Spawn system

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Spawn system

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 8 August 2016, 07:00

I think this should be fixed or something. Because when I join ranked matches or unranked I get spawn killed. How I get spawn killed is I respawn in a firefight unarmed and then one second dead. Can it just respawn you far away from a firefight when unarmed?

I meant to say that they should change the spawn system a bit like respawn you far away or a shield should activite blocking all shots for 1-3 seconds.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Spawn system

Postby Protonoid » 8 August 2016, 09:29

Maybe joining a COOP match can work for sometime.
But yeah.. I had experienced the trouble too.
Protonoid

Postby mrblake213 » 8 August 2016, 09:36

There was an idea like when you spawn, there will be a shield activated that blocks all attacks for 1-3 seconds.
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 8 August 2016, 21:02

mrblake213 wrote:There was an idea like when you spawn, there will be a shield activated that blocks all attacks for 1-3 seconds.

Thats probably for PB2.5 isnt it?
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby rayriflepie » 27 August 2016, 12:42

mrblake213 wrote:There was an idea like when you spawn, there will be a shield activated that blocks all attacks for 1-3 seconds.
I played SFH that was very op you could get around 3 free kills every time you spawned.
rayriflepie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 1 September 2016, 05:27

I only wish Eric could fixed this spawn system every dm map I try I spawn right into the firefight.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Ayano » 1 September 2016, 12:40

I tried thinking of a good spawn system.
But In my opinion. It would be nearly Impossible. If not Impossible but Very Very Hard.
I tried to think in a Normal player's view such as a Guest or a New player I also tried thinking on how to counter the idea as a spawn killer so that I can find a flaw within the Idea.
Not in My view,Not As an Experienced player's view or Not as a Professional player.

Ok lets try visualizing this, Think of those common approved maps we see in DM/TDM.

===SPAWN SHIELD IDEA===

I liked the idea of the Shield. It could give some time for the player to breathe.
So i tried thinking deeper into this and realized that it also had a flaw to it.With this People can get a nearby Gun and just Tank 1 shot of the enemy if they still had a shield and just shoot back right at them after tanking the shot. A lag factor may also be another abusive-ish thing since they usually have a Hit Delay. Thus making the shield a bit longer-ish to some laggers. People can also be used as an actual meat shield to block incoming shots to save an ally and who can just spray back without taking damage.

===SPAWNING WITH WEAPONS IDEA===

Not a fan of People spawning with Weapons. People can easily fight back of course.
People will still get spawn killed if you think about it. you just basically spawn with a weapon, but people can still kill you after spawning nearly instantly if there good enough. Since people can just spawn with a weapon beside an enemy grenade going off and die to it. Or someone constantly spraying/spamming on a specific spawn point.

===SPAWNING FAR AWAY FROM A BATTLE IDEA===

This can actually prevent spawn killing. Since you are in a safe Spot without any nearby enemy players to kill you.
But in most approved maps (That I play.)
The maps are usually Small to Medium in Size. and Most of the time the Guns are always close to the battle.
Plus there are player who are ridiculously fast. Who can get to the other side of the map within a few seconds.
Good Players Constantly move to another area to hunt other players down. (Except for campers.)
As an unarmed player who spawns somewhere far. Your still exposed to some players who actually have a weapon to hunt you down. meanwhile most of the guns can just be hanging in one area where there is a battle/firefight going on.
Plus there is nearly no control over this Idea since the Map Makers themselves place those specific spawn Points. (I think.)

===IMMORTAL IF UNARMED===

Just like the same problem with the shield. But with this people can just camp the weapons for free kills.
Plus people can just use swords to kill everyone without dying to another player.

===SPAWN KILLS DON'T COUNT===

Not sure how do I actually explain this but like after a Few seconds after spawning Like 1-6 Seconds Unarmed and you died to a player The death won't register so as the Player's kill. This could be really unfair,complicated and confusing if i try to explain more.I mean we had swords for a reason which technically makes us Armed. this may be a weird idea. but it still won't help spawn killing.

===SPAWNING WITH A WEAPON AND A SPAWN SHIELD===

I just feel like it won't work somehow....

