea of a 2 round rapid sniper rifle great and it's projectile is just beautiful. it's damage and fire rate alos fit the design.

5) Assault Rifle CR-30. Very nice. Pretty much I think this is how CS-Combat Rifle should be like for players to use it at MP. I think it would be better if it had just a bit higher power but I am not a rifle expert so I am not sure if that would mmake it OP.

6) Heavy Sniper CS-ragequit. Gotta love the ragequit into the gun's name. I love the design of the gun and pretty much everything about it. I like the idea of it being stronger than the other CS sniper rifle (since it's a long range heavy weapon it oughts to be powerful and slow).

7) Shotgun NXS-25. The design is cool and the shotgun itself is very good. Finally a shotgun that has a more realistic feature in it: It is quite slow but can blast an enemy to the heavens. The power is incredible but along with the fire rate make the weapon balanced.

8) Archetype 27XX. Now the design looks good but I find the weapon's fuction a bit off. the gun has a laser sight allowing players to notice enemies at a large distance something used for long range weapons. However the archetype is a fast spread type weapon which makes me see the laser sight as kinda useless since the weapon seems more suitable for mid/close range combat. Even if used for long range it won't be as effective as other long range snipers since the enemies having received low damage from the first shot will immediatly notice the sniper (most sniper rifles are oftenly used for their ability to 1 shot an enemy from a safe distance).

9) Marksman Rifle CS-RM. This is a very good weapon. It's strong but not too strong and slow but not too slow(in my opinion the alien rifle should be more like that to be used more often).

10) Raider Railgun Mk1. Finally a new rail projectile and a new nice railgun. It's quick and accurate making it a good replacement for rifles and more reliable for quick rail battles than lite railgun. It's design also looks awesome.

11) Medic Pistol. A long range defibrilator which I am pretty sure that also restores health to allies. Even though I ahve not tried it I'd say it looks kinda weak and if someone uses it when dying should be cautious about where they will aim.

12) Grenade Launcher CS-GLHF. Finally a grenade launcher with grenades that blow on impact with everything. I love this idea. I also believe that it's fire rate is good taking into consideration the fire rate of the CS grenade launcher.

13) falkonian anti-gravity rocket launcher. Who doesn't love homing missles? They are very well made with their velocity being neither too high nor too low.The projectile and weapons design also look cool. The weapon's power is low but it's only fair if you take in mind the fire rate and the projectile ability.

14) Rocket Launcher CS-Barrage. When I look at a weapon like Barrage I expect it to have high power and low fire rate (since the reload is 4 rockets) and not the opposite. Don't you think it's kinda off it have low power and high fire rate when the weapon fires 4 rockets? Other than that the weapon design looks cool even though i'd like the projectiles to look bigger (but since the weapon is quite weak they are ok I guess).

15) Plasma Shotgun. YES. A SHOTGUN THAT FIRE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T BULLETS. Took people long enough to make one. The design is prefect(when I first saw it I couldn't wait to get my hands on it). I still think it should have a CS next to it's name since plasmagun was also created by the CS.

16) Android Shotgun.The design looks great (I bet people will use it as a moded gun to work differently as well since the design would fit many weapon classes). It's projectiles, fire rate and spree degrees make it look quite strong however I ahve not seen much of it yet.

wow 17 new guns. Nice ( I did not add an opinion about the vehicle gun since I pay more attention to infantry)

BTW is it me or does the experimental version of the falkok grenade launcher work differently (I fired it and it shot 3 small orange glowing projectiles that stick into walls while in the sable version it still works the same)?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Incompetence » 10 August 2019, 16:31

nightmar wrote:5) Assault Rifle CR-30. Very nice. Pretty much I think this is how CS-Combat Rifle should be like for players to use it at MP. I think it would be better if it had just a bit higher power but I am not a rifle expert so I am not sure if that would mmake it OP.

originally the CR-30 did deal more damage per shot. it wasn't broken per se but it was definitely too powerful when paired with its high accuracy and rate of fire. atm its power is at a decent spot. as long as you can land headshots or your bursts consistently, you can outpace and beat plenty of weapons. its rate of fire and accuracy makes the weapon incredibly strong, even with a lower projectile power.

nightmar wrote:Archetype 27XX. Now the design looks good but I find the weapon's fuction a bit off.

this is because the weapon got butchered for whatever reason and was balanced as a shotgun rather than a sniper rifle, even though these changes not only ruined the weapon but imbalanced its identity and role incredibly. its current iteration is a mistake that ignores key points regarding the weapon

nightmar wrote:BTW is it me or does the experimental version of the falkok grenade launcher work differently (I fired it and it shot 3 small orange glowing projectiles that stick into walls while in the sable version it still works the same)?

