PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby ZapruderFilm » 2 October 2016, 17:56

Pretty simple. There should be no cookie added to a browser session where a person uses a banned IP from a VPN, simply because innocent people are constantly getting banned, and everybody who is using a VPN to ban evade is smart enough to use incognito or clear cookies.

ZapruderFilm
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 26 August 2016, 21:00
Location: USA

Re: PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 4 October 2016, 11:09

ZapruderFilm wrote:Pretty simple. There should be no cookie added to a browser session where a person uses a banned IP from a VPN, simply because innocent people are constantly getting banned, and everybody who is using a VPN to ban evade is smart enough to use incognito or clear cookies.
I agree with this statement.
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 433
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

Re: PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby Terror Only » 4 October 2016, 17:21

is there a better banning system you can come up with? if yes then share it with eric

posting suggestions/ideas on this forum is worthless. nothing will be changed, nothing will be added

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:I agree with this statement.

I disagree with this statement. - see? this is how you sound
User avatar
Terror Only
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 12 February 2016, 11:45
Location: pizza sauce

Re: PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby ZapruderFilm » 4 October 2016, 18:33

Terror Only wrote:is there a better banning system you can come up with? if yes then share it with eric

posting suggestions/ideas on this forum is worthless. nothing will be changed, nothing will be added

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:I agree with this statement.

I disagree with this statement. - see? this is how you sound

There are literally only 3 ways to ban a person I can think of- All three are used in PB2.

There are account bans. When an account is banned, and it is logged into, other ban methods are deployed on that computer.

That leads us to the second method, an IP ban. This says basically - 'If xx.x.xx.xx tries to connect, give them this ban screen.'

After that the third method is implemented, a cookie is added to the browser session, saying 'If this cookie is present, give the user XX ban screen.'



Here is why this is occuring.
XX User enabled his VPN for whatever reason, but doesn't know cookie bans exist, or doesn't have a full understanding of the ban system.

User goes on PB2.

PB2 detects a banned IP address, then adds the ban cookie.

User turns OFF VPN, thinking 'Oh, that will fix it, surely.'

BUT. The cookie is still present.

Because of this, their original IP address is banned when they turn it off, or, it isn't banned, but because the cookie is still there, they still get the ban screen until they clear their cookies.


I mean really, this is silly. Everyone who uses a VPN to ban evade knows how the ban system works, and clears their cookies or uses incognito mode to access PB2.

Then, innocent users who DON'T know, are the ones who pay the price.

So why even bother with the cookie? All it does is cause trouble. People know how to get by it except people oblivious to ban evading, who don't need to anyway.

There is no reason why the cookie ban should be there for VPNs.

ZapruderFilm
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 26 August 2016, 21:00
Location: USA

Re: PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 4 October 2016, 19:19

I dont know why you would be banned for using VPN it seems wrong. And how do play PB2 on VPN?
User avatar
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 433
Joined: 3 June 2016, 00:35
Location: USA

Re: PB2 VPN bans should not be cookie bans

Postby ZapruderFilm » 26 November 2016, 08:20

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:I dont know why you would be banned for using VPN it seems wrong. And how do play PB2 on VPN?

No one is banned for use of a VPN, people are banned who use a VPN to ban evade, then innocent people use that VPN and then recieve the same ban as the ban evader.
VPN's aren't hard to use. I wouldn't recommend using one on PB2 or you will get banned due to the large amount of ban evaders, but for safe browsing I recommend Ultrasurf the chrome extension.

ZapruderFilm
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: 26 August 2016, 21:00
Location: USA


Return to Website / PB2 Game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users