===My conclusion===

There is no best way to solve spawn killing in my opinion.
It will always be based on how the player reacts to the situation.
All of the Ideas I have mentioned could have been a good idea. But Had some flaws to them making additional problems. The only way to prevent spawn killing in an obvious way is just to Join those long matches of CO-OP.
I can be proven wrong at anytime here. Im just stating my opinion about the possibilities of each Idea.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 1 September 2016, 23:23

@Ayano you came up with some amazing ideas that Eric could add in the PB2.5. I like the shield idea.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 2 September 2016, 14:55

Isn't grenades and sword decent enough to make you armed although its risky but with tactical thinking and suicide bombing you could still kill spawn killers

===SPAWN SHIELD IDEA===

Easy to abuse, abuse in team fights, free meatshield for a few second and creates some free kill
===SPAWNING WITH WEAPONS IDEA===

Lag for multiple existing weapons in one map and prone to killing someone near your spawn area
===SPAWNING FAR AWAY FROM A BATTLE IDEA===

Buggy in small maps, only great in large maps and if only there is a system which could detect battle
===IMMORTAL IF UNARMED===

Prone to abuse in team fights and Gives free meat shield
===SPAWN KILLS DON'T COUNT===

Prone to complains from fresh bloods, Spawn killing as an act of self defence doesn't matter
===SPAWNING WITH A WEAPON AND A SPAWN SHIELD===

Gives free meat shield for a few second, can be abused in team fights for a few second, gives free kill for newly spawned players
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Ayano » 2 September 2016, 15:31

If you guys read what I fully said you could find the flaws of each Idea that I know of.
ustopable wrote:*IDEAS QUOTE*

Oh wow thanks for spotting more flaws into those Ideas.
Never actually thought of those tbh.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lee06400 » 2 September 2016, 18:09

Making the spawn location really random will just be more efficient than the actual system, there's high chances when you join a game to be VERY near to someone and you'll be most likely to get spawn killed, this works too when you die and respawns.
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 2 September 2016, 19:45

Unless you want to get killed quickly something should be done with it.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 3 September 2016, 05:10

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:Unless you want to get killed quickly something should be done with it.

What exactly do you suggest.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 3 September 2016, 09:43

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:@Ayano you came up with some amazing ideas that Eric could add in the PB2.5. I like the shield idea.

That idea or at least if you're in a small map then the shield idea would work great but if the map is big it should respawn you far away. Thats what I suggest.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 4 September 2016, 10:54

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:
MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:@Ayano you came up with some amazing ideas that Eric could add in the PB2.5. I like the shield idea.

That idea or at least if you're in a small map then the shield idea would work great but if the map is big it should respawn you far away. Thats what I suggest.

and how would you make a solution about player who use new use newly spawned players as meatshield
how would you make a solution in giving free kills to these newly spawned players

now for your respawn far away how would you classify a small map from a large map
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 6 September 2016, 08:35

ustopable wrote:
MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:

and how would you make a solution about player who use new use newly spawned players as meatshield
how would you make a solution in giving free kills to these newly spawned players

now for your respawn far away how would you classify a small map from a large map

1. There is a way to fix things 2. I dont make maps I might have no answer for that.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 6 September 2016, 10:51

Would like to listen to your idea
Now what fix would you put?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 7 September 2016, 01:54

Well tbh any idea you come up with are going to have ups and downs some ideas Ayano came up with had some ups and downs. Its not like any idea you come up with is going to work out perfect.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 9 September 2016, 12:32

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:Well tbh any idea you come up with are going to have ups and downs some ideas Ayano came up with had some ups and downs. Its not like any idea you come up with is going to work out perfect.

If I say that to fix your problem is to disable firing from shielded enemies and make bullets go through.
Any fix better than this?
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 9 September 2016, 19:53

ustopable wrote:
MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:Well tbh any idea you come up with are going to have ups and downs some ideas Ayano came up with had some ups and downs. Its not like any idea you come up with is going to work out perfect.

If I say that to fix your problem is to disable firing from shielded enemies and make bullets go through.
Any fix better than this?

I say that is a great idea it may not work out as perfect though but I think that should work out great.
MI6 AGENT 007

Return to Website / PB2 Game