2 Factor Authorization

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

2 Factor Authorization

Postby ZapruderFilm » 26 November 2016, 08:22

As my appreciation of 2 Factor Authorization has been growing, I thought 'Why not have it on Plazmaburst?'
So that is the point of this thread.
2 Factor Authorization is basically Gauthy for PB2, where you scan a barcode with your phone, and then gauthy constantly creates codes and deletes and remakes them every few seconds. To successfully login to PB2, you have to use gauthy and type the correct code.

This makes accounts basically impossible to break into.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: 2 Factor Authorization

Postby Dariy » 18 December 2016, 13:22

Or we could use fingerprints, you can get usb fp scanners for as low as 10 dollars.
I know what you're gonna say, "What if I cut my fingers off?".
No problem because we can also use a retina scanner/iris scanner/facial recognition
(starting at about 50 dollars only, what a bargain for the safety of your PB2 account). ;)
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby Protonoid » 18 December 2016, 13:54

Dariy wrote:Or we could use fingerprints, you can get usb fp scanners for as low as 10 dollars.
I know what you're gonna say, "What if I cut my fingers off?".
No problem because we can also use a retina scanner/iris scanner/facial recognition
(starting at about 50 dollars only, what a bargain for the safety of your PB2 account). ;)

Umm... That'd be way too expensive. Not for use. For the developer.
To develop the technology, store each and every recognition, to recognize it and to safeguard it.
Even the best online security systems lack those features.

A great idea though.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby GhostX5 » 19 December 2016, 12:51

It's a great idea though, but Protonoid's right, the type of security check like fingerprint scanner, retinal/iris and stuff like that are way too expensive, especially for a developer like Eric Gurt. Biometric security is too complex, hard, and most expensive of them all, yet the hardest one to hack in.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 19 December 2016, 20:30

What the hell are you people talking about? 2FA is just scanning a barcode with your phone that generates a live code required in new login places.

You can't have fingerpriont and retina scanning integrated in a browser game wtf?

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Protonoid » 20 December 2016, 10:00

ZapruderFilm wrote:What the hell are you people talking about? 2FA is just scanning a barcode with your phone that generates a live code required in new login places.

You can't have fingerpriont and retina scanning integrated in a browser game wtf?

That's the same I was making Dariy understand.

The barcode system would be too complex for a flash game. A better alternative would be using an email address to authorize access to your account.

inb4 site mailing system does not work.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby pixelbyte » 21 December 2016, 01:29

No Offense but what about people who DON'T have a phone?
Is there an alternative form of 2Fact? Maybe Two passwords stored over two different databases? (thats prob a bad idea)

pixelbyte

Postby ZapruderFilm » 12 January 2017, 19:58

pixelbyte wrote:No Offense but what about people who DON'T have a phone?
Is there an alternative form of 2Fact? Maybe Two passwords stored over two different databases? (thats prob a bad idea)

You can do it through email, but 2FA would never be forced, it would be an available option to members who decide they want to use it.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Website / PB2 Game