Ranked matches ping limits should be raised !!!!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Ranked matches ping limits should be raised !!!!

Postby Skillz_ » 9 January 2018, 16:50

Hey all,

So lets get straight into this, after playing this game for a couple of years there has been many faults within the system that has been patched up the most recent being the "railwars" incident and here i am with another flaw that in many eyes is unfair as it isn't allowing us to engage with all aspects within the game, that aspect being ranked games. This has been a problem for many EU players. Now i know what many of you are thinking "EU players can play ranked so whats this guys point" So to explain what i am trying to say let me tell you a little story about my self that many other EU players have faced which has lead them to giving up on playing ranked games.

So i started playing ranked around three weeks ago (on a daily basis with the hope of achieving at-least top 20) at first being restricted to being only able to play ranked in EU servers due to ping issues (my ping ranging from 160-250 in cali server) i didn't encounter any issues in terms on gaining ppp and maintaining it. As the weeks passed my ppp increased as well as pp to a point where i was on 1.13 pp. At this point i had a ppp range from 2.2 to 2.4. This would at most give me a +0.02 daily. and as time will pass it will be difficult to even maintain +0.01 daily as i am and will only be able to gain ppp of like 3 other players due to the scarcity on EU players playing ranked due to ping issues. From this you guys must be able to see how unfair this is as it will make in nearly impossible to even achieve top 20 and this is totally unfair and puts many EU players at a disadvantage and revokes them from playing some really competitive matches which are always fun. I know there will be a few against this "movement" but i also know they will be many who are with this, by posting this i am not trying to cause any problems for plazma burst 2 staff, i am just trying to make it fair for EU players who are unable to played ranked to its full capabilities.

To clarify im not asking for the ping limits in ranked matches to be totally removed but instead i am asking for the ping limit to be at-least increased to around the 250-270 mark. I mean this topic has become hot in many eyes since the removal of the wash server but no one has complained yet so why am i? Because its unfair for others to be able to play and not others due to their countries of residence or because they are unable to afford better gaming equipment due to a lack of funds which in my eyes is discrimination, So please i urge you to do something about this whether that being removing ping limits or increasing them to around the 250-270 mark.

Skillz_
Recruit

Re: Ranked matches ping limits should be raised !!!!

Postby redrain » 9 January 2018, 17:02

This is a nice idea, since wash isnt there no more and eu ranked is dead, why not do that, i guess thats just fair. Also i feel like lot of players would be able to achieve some rank in pb2, since i feel like they didnt have the chance to. So +1 for this one.

redrain

Postby BLAST3R » 9 January 2018, 17:04

I fully agree, not being able to gain PPP because of the place you live in is unfair. This change would make the community more active and thus more people playing ranked.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrbane97 » 9 January 2018, 17:08

I AGREEE !!!
Because, its hard to join ranked maps.

mrbane97

Postby JuniorGirl1505 » 9 January 2018, 17:35

I agree with ur proposition for similar reasons tht others have given abov. It will make th game lots more fun nd competitive for everyone and make things fair!! :D

JuniorGirl1505

Postby ECC9 » 9 January 2018, 17:37

Yeah. EU ranked and players can't get pp.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby clown killer » 9 January 2018, 17:43

yes i definetly agree with Skillz, every player deserves a chance to play ranked and not only those who live in the US or close to cali server. Now the EU players can barely get ppp cuz eu ranked is dead and we cant play in cali. I rly think that the ping limit namely 180 on ranked should be increased. That will make it more fair for the players. I would say, dont increase the ping too high cuz then players will complain about lag but an achievable ping so eu players can play ranked in cali.
clown killer
Recruit

Postby Ownage_ » 9 January 2018, 17:49

This idea is very. This is primarily due to the fact that wash server is gone and we don't get a change to gain ppp in EU as there are not a lot of individuals that you can gain off. Also, if gives a fair advantage to other players as not everybody has the same chance of getting in the top 200. +1 From me

Ownage_

Postby Ownage_ » 9 January 2018, 17:54

I agree with skill. This is primarily due to the fact that every player deserves a chance to get top 200 and those limited to only EU are at a disadvantage ad eu ranked is very inactive. Due to this i believe that the ping limit should be 200 as this gives everyone a chance now that was has gone.

Ownage_

Postby Ty Q » 9 January 2018, 18:15

I don't disagree with the ping limit being raised, however I do disagree with it being raised to anything over 220.

+1, I guess.

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Sgt Dwayne » 9 January 2018, 18:35

This is exactly the worst problem I had twice. One was when Washington got removed like 5 months ago and the other was around 2015. People from Europe could somehow get into the ranked matches of the Washington with 120-170 pings. Not everyone has a ping problem from Europe, but the most of the players don't even live in UK or France or any country that would allow you to connect to the ranked matches of California. To be fair in this case, I would absolutely recommend the ping limit to be increased. It can be noticed after a small check on the current leaderboard that it's mostly filled up with players living at American continent.

As someone who lives at Europe, I can tell it would be totally better than before but what if I lived on US and had to mess with the people's lag on the ranked matches after ping limit got increased? It will continue to be a mess for European players if it doesn't get increased, but at the same time, it will be a mess for US players if it gets increased because of the fact that it would be harder for them to play.

I still keep my words though. My opinions are to be considered but putting it to effect is Eric's or whoever that is capable of updating. Tburn saying that it shouldn't be over 220 is personally fine for me.
Sgt Dwayne
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Sanctuary of Dark Meditations » 9 January 2018, 18:35

I agree, Nobody plays EU ranked anymore, so It can be a good idea to implement.

+

Sanctuary of Dark Meditations

Postby clown killer » 9 January 2018, 18:37

ye tburn, above 220 isnt a good idea ikr cuz cali players will complain. Why cant we get a limit of 200 then? whats the difference between 180 and 200 ping. Its not something like +250 ping.
clown killer
Recruit

Postby Skillz_ » 9 January 2018, 18:43

I would say bring it to at-least 220-230 as that is the average eu players ping in cali

Skillz_
Recruit

Postby fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2 » 9 January 2018, 19:59

More than 50% of california server have around 200-250 I like the idea,Since ranked died theres no competetive games :)

---

I agree,Since wash got removed and everyone are playing in cali like 50% of the players have around 200-250 ping

#Make ranked a thing again
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 11 January 2018, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posts merged

fdfhy3 revenge for fdfhy2
Recruit

Postby Neptunne » 9 January 2018, 20:05

I agree with Skillz, so i should say a good ping limit for ranked that probably any EU can play is 200-220

Neptunne
Recruit

Postby Walian11 » 9 January 2018, 20:39

Hm, I like your idea. But I dont agree with the ping limit to be around 250-270, would be a bit too much. Id say not above 220?

Walian11
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Alex2002 » 9 January 2018, 21:00

Totally agreed with your idea. It would be cool, i guess.
- Alex2002
Alex2002
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 9 January 2018, 21:11

What a nice day today, as Cali guest was on an eu approved and has 250 - 350 ping and I only got sliced he, but he shoots me I die, but when I shoot he then nothing happens. That's annoying.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Eric Gurt » 10 January 2018, 22:40

Network delay of 250+ is not something Plazma Burst 2 netcode can compensate so I think it can be raised from 180 to 250 in few days as a test. I have updated server code now, but I will not force server reboot yet as it seems like California server is still populated at this moment of time. This update will happen by itself soon.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Next

Return to Website / PB2 Game