An idea on how to increase activity

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Support

sure m8
43%
sure m8
43%
NAH M8, SHOO!
7%
NAH M8, SHOO!
7%

Total votes : 14

Re: An idea on how to increase activity

Postby thetoppestkek » 5 April 2017, 15:25

Before stating my opinion on the topic, I first want to address how well-made the main post is compared to other "criticism" posts about the game. Well done on the topic creator.

silverteen11 wrote:Put advertisements somewhere:
Yes, this is the most obvious one, yes, I know it's a lacking title, but it's something that has to be done, it could very well be a Facebook ad, Youtube ad, or just something simple if you can't afford that. An article in a website could do well.

I fully support this. Plazma Burst would've gotten far more attention than it currently has right now if there was proper advertising and promotion for the game.

Assuming Eric has the money to fully support an advertisement method, it won't be hard to gain a bigger audience in the PB2 game. However, before advertisement, we should make sure the community is purged of rulebreakers and offers the best experience to players.

silverteen11 wrote:Hire decently known Youtubers to play the game:

And when I say "decently" I don't just mean "popular", I also mean someone who will take the game seriously, and have fun. Seeing this could make the subscribbers check out the game, and if the Youtuber likes it, he/she could even play Plazma Burst 2 some more (and obviously record it).

If I'm not mistaken, there are already a decent number of YouTube channels fully dedicated to Plazma Burst 2, however they're overshadowed by other, larger YouTubers.

I don't think this is a good idea. Even if a YouTuber with a major audience did play Plazma Burst 2 seriously as you stated above, they would be overshadowed by other YouTubers playing way better games than, say, a FLASH game.

I won't even go about the YouTubers being $$$ hungry at the sake of making videos for the game and potential scrubscriber loss because of said game.

silverteen11 wrote:Give the staff team more permissions:
I feel like the Staff Team has limited tools, for example, the Administrators should have permission to approve maps, and while we're at it, give them more security tools too, because getting rid of the unwanted is also a good thing.

I can see where you're coming from, however I think you must elaborate on "security tools" and perhaps suggest something about the other Staff ranks.

Staff tool abuse is a thing, but considering how rare it is nowadays, it shouldn't be too bad to give the so underappreciated staff team some more tools, yes?

silverteen11 wrote:Limit guests way more:
We all know it's easy to avoid conflict when being a guest, I think it should be limited to something like 30 minutes per IP and local machine, then you cannot play as a guest anymore and you'll have to create an account.

I fully support this as well. It's quite easy to waltz in as a guest, and start a saltstorm that results in nothing but pure cancerous drama.

The guest feature should also be restricted to IP-banned users.

silverteen11 wrote:Make a Steam release:
Steam is a huge known gaming platform, and having a good game like Plazma Burst 2.5 in Steam (possibly free) would attract more players than what you can think, and even Reviewers.

steam normies REEEE Having this feature introduced would have poor old Eric to pay for a higher server capacity, which will also make lag a way larger problem than what it is at the moment.

Assuming Eric has enough $$$ to assure a high server player capacity, this could work very smoothly especially considering Steam's community size.

silverteen11 wrote:Add actual event rewards and do them in a regular interval:
This is gonna be though, but we have to admit it, activity in Plazma Burst 2 is very low, anyways, give the administrators (and possibly head moderators?) permissions to grant: A title, an exclusive character, heck, even maybe an icon next to their name in-game to make Events have actual rewards, the events would be in hands of the staff team in my opinion.

Agreed. It would give a more competitive vibe to events rather than just playing events "for the sake of fun".
However, this should be adjustable. (EG make certain events give rewards and make some others give no reward)

silverteen11 wrote:Re-work the forum game system:
An approval system is unneeded, simply let players have 1 forum game at a time and 1 extra forum game if the staff team thinks the requester has the time, and make 2 sections: One for simple, endless games and the other for bigger, complex games.

No. Just no.

If we assume the community grows due to the methods mentioned above, a rulebreaker making an inappropriate game topic could just waltz right in, and make an inappropriate forum game. Considering how much growth the community will be subject of, there's no doubt there will be perverted people here and there.

About splitting the forum games section into two sections, I highly disagree. As an RtD GM I can confirm there is not much interest towards long-term forum games and making a standalone section for long-term forum games wouldn't be much efficient and would not draw interest towards long-term forum games.

That's my two cents on your suggestions for now. Hope this is taken into consideration, this could help revive Plazma Burst's community and perhaps help the game reach the peak of it's activity. clans were the shit back then
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Website / PB2 Game