update isn't live yet on the actual build of the game so the grenade launcher will behave differently.
Incompetence

Re: New Weapons/Skins Feedback

Postby boom5 » 27 August 2019, 01:40

Sticky grenades for the falkok grenade launcher was a great suggestion.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” - Patrick Henry
boom5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Incompetence » 27 August 2019, 02:56

still going to reiterate that the archetype 27xx needs re-tuning. rn it's not worthy of being in slot 4 because it doesn't compete with that slot at all. it's directly competing more with slot 3 which to me doesn't make sense. it behaves too much like a shotgun.

i think having bullet speed set to 90 (current speed is 60 and CS sniper rifle speed is 120) is a good place to start to make it more like the slot 4 it's intended to be. 90 is an okay compromise to me considering this is both a sniper rifle and a shotgun at once atm. 90 bullet speed embraces the high-speed projectile nature all slot 4s have, but it's still outclassed by the CS sniper in terms of precision and bullet speed, and it outpaces typical slot 3s in terms of bullet speed. tightening its spread to its original iteration would also make it closer to what was originally intended: precise but not single-point precise. i don't find those changes to be too powerful; like I said, many other weapons can still beat it. CS sniper is more precise and much faster in bullet speed, same with all railgun-class weapons. needle is much more precise so headshots are much more consistent. archetype, even with lower spread, wouldn't be 100% consistent in headshots. its only unique factor would be its multi-shot and its ability to deal damage to both the head and body if aimed correctly, which would make the weapon slightly more forgiving and less punishing.

CS-GLHF: well, it could use a bit smaller blast radius. when i was designing the weapon, i wanted its skill curve to be based more on aiming, where grenade impacts did most of the work. i don't want people landing grenades 7-10 blocks away and dealing crazy damage, something like 1-2 blocks away was what I had in mind. let the CS grenade launcher have the larger blast radius out of the two non-sticky GLs. its fire rate would also make the weapon forgiving if you miss. also making it CS feels pretty redundant now but its current design makes it next to impossible to make it non-CS. there are plenty of CS weapons being added in which is further diluting the weapon pool unnecessarily with CS-affiliated weaponry; CS-GLHF was one of the first weapons that was CS and added in but now there's a slowly growing longer line behind it. i have a visual rework concept ready for it to fit my new OEDA faction. rn i don't want to contribute to a dilution of CS weapons and instead want to give it a different identity. this would be a fantastic introductory weapon for that faction in the meantime until the next submission event where i'd have more stuff made and ready for the faction.

PH-40: this gun triggers my destiny 1 PTSD (ffs d1y1 thorn all over again; it even has an eerily similar but still slightly slower fire rate and green DoT bullets). it's in an interesting spot atm. it does decent DPS because of its rof and collective damage + DoT damage. insanely powerful against <200 HP enemies, and decent against really high HP enemies (constant damage and DoT damage is useful in stopping/preventing HP regen). you'd arguably need less shots to kill a high HP target compared to other slot 4s because of its DPS and damage over time, which compounds with each shot landed, which in turn allows the damage over time effect to last longer. i'm pretty sure those alone make it stronger than even the heavy railgun, which has a drawback of having a slow reload.

CR-30: i have no issue with the weapon. i only want it renamed to "OEDA CR-30 AR" so it fits my OEDA faction lol. blame me for retconning my own lore for my weapons (then again, i never assigned the CR-30 to anyone in particular up until now). not necessary but it'd keep things consistent in terms of naming nomenclature. it'll justify its not-so-futuristic look somewhat too and it won't be factionless anymore.

CS-IK: why is it CS but i won't complain if it's under my faction
Incompetence

Postby Roxxar » 27 August 2019, 05:59

creator of the falkok grenade launcher here

i actually love the idea of sticky grenades. i didnt even suggest that, but its a great change that i think can make it really stand out gameplay-wise from every other new grenade/rocket launcher in-game now.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby storm8472 » 19 September 2019, 06:10

I think making a weapon toxic should be a trigger and not projectile model based.

Based on how it currently is the capabilities are reduced a lot.
The other thing is that the toxic grenade launcher seems kind of wierd, the bng-like effect at the start should have the projectile glow or something like that, or be removed, and the projectile explosion radius should be increased.

storm8472
Recruit

Previous

Return to Website / PB2 Game