New Weapons Demo Feedback

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: skin editor

Postby yi en » 12 March 2018, 11:16

dixiedog wrote:I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.

sort of yes but at this stage it's almost impossible.
(let's say about the budget of a website which gives player creativity mind. It gonna cost some money.)
A 2012~2015 map developer, who just retired in late 2015, waiting for PB 2.5 Alpha version of map editor and tried to learn them all :D
when PB 2.5 exist, the on planning SP map (The eagle's journey) will start developing.
yi en
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: New Weapons Demo Feedback

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 18 March 2018, 00:24

kjs brother wrote:This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png

How did you get the sniper, and whats the id of sniper?
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: skin editor

Postby silverteen11 » 19 March 2018, 03:36

dixiedog wrote:I think we as the faithful players should be able to go on the website and create our own guns,skins,exct. If you agree please reply.

Easier said than done rookie.

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
kjs brother wrote:This sniper is looks like updated guys but it won't show at map editor i bet is updated now https://i.imgur.com/sEUh5xP.png

How did you get the sniper, and whats the id of sniper?

It's the old usurpation sniper rifle.
silverteen11
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 21 May 2018, 06:12

Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby silverteen11 » 22 May 2018, 01:36

Civil security lite 12054 wrote:Pistols are somewhat much more lethal than SMGs. Unload 10 rounds into 130 hp enemy if you are using SMG. 4 rounds for those who uses C-01P or CS-Pro.

Even in Max teabag-mmo_arena. Ppls can still kill you easily with pistols only.

Good. The pistols still have some value then.
silverteen11

Postby Build » 22 May 2018, 07:56

should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound
Build
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby silverteen11 » 22 May 2018, 11:39

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Why? I'm fine having a similar gun like that one but more unique, and Eric said sounds aren't easy because of critical game size.

Also, guns can have copyright.
silverteen11

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 May 2018, 07:08

Build wrote:should have replaced the AV-135 TO AK-47 texture and sound

Certain guns have their names licensed, which isn't easy to get for use in a game. Even AAA games sometimes struggle to acquire licensing/permission to use a gun's exact and actual name. It's best for an obscure game like this to avoid getting into copyright troubles even though fairly unknown indie developers won't get targeted as much as a big company would
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Whyme » 23 May 2018, 11:53

I'm personally unsure what I should think about the weapons or even community-content in general. My personal opinion is this: As long as the community gets involved into the game's development, everything is nice. Mods, own sprites, level editor, character creation... As long as everyone who creates something also gets it into the game in some degree, it's also fine. But if it goes towards competition and exclusion of "bad" designs it simply turns into frustration since people put effort into creating something but not being able to get it into the game. And if I remember correctly the weapons we have now were part of a huge contest.

To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

Some Re-Balance should be done, most definitely. But with the fact in the back of my mind that only a bit of the sweat and effort was actually converted into some usable things, I personally prefer using the old weapons and I will continue only using the old weapons. And if there's some old weapons that also were created by the community, then first I wasn't aware of it and secondly I don't really care now anymore anyways.

Whyme
Recruit

Postby silverteen11 » 23 May 2018, 20:00

Whyme wrote:To the weapons in general I can say I personally like the weapon designs and the weapon ideas. The balance wasn't met too greatly as the Alien sniper rifle as example surpasses the Heavy Rail gun in many aspects. I mean the headshot-damage of the Heavy Railgun is about 300 damage, the Alien sniper rifle was able to kill an enemy with a headshot who had 350 health while wielding a lower recharge rate.

I think this is ok, if you want a weaker and slower slot 4 put the Heavy Railgun, if you want a faster and more powerful one use the Usurpation Sniper Rifle.

You have to remember that game balance is also heavily in the hands of map makers, for example, there can be a map where there are 3 Heavy Railguns and 1 Usurpation Sniper Rifle, this adds some kind of fighting over having better weaponry.
silverteen11

Previous

Return to Website / PB2 